[Q] what is custom kernel and what are best combinations?

Search This thread

darki0xox

Sep 12, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Hello , my name is ahmed
I've been flashing roms and custom roms for several android devices for a year now - and I have good experience in idevices iphone ipad softwaring and jailbreaking

I always used stock rom first then flash custom rom so I can build my rom on a basic stock kernel.
Until I faced many bugging and lagging problems and some battery drain ones too !

So my question is I wanna try custom kernels I heared it helps the rom and the device for more power and cpu control
I need to know what is kernel is more deep way than just " the heart of the device " as many guides say here
I need also to know what are the best combinations between customs!

:D actually I do need to know more about threads I'd face if I got involved into this.
Thanks in advance

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
You need to search, read and test. No one can give you an exact answer and threads asking for recommendations are against the posting rules, as they can cause bad feeling.

The kernel is the layer between the rom and hardware, it contains all the drivers etc to implement the software calls. Custom kernels will allow you change things that stock won't, usually with some risk.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: darki0xox

darki0xox

Sep 12, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
You need to search, read and test. No one can give you an exact answer and threads asking for recommendations are against the posting rules, as they can cause bad feeling.

The kernel is the layer between the rom and hardware, it contains all the drivers etc to implement the software calls. Custom kernels will allow you change things that stock won't, usually with some risk.

Thanks for the reply
But I read in some topics I have to use a specific kernel with specific rom idk why they said that . Can u help me with that ?

And I wonder , by using a kernel with note 3 on a custom rom can I still have s pen features somehow ? And detectors like air gestures ? Or its related to samsung stock touchWiz only ?

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
If the rom chef says to use a specific kernel then it will usually be included in the rom.

You can't use a kernel from another device, you will blow the hardware. Features can be imported as software, by the rom chef unless it needs a sensor that the s3 doesn't have.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.