Samsung Galaxy S5 - Australian Users

Search This thread

hsv23

Aug 13, 2010
Adelaide
Flashing kltedv euphoria

HI All,
I have rooted my s5 900i and flashed the stock xsa firmware and was thinking of flashing the kltedv euphoria and had a couple of questions.

Firstly which one of these do i need? Banks GAPPS or PA Gapps ?
Modem:
is the need for the Taiwanese modem only for bluetooth. I don't use Bluetooth but suppose it would be nice to have. If i want it do i just flash the Taiwainese rom then flash the Euphoria ROM over the top after a full boot with the Tai one?

Kernel:
do i need a different kernel? or is the one i have from the xsa firmware ok?

SE linux:
The requirements state that you need to have Secure linux support. Where do i check this? I notice in the settings it has SE for Android status: ENFORCING.

I thought i'd ask here instead of that forum first because there are some aussies here that are using this ROM. Out of curiosity what other ROMS are people using?
Also has there been an announcement when the new stock 5.X.X Lollipop XSA will be available?

Thanks.

Last edited:

babygau

Jun 22, 2011
Melbourne
Whatever gapps is compatible

Modem:
is the need for the Taiwanese modem only for bluetooth. I don't use Bluetooth but suppose it would be nice to have. If i want it do i just flash the Taiwainese rom then flash the Euphoria ROM over the top after a full boot with the Tai one?
you don't need to flash 5.0 modem, any cm roms will work well with whatever modem you're using. i'm still using 4.4 vodafone modem as i got great coverage with it

Kernel:
you can use cm kernel but kt kernel is supposed to be the best for performance and battery saving

SE linux:
The requirements state that you need to have Secure linux support. Where do i check this? I notice in the settings it has SE for Android status: ENFORCING.
you shouldn't be worry about it, yours is OK

I thought i'd ask here instead of that forum first because there are some aussies here that are using this ROM. Out of curiosity what other ROMS are people using?
with kltedv device, we have cm12, euphoria and aicp rom. i'm using aicp and it works best for me with kt kernel installed in term of customization, performance and stability

qubbus

Dec 24, 2012
HI All,
I have rooted my s5 900i and flashed the stock xsa firmware and was thinking of flashing the kltedv euphoria and had a couple of questions.

Modem:

Kernel:

SE linux:

Also has there been an announcement when the new stock 5.X.X Lollipop XSA will be available?

Thanks.

You should flash these gapps which are mentioned in installation notes.

I flashed Taiwan lollipop and then euphoria. It gave me only the feeling that all parts of ROM are from lollipop, bootloader, kernel, system, modem etc. But I mentioned above, you can use KitKat modem and bootloader from 4.4.2 XSA w/o any updating just flash Euphoria as instruction says.

Ktoonsez is a bit better than CM kernel. I am also using this kernel (if you like - 47k in antutu w/o overclocking on KT kernel, CM kernel gave me 45k)

You can flash ROMs as you like and find the one which suits you best.

aircon2000

Aug 9, 2010
Melbourne
In euphoria you have theme manager. But i like AOSP as it is.

I tried this ROM, but had massive battery drain for some reason.

I've gone back to a slightly buggy 5.0 ROM

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I think I might have used the wrong version...I used KLTE and apparently the 900i is KLTEDV...so i'll try that and see how it goes.

qubbus

Dec 24, 2012

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I think I might have used the wrong version...I used KLTE and apparently the 900i is KLTEDV...so i'll try that and see how it goes.

You had stuck a NFC wakelock - and this is a reason of masssssive battery drain. Phone is baking from that :D
KLTEDV variant have very very decent battery life, and NFC works !

Last edited:

madshaggers

Feb 25, 2015
NRL app on root

Anyone know if we can live stream NRL via the app with root?

Pretty sure Foxtel play doesn't work but wasn't sure about the NRL.

Thanks

madshaggers

Feb 25, 2015
Have been testing it on 5.0 ROM and there doesn't seem to be a problem. I am subscribed and it still seems to be working with all features. So I'm guessing root doesn't matter unlike the Foxtel app.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

hsv23

Aug 13, 2010
Adelaide
Hi,
Thanks for the info.
One other question do I have to root again after I flash euphoria?

Sent from my SM-G900I using XDA Free mobile app

qubbus

Dec 24, 2012
Hi,
Thanks for the info.
One other question do I have to root again after I flash euphoria?

No, just enable developer options and then in root access choose what you need (application is minimum). No superSu or other apps needed.

hsv23

Aug 13, 2010
Adelaide
Does Euphoria change any partition sizes or something?
I decided to flash euphoria last night. I did a nand backup of my current rom then did the full wipe and install of euphoria and gapps.
Rebooted into the rom and everything was working had a bit of a play around and decided to do a back up of it cuz I didn't have time to set everything up.
After the backup I wiped and restored my original rom backup but when I rebooted the screen stayed black and all these forced closed kept popping up. The only thing I could do is use the power button.
I tried other backups and the same outcome.
The only thing that worked was using Odin to flash the XSA Firmware and then restoring my Backup.

I thought all my backups were corrupt and had to start from scratch.

inner_vision

Apr 3, 2013
You'll probably get better answers for that on the euphoria thread. I wonder if you have a bad recovery? Another option might be to compare Euphoria's updater-script and see what it is doing. Did you do a full wipe or a factory wipe because you may find a difference there too.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

hsv23

Aug 13, 2010
Adelaide
Thanks I might post in that forum.
I did a full wipe/ factory reset in the recovery. That is the option on Philzwiz(? ~spelling) recovery

Mussels84

May 18, 2013
I decided to flash euphoria last night. I did a nand backup of my current rom then did the full wipe and install of euphoria and gapps.
Rebooted into the rom and everything was working had a bit of a play around and decided to do a back up of it cuz I didn't have time to set everything up.
After the backup I wiped and restored my original rom backup but when I rebooted the screen stayed black and all these forced closed kept popping up. The only thing I could do is use the power button.
The only thing that worked was using Odin to flash the XSA Firmware and then restoring my Backup.

generally, i find that you need to clean wipe, then install the rom your backup was based off, then restore the backup for everything to work properly.

qubbus

Dec 24, 2012

Only thing you didn't do is :
1)Wipe cache partition
2)Wipe dalvik/art partition

It is needed to do before or after *click* restore backup.

The point is that first boot after switching ROMS (especialy such different like CM12 based euphoria and 4.4.2 stock kitkat sammy ROM) must be with clean dalvik/art and cache partitions!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Community,

Here's a place for general discussion and information sharing amongst the G900I (or other) Australian users.

Firmwares for G900I:

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=SM-G900I&pcode=0#firmware

Root Guide & Method:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2699648

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2696537

Edit the G900I dock (if rooted):

Open the /system/csc/others.xml file and change TRUE to FALSE on the following line:

<CscFeature_Launcher_ReplaceHotseatAreaInEditMode>TRUE</CscFeature_Launcher_ReplaceHotseatAreaInEditMode>

To enable gallery auto rotate, do the following in the same others.xml file

"<CscFeature_Gallery_AddAutoRotationIcon>TRUE</CscFeature_Gallery_AddAutoRotationIcon>" and change TRUE to FALSE.

Save your changes, reboot

Please keep discussions clean, informative and relevant.
    How To Install: Taiwanese 900I Firmware & Australian Modem Files

THIS POST HAS BEEN UPDATED TO ADD INFORMATION ABOUT ALSO INSTALLING THE SAUDI ARABIA FIRMWARE
    INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST

READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO INSTALL EITHER FIRMWARE

I know that other people have previously posted the steps in doing this, but having read the whole thread and seeing a few people have been unsuccessful, I’ve written a more detailed guide to assist those (also good for those newer to this type of stuff).

The installation of the Taiwanese 900I firmware allows Australian S5 900I handsets to move dock icons, have a camera shortcut on the lock screen and auto-rotate in the gallery without the need to unlock and root the phone (which I do not wish to do on a brand new handset due to KNOX).

These are the steps I took to install the firmware and the Australian modem files. Download Booster is working 100%, dock icons can be moved, gallery has the auto-rotate option and camera shortcut can be added to home screen (camera sound only disabled by muting phone sound) etc.

It is not compulsory to download and install the Australian modem files (I no longer have them installed).
    Ignore the download/install instruction section for the Australian modem files if you will not be flashing the Australian modems.

I have tried to make the instructions below as simple as possible.

This needs to be done under Windows. You will be downloading around 3GB of files.

Download the necessary files:
    1. Visit SamMobile and download the Taiwanese 900I firmware (G900IZTU1ANCB).
    2. Proceed to download the Australian XSA 900I firmware (G900IDVU1AND2) or download the modem files I have extracted from the XSA and have uploaded to Dropbox (only if you are installing Australian modem files).
    3. Download ODIN 3.0.9 (link on SamMobile Taiwanese / Australian firmware page).
    4. Whilst these files are downloading, make sure you have a file extraction tool such as 7-ZIP or WinRAR as you will need to extract files if you are downloading the Australian XSA (no need for this if you are not flashing the Australian modem files or have already download the extracted modem files I provided).

These are the steps I took to setup and install the necessary files onto my S5 (my way may be slightly different to other people, but I believe that you should factory reset your device BEFORE installing any firmware or files):

Preparing your S5 for new firmware installation:
    1. BACK UP YOUR PHONE (I didn’t bother as I didn’t have much on mine and anything important will SYNC straight from ‘the cloud’).
    2. FACTORY RESET YOUR PHONE – THIS IS IMPORTANT (Settings/Backup and Reset: Factory Reset).
    3. When the phone has re-started, you need to put your phone into ‘Download Mode’. Pressing the volume down button/home button/power button simultaneously does this. Press the volume up button when asked if you wish to continue.
    4. Connect your phone via USB to your computer. Allow your computer time to install any necessary USB drivers for your S5.

Installing the Taiwanese 900I firmware:
    1. Extract ODIN 3.0.9 and then proceed to open the program.
    2. There will be four (4) options to the right hand side of the program screen. Select AP and locate the Taiwanese firmware file you downloaded. Click start when ODIN is ready. Your phone will restart when finished. Exit ODIN
    3. At this stage, I would suggest checking for OTA updates before flashing the Australian modem files. As of 24/05/14 (when I posted this), there are two files available (first file 34.7MB, second file 97.71MB).

THIS STEP IS OPTIONAL!!!
    INSTALLING THE AUSTRALIAN MODEMS WILL DISABLE OTA UPDATES

Installing the Australian modem files:
    1. Open ODIN, and put your phone into ‘Download Mode’ (pressing the volume down button/home button/power button simultaneously does this. Press the volume up button when asked if you wish to continue).
    2. In ODIN, on the right hand side of the program screen, select CP and locate the modem.bin file. Hit start to flash the file ensuring your phone is restarted once finished.
    3. Once your phone has restarted. Turn off phone, and then place your S5 back into ‘Download Mode’ (pressing the volume down button/home button/power button simultaneously does this. Press the volume up button when asked if you wish to continue).
    4. In ODIN, select CP and locate the NON-HLOS.bin file. Hit start to flash the file ensuring your phone is restarted once finished.

Proceed to setup your phone with your new Taiwanese 900I firmware and Australian modem files installed (your phone will setup in English). Once your S5 is setup, check your keyboard settings to ensure your desired language is set correctly.

IMPORTANT:
    Please do not attempt this if you are not confident with installing a different firmware on your S5 or if you wish to receive future OTA updates. If you do wish to get OTA updates, you can re-flash the Taiwanese modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin files, then go into Software Update on the S5 and if there is an update available, it will download (I did this and the phone downloaded the latest updates to my S5 - first file 34.7MB, second file 97.71MB). I then flashed the Australian modem files.

I have only posted this in hope that it assists those who were not successful in gaining the working Download Booster previously. I am not responsible if you attempt this and brick your S5.

Thanks ☺

Installing the Saudi Arabia firmware:
    Please make sure you follow the steps earlier in the post to backup and factory reset your S5
    1. Visit SamMobile and download the Saudi Arabia 900I firmware (G900IDVU1AND2).
    2. Download ODIN 3.0.9.
    3. Extract ODIN 3.0.9 and then proceed to open the program.
    4. There will be four (4) options to the right hand side of the program screen. Select AP and locate the Saudi Arabia firmware file you downloaded. Click start when ODIN is ready. Your phone will restart when finished. Exit ODIN
    5. Check for any OTA updates. There is no need to flash the Australian modem files.
    Firmware links for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900I

Android Lollipop 5.0
    G900IDVU1BOE1

Australia unbranded: XSA:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!K1cl0AoY!tXFBpGJeaIDEQIjAQMma55jZ2pRmXDecnMk-piEqUCA
    PDA: G900IDVU1BOE1
    CSC: G900IXSA1BOD2
    CHANGELIST: 4826466
    BUILD DATE: 04.05.2015
    MODEM VERSION: BOD3
    RELEASE DATE: 1 JUNE 2015

Australia TELSTRA:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!L1sE1IgL!lm8cNZmWX7Lai9Nykn-TRLI8eWWmLkqt97V9E0xLqfc
    CSC: G900ITEL1BOD2

Australia OPTUS:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!Gh8ESajb!KWPo2AGVkqT5vBhWJqe-L8A6JNprBzzR3Gmw42JHWPU
    CSC: G900IOPS1BOD2

Australia VODAFONE:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!eg8nwLCZ!3oClMFM0tmqaPd8QD9486IQ1_E6mgcI9xpWwp-4ajMg
    CSC: G900IVAU1BOD2

Taiwan unbranded:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!qpcjxQ7T!g882tUXNSus4uNClyhfHy0hk-o9aV6VVLQUptdv-BSI
    PDA: G900IZTU1BOE1
    CSC: G900IZZT1BOE1
    CHANGELIST: 4852497
    BUILD DATE: 11.05.2015
    MODEM VERSION: BOE1
    RELEASE DATE: 3 JUNE 2015

New Zeland unbranded TNZ:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!WlsxlABA!4I0iceYX_MlAYCgJsmLDRu9jXKOHi82qlgJqhoaJB2w
    CSC: G900ITNZ1BOD2
    RELEASE DATE: 15 JUNE 2015

New Zeland unbranded NZC:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!DlsAjAjb!Bx1g6EfpnrNKhq1cBNtovg6Mq_3_QT0KLf84SAxgS60
    CSC: G900INZC1BOE2

New Zeland VODAFONE:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!ew0WgbDL!ByxrVV...mcwrWfOUIK-Xng
    CSC: G900IVNZ1BOE3
    [Discontinued][Old Version]

Discontinued...
    Stock Rom + Debloated + DeSamsunged + Deodexed + Rooted + MultiLanguage + Xposed tested [Update-Added MM BL-CP 2016]

Disclaimer:
    I am not responsible for anything that happens to you or your phone while you are using this custom ROM. By installing this ROM you understand the risks of modifying the core components of your phone and assume all responsibilities for any damages.

Notice:
    With permission from @_alexndr and thanks to him for providing such devbase of kltexx to devs.
    Thanks @xXx for providing and sharing his Debloat scripts for kltexx that also helped me in debloating rom further to edgar rom level or more at least.
    With permission and Thanks @Looki75 for providing mods for firmwares on kltexx really useful stuff.

Features

Note:
    This Version BOI3 Does Not have any Mods in ROM So its Pure Stock no apps/framework are modified

Stock Apps

Camera
    Calculator
    Contacts
    Dailer
    Gallery
    AirWake
    Fingerprint
    PrivateMode
    Gestures
    UltraPowerSaving Mode

3rd Party Apps

NovaLauncher (Free version) {Used as Default Launcher}
    SuperSu [Root]

Google Apps included Also Updated to Sep-2015 as Per Released to date.

Clock {Used as Default Clock App}
    Calender {Used as Default Calender App}
    Google Play Services
    Google WebView
    Play Store
    Play Games
    Play Music {Used as Default Music Player}
    Keyboard {Used as Default Keyboard}
    Messenger {Used as Default Messaging App}
    Note: Users of G900F who want to try my rom just flash kernel-nfc-tw-lp_deodebloat_kltexx_BOI3.zip after flashing rom and for G900I users they don't need to flash it because kltedv version of zip is preinstalled on Rom.

Downloads
    Rom
    File: G900FXXU1BOI3_DeoDebloat_mmtrt.zip
    MD5: 96b787f1a9c77c571b98ac05b1b2f974

Addon [Use Only for G900F] [Updated]
    File: kernel-nfc-tw-lp_deodebloat_kltexx_BOJ2.zip
    MD5: f02bd4877a8fe30512dcba131ce2cb87

Addon [Use Only for G900I] [Updated]
    File: kernel-nfc-tw-lp_deodebloat_kltedv_BOJ1.zip
    MD5: 4a0e97a12f38a39ad2ef1d7242efaf4d

Bootloader and Modem Odin Flashable MD5 only G900I
    Instructions How To Flash
    1: Power off Phone and Remove Battery for 1 min.
    2: Put battery in and turn on phone and directly go download mode by hold down-> vol down+home+power.
    3: Connect phone to pc and run odin and select bootloader tar on bl and modem tar in cp and flash.
    4: Check bootloader version and baseband that will be BOH4 and BOG1, (I'll recommand PhoneInfo+ app to check both).

LP
    File: G900I-DVU1BOJ2-MODEM.tar.md5
    MD5: 8f48155f4f670f99642f958e48e0c357

File: G900I-DVU1BOJ1-BOOTLOADER.tar.md5
    MD5: 4675ae78036295caf58354d9e27e0fa3

MM
    File: BL_G900IDVU1CPG2.tar.md5
    MD5: c9b01620a8f18df4eb992b9f2a1f08c7

File: CP_G900IDVU1CPC1.tar.md5
    MD5: e335c7d180523dc492507f11b10a3004

Old Version

Hello Guys I Present my Version of Stock rom for G900I based on G900FXXU1BOE6 for G900F Devbase by @_alexndr.

I am just sharing my work that I use as daily driver and I am sharing with you guys on G900I hope you like it.

Apps and Features included after Debloat DeSamsung
    Music
    Video
    Calculator
    Contacts
    Gallery
    My Files
    Sound Alive
    Keyboard
    AirWake
    Fingerprint
    PrivateMode
    MultiView
    Gestures
    File Manager
    UltraPowerSaving Mode

More I don't Know perhaps check it your self.

Third Part Apps Included

NovaLauncher (Free version) {Used as default launcher}
    SuperSu

Google Apps included

Google Play Services
    Google WebView
    Play Store
    Play Games

Some information on mods included in rom.
    PopupuiReceiver.apk:

Disabled Battery Cover & Charging Cover Toasts

SystemUI.apk:

Removed Quickconnect & Sfind from Pulldown + removed Battery Low notifications + removed Battery Full notification + made status bar icons 100% opacity + removed AirPlane mode popup when toggling with quick setting toggle (tile in notification pulldown).

framework-res.apk:

Removed IME keyboard switcher notification.
    Warning if xposed is installed it will break Private Mode so if you want to use it better not use flash it just early headsup.

Xposed Tested no google play services or google coreapp fcs after flashing framework.

Note: Users of G900F who want to try my rom just flash kernel-nfc-tw-lp_deodebloat_kltexx.zip after flashing rom and for G900I users they don't need to flash it because kltedv version of zip is preinstalled on Rom.

Also users who want to keep their ROM CSC please change CSC=BTU to CSC=KCSC options.prop edit with notepad++ save rezip rom and flash

Download Rom
    https://mega.nz/#!N10hHDiJ!qvQbZLRMeqq0hFl924eHqu5fa7_PZ9hW4_Gtxn1cXpg

File: G900FXXU1BOE6_DeoDebloat_mmtrt.zip
    MD5: d5418920aa8ed47b4beba514bc780921

Download Kernel+NFC Fix
    https://mega.co.nz/#F!xp1GxLjK!-8W6hUAFPYdO784A0GckiQ

File: kernel-nfc-tw-lp_deodebloat_kltedv.zip
    MD5: 16f16d6a6c398237042e42608fa40053

File: kernel-nfc-tw-lp_deodebloat_kltexx.zip
    MD5: 5a76fa207ef22d6d825378e1c8dc0203

File: kernel-nfc-tw-lp_deodebloat_kltezt.zip
    MD5: cb65210511fdcce901ae4fdffd507ed4
    G900i Lolipop update is here...!!

Just checked samfirmware and there is android 5 update for g900i. Its for the Taiwanese version but we all G900i owners may odin flash that as well..!!

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/41645/G900IZTU1BOA1_G900IZZT1BOA1_BRI.zip/