Problems with backing up rooms using twrp recovery

Search This thread

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
Every time I back up a ROM and then I go to b restore the ROM it restores it really fast like in 50 seconds and then I wipe cache and dalvic then reboot my phone the restored ROM is never on my phone its the ROM that I had on my phone before I restored the last, final rom.when you do a ROM back up using twrp what do I all back up.boot, recovery,system,data,cache, and efs.Do I back them all up when backing up a rom? I'm use to using cwm which automatically chooses everything that's needed. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
Every time I back up a ROM and then I go to b restore the ROM it restores it really fast like in 50 seconds and then I wipe cache and dalvic then reboot my phone the restored ROM is never on my phone its the ROM that I had on my phone before I restored the last, final rom.when you do a ROM back up using twrp what do I all back up.boot, recovery,system,data,cache, and efs.Do I back them all up when backing up a rom? I'm use to using cwm which automatically chooses everything that's needed. Thanks

It sounds like you only backed up Data and Boot not the system partition. Every once in a while system is not checked on the screen right before you swipe to make the backup. As a matter of fact it happened to me last night after i wiped my phone i always have a main backup and then a current one just before i don't something to my phone. In the future just make sure all 3 (Boot, System and Data) are checked before you swipe to make the backup.

When you go restore that backup, before you swipe it will show you what is being restored. If System is not in the list, then you didn't get the system backed up.

Reactions: xda23

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It sounds like you only backed up Data and Boot not the system partition. Every once in a while system is not checked on the screen right before you swipe to make the backup. As a matter of fact it happened to me last night after i wiped my phone i always have a main backup and then a current one just before i don't something to my phone. In the future just make sure all 3 (Boot, System and Data) are checked before you swipe to make the backup.

When you go restore that backup, before you swipe it will show you what is being restored. If System is not in the list, then you didn't get the system backed up.