Would a Soft Key Mod Work?

Search This thread

Insidious

Mar 12, 2011
Southern Maryland
Just for kicks, I think it would be cool to have an optional soft key mod; I know AOKP has the option to turn them on or off. If anybody is interested, I could look into porting them over. I'm no dev but I have Eclipse, all of the SDK stuff, and Photoshop; so I'm decently equipped. All I need is a little guidance :b.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

Nopi45

Mar 14, 2012
Lawton
Just for kicks, I think it would be cool to have an optional soft key mod; I know AOKP has the option to turn them on or off. If anybody is interested, I could look into porting them over. I'm no dev but I have Eclipse, all of the SDK stuff, and Photoshop; so I'm decently equipped. All I need is a little guidance :b.

There us a way to go into tablet mode and it has the on screen keys. But you would have to search around its in the themes forms.

taptaptouch

Jul 23, 2010
Kalamazoo
There us a way to go into tablet mode and it has the on screen keys. But you would have to search around its in the themes forms.

From what I can tell the images for the softkeys would be in the systemui
if you set your dpi to around 160 or so you should be able to get tablet ui on your phone but with some Fc's on certain apps so those have to be replaced with market replacements

Nopi45

Mar 14, 2012
Lawton
Let me know if ya get it working I am thinking bout taking a dive and start learning how to devolope some of this cool stuff.

dyetheskin

Dec 12, 2006
bensalem, pa
it doesn't require much dev knowledge. if you know how to decompile and build,edit xmls and smali,basis photo skills it's rather easy

Insidious

Mar 12, 2011
Southern Maryland
Time to learn how to code XD. I the SDK and eclipse on my computer, so I'll spend the night learning as much as I can.

xarmorx

Mar 3, 2012
Layton
why?

why would you want on screen soft keys? it just seems kind of redundant to have the actual buttons and the on screen soft keys

scubasteve85

Sep 5, 2010
why would you want on screen soft keys? it just seems kind of redundant to have the actual buttons and the on screen soft keys

As a friend with a Gnex told me. It's nice to always have the soft keys in the same place relative to the screen no matter which way you turn the phone.

Last edited: