[Kernel][3/17][VZW][4.3] - CleanKERNEL - 1.0 -★| Closed for now! |★-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
CleanKERNEL is for one purpose, kick the clock speed up a hair.

This is for Verizon JellyBean ROMS ONLY. Not for the new KitKat ROM's.

• Max clock is 1.89GHZ. <- This is the only difference over the stock kernel. Just two lines of code inserted at a specific point. No fancy features, no swipe to wake, etc.. just two frequencies added to the CPU frequency tables.
  • Not every phone will react the same way to this kernel. Some phones will love it, some phones will over heat and melt. Its highly unlikely your phone will melt but just in case... you have been warned!
  • Make a Nandroid back up of your entire system before flashing. There is no "undo" button.
  • MD5: 24B13AC28516220DFE98C70AA14C1917

Last edited:

Scott

Notes:

• I made this for me but figured I would share with everyone. Dont ask for any features. I'm not a kernel programmer (However I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night!).
  • This is only for Verizon. It may work on every variant, it may only work on Verizon. I dont know. Flash at your own risk.
  • Flash at your own risk!

Benchmarks... Because someone is bound to ask...

Compared against a stock One and a Stock S4
Antutu1.png
Antutu2.png
Antutu3.png

Last edited:

theslimed2013

Aug 13, 2013
Notes:

• I made this for me but figured I would share with everyone. Dont ask for any features. I'm not a kernel programmer (However I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night!).
  • This is only for Verizon. It may work on every variant, it may only work on Verizon. I dont know. Flash at your own risk.

I have a Sprint One Max sim unlocked to T-Mobile and I'll test the Kernel to see if it works.

theslimed2013

Aug 13, 2013
Flashed the Kernel to my Sprint HTC One max and seems to work nicely. Great battery life also. Has been on 80% for almost 2 Hours in Standby mode.

blap017

Jul 23, 2010
Brought the first kernel to the party. Hopefully that'll get the ball rolling. Thanks scott

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using xda app-developers app

pyro43284

Sep 24, 2011
ma
Running great for me on vz battery life has improved for me from what I can tell

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Scott

Running great for me on vz battery life has improved for me from what I can tell

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

To be honest if all he did was edit 2 lines of code to enable a slight OC step that's probably placebo

I would also agree, it should not affect battery life positively or negatively.

The voltages that I used on the the top two frequencies are the same voltages it hits per PVS BIN for the top stock frequency.

So at a minimum you should similar results. Better may be pushing but then you have to look at other factors.

In theory if CPU is maintaining same power draw and is runing faster... The screen may not be on as much as save time by having a faster phone...

So in theory it could be better battery but hard to say. I never even ran the stock kernel for more than 10 hours.

Also another factor to take into consideration is the ROM you are on. If you are CleanROM and CleanlKERNEL, you over all battery will be better than stock.

Last edited:

Scott

Flashed the Kernel to my Sprint HTC One max and seems to work nicely. Great battery life also. Has been on 80% for almost 2 Hours in Standby mode.

Just flashed on my Sprint max. WiFi didn't work :(

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using xda app-developers app
Seem to have conflicting data but please keep in mind this is not for Sprint. Its only for VZW. Flashing on any other device than a VZW device is at your own risk.

Punk9

Nov 20, 2011
Kissimmee
What rom are you running? I flashed this kernel on my Sprint Max and Wi-Fi 2.4 and 5 GHz Still works. Then again, this is a verizon Kernel and every phone is different.

I'm on viper Rom. And I remember reading somewhere that Sprint/vzn kernels were very similar so I was hoping it might work haha.

Scott

I'm on viper Rom. And I remember reading somewhere that Sprint/vzn kernels were very similar so I was hoping it might work haha.

The other guy said it was working on his Sprint device.

I'll download the Sprint source and make an identical kernel this weekend for Sprint'ers.

Punk9

Nov 20, 2011
Kissimmee

I'll download the Sprint source and make an identical kernel this weekend for Sprint'ers.

You're great man! thanks!
And yeah, I know this wasn't for my phone, but I figured why not flash it.

And I guess every phone is different. No idea why my wifi wasn't working. I didn't really look into it, I just restored my backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CleanKERNEL is for one purpose, kick the clock speed up a hair.

This is for Verizon JellyBean ROMS ONLY. Not for the new KitKat ROM's.

• Max clock is 1.89GHZ. <- This is the only difference over the stock kernel. Just two lines of code inserted at a specific point. No fancy features, no swipe to wake, etc.. just two frequencies added to the CPU frequency tables.
    • Not every phone will react the same way to this kernel. Some phones will love it, some phones will over heat and melt. Its highly unlikely your phone will melt but just in case... you have been warned!
    • Make a Nandroid back up of your entire system before flashing. There is no "undo" button.
    • MD5: 24B13AC28516220DFE98C70AA14C1917

Notes:

Benchmarks... Because someone is bound to ask...

Compared against a stock One and a Stock S4
    I agree!

I took back the One M8. It was small. Very hard to get used to.

Basically same phone. Definitely same processor. Lets try it out.

Thats what I am thinking.

I might compile some variations this weekend. Playing with voltage and frequency scales.