[Q] Stuck at HTC LOGO. Can´t acess recovery

Search This thread

Karlzzzon

Aug 19, 2009
Hi,

I was gonna flash the ROM Android Revolution HD Sense when i came from CM11. I did wipe/factory reset and after that installed the ARHD but when i did the reboot i got stuck at the HTC logo and now i can´t acess cwm recovery. when i press power+volume down i see the recovery logo and it says swipe to right to enter but after that im stuck at HTC logo again.....
Plz help me :)

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
You need to do
fastboot erase cache
That will allow you to get into recovery.

VieuMa

Jun 4, 2014
Same issue...

Hi guys,

I stupidly did exactly the same mistake as @Karlzzzon... I'm currently stuck with the HTC logo and have no access to the recovery.

I understood from your previous answers that I should have flashed with TWRP 2.6.3.3, which I'd like to do now. But how am I supposed to do that considering that I can't get to the recovery ?

Thanks in advance for your answers !

VieuMa

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hi guys,

I stupidly did exactly the same mistake as @Karlzzzon... I'm currently stuck with the HTC logo and have no access to the recovery.

I understood from your previous answers that I should have flashed with TWRP 2.6.3.3, which I'd like to do now. But how am I supposed to do that considering that I can't get to the recovery ?

VieuMa

1. flash twrp recovery
  2. erase cache
  3. boot recovery
  4. install the rom

Reactions: VieuMa

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Thanks @alray for your quick answer !
I just have one more question : how can I flash TWRP without using the recovery ?

even if its possible to flash a recovery.zip directly from recovery, the usual way to flash it is from fastboot using a recovery.img

Code:
fastboot flash recovery name_of_file.img
fastboot erase cache

assuming your phone is a M7_UL or M7_U:
download twrp 2.6.3.3 from here (make sure MD5 match 72067aefb69541d40e8420d7aa46408d) and save it to your adb folder then:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
fastboot erase cache

your rom.zip should still be there so just install it again

if not

adb push it to your /sdcard

Last edited:
Reactions: VieuMa

VieuMa

Jun 4, 2014
even if its possible to flash a recovery.zip directly from recovery, the usual way to flash it is from fastboot using a recovery.img

Code:
fastboot erase cache

download twrp 2.6.3.3 from here (make sure MD5 match 72067aefb69541d40e8420d7aa46408d) and save it to your adb folder then:

Code:
fastboot erase cache

if not

Alright, I didn't remember using fastboot in the past, only adb.

Worked like a charm, thanks a LOT for your time and your complete answers ! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

VieuMa

1. flash twrp recovery
    2. erase cache
    3. boot recovery
    4. install the rom
    Thanks @alray for your quick answer !
    I just have one more question : how can I flash TWRP without using the recovery ?

Code:
    fastboot erase cache

Code:
    fastboot erase cache

if not