[Q] Upgrading SGH-T889 to 4.4.2 Official/Stock

Search This thread

jinda628

Nov 12, 2012
New York
Hey guys. I've been using Note 3 for almost a year now and I am giving my Note 2 to my son. But its still on an old 4.3 AOSP custom ROM right now and want to upgrade it to an official 4.4.2 firmware if there is one.

I look at sammobile and search for SGH-T889 but the latest I can find is 4.3 released on Dec. 2013.
I checked both N7100 and N7105 and they have 4.4.2 available for download.

I entirely forgot already the difference between all these variation so I want to be sure before I Odin something.
Can I use the 4.4.2 FW from any of the 7100 or 7105? If not, can you guys point me to where I can download it?

Thanks a lot. Really appreciate the help.

xBkKx

Sep 30, 2011
There isn't a firmware update. The T-Mobile model of the Note 2 still hasn't received the update for Kitkat.
Feel free to flash a custom Kitkat ROM on the device though it worn have T-Mobile WiFi calling if you desire that.

Reactions: jinda628

jinda628

Nov 12, 2012
New York
There isn't a firmware update. The T-Mobile model of the Note 2 still hasn't received the update for Kitkat.
Feel free to flash a custom Kitkat ROM on the device though it worn have T-Mobile WiFi calling if you desire that.

Oh I see. I just installed the stock 4.3 FW last night since thats the latest I can find. Can I flash the KK Rom straight over the 4.3 stock?

Thanks for the response.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xBkKx

Sep 30, 2011
I wouldn't. The Kitkat ROMs aren't going to be like taking an OTA update and I believe all the TouchWiz Kitkat ROMs are ports from the N7105 model

Reactions: jinda628

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wouldn't. The Kitkat ROMs aren't going to be like taking an OTA update and I believe all the TouchWiz Kitkat ROMs are ports from the N7105 model