[GUIDE][NO NEED HTCDEV UNLOCK]Sick of the wire trick of S-OFF? Here's Rumrunner!!

Search This thread

arch_saint

Nov 23, 2014
Just S-OFFed my Sensation, everything is great!
I used ViperS 5.2.1 Rom and MacBook Air 2011 with Windows 7 32 bit, running with Boot Camp

coolpixs4

Mar 7, 2011
Successful S-OFF my htc x515e (Evo 4G+), everything is great!
Give a HUGE thanks for the author of Soju.exe (rumrunner s-off)

and give a thank for thís thread, which bring me to a trying

Mihu44

Aug 12, 2014
Hi. Last time I tried to make the S-OFF with this method received fatal error: "download updated package from rumrunner.es".

Now I would like to try again, but I did have some modifications in the system (custom bootanimation, Xposed with Gravitybox, Busybox, launcher, etc.). Is to do S-OFF with this method I need to have a clean ROM (currently I have Vipers 5.2.1)?

Recently I tried to perform this operation on Windows 7 64-bit, might have to be 32-bit version?

Thx for help. I would like to have Android 5.0 on my Sensation but I need S-OFF :/

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
Hi. Last time I tried to make the S-OFF with this method received fatal error: "download updated package from rumrunner.es".

Now I would like to try again, but I did have some modifications in the system (custom bootanimation, Xposed with Gravitybox, Busybox, launcher, etc.). Is to do S-OFF with this method I need to have a clean ROM (currently I have Vipers 5.2.1)?

Recently I tried to perform this operation on Windows 7 64-bit, might have to be 32-bit version?

Thx for help. I would like to have Android 5.0 on my Sensation but I need S-OFF :/

i did it while on vipers 5.2.1 rom with a lot of modifications and in windows 7 64-bit
you will surely have success with vipers 5.2.1 rom since it has a jb kernel

by the way you can flash android 5.0 without S-OFF
just have the latest version of your recovery(i suggest 4ext)

Reactions: nek46

Mihu44

Aug 12, 2014
i did it while on vipers 5.2.1 rom with a lot of modifications and in windows 7 64-bit
you will surely have success with vipers 5.2.1 rom since it has a jb kernel
Unfortunately, this is the same error: FATAL: Download updated package at rumrunner.us
Of course, I turned off anti-virus and did everything as in the manual.

Edit:
I was able to upload Android 5 by KGS Utility, so i don't need S-OFF
Anyway thanks for the reply ;)

Last edited:

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
Unfortunately, this is the same error: FATAL: Download updated package at rumrunner.us

I have the latest 4EXT - with him I was able to upload the Vipers .
I know that for uploading custom roms SmartFlash have to use, but I'm scared that my phone will bricked again (this happened with my previous Sensation, I did probably format boot) . Did someone already tried to upload this Android 5 by SmartFlash ?

Btw, is another way to S -OFF ? JuopunutBear eliminated because it requires stock ROM.

someone long time ago mentioned that it was an issue from rumrunner server

you can use the flashable stock rom for juopunutbear method too(link in my signature)
just make a nandroid of your current
flash the stock rom
do the jb S-OFF
revert to the nandroid

edit: if you want to flash a new custom rom using the 4ext recovery just use only the format all partitions except sdcard option
then flash the new rom
it is the standard way of flashing custom roms

Last edited:
Reactions: Mihu44 and nek46

Mihu44

Aug 12, 2014

you can use the flashable stock rom for juopunutbear method too(link in my signature)
flash the stock rom
do the jb S-OFF
revert to the nandroid

edit: if you want to flash a new custom rom using the 4ext recovery just use only the format all partitions except sdcard option
then flash the new rom

I was able to upload the boot.img via fastboot (after installing the ROM) so for now I will not make the S-OFF .
But thanks for your help

BliZzArD_420

Jan 6, 2014
Sarajevo
Not working for me

I flashed normally the viperSC2 5.1.0 via TWRP (fresh install), ran the rumrunner tool like 10 times and at the end it just says pray and try again or something like that lol
it gets to 8-10 pouring which is a long time .. device reboots 6+ times to achieve nothing at the end :( anyone know what else i should try?
I meet all the prerequisites , i am unlocked and rooted , hboot 1.29 , firmware 3.33 , S-ON forever it seems heh .

I could try Juopunutbear method but going back to RUU then unlock , root and stuff again i have no motivation for that lol, if there is a easier way for my phone let me know please.

Thanks

Harakhti

Aug 27, 2012
Budapest
I flashed normally the viperSC2 5.1.0 via TWRP (fresh install), ran the rumrunner tool like 10 times and at the end it just says pray and try again or something like that lol
it gets to 8-10 pouring which is a long time .. device reboots 6+ times to achieve nothing at the end :( anyone know what else i should try?
I meet all the prerequisites , i am unlocked and rooted , hboot 1.29 , firmware 3.33 , S-ON forever it seems heh .

I could try Juopunutbear method but going back to RUU then unlock , root and stuff again i have no motivation for that lol, if there is a easier way for my phone let me know please.

Thanks

HTCDev unlocked here, used Rumrunner yesterday on ViperS C2 5.3.0 which was installed from 4EXT Recovery that I used a PG58IMG.zip installation method for. Stock su binary, no messes.

Harakhti

Aug 27, 2012
Budapest
So it worked for you? What am i doing wrong then lol

and btw what hboot and firmware?

Latest official European one, so assuming F/W 3.33.401.153 with HBOOT 1.29.0000.

No idea what you might be doing wrong, I'd assume you already permitted ADB to have permanent superuser access, have the proper drivers, etc...
I did the procedure on a Windows 7 machine.

Last edited:

BliZzArD_420

Jan 6, 2014
Sarajevo
Yes superuser : App And Adb , if you mean that. Adb drivers are all working , in fastboot too , flashed lots of stuff with it , well today i have to go back to RUU anyway cause of WIFI problems, will unlock again and try it one more time.

Latest official European one, so assuming F/W 3.33.401.153 with HBOOT 1.29.0000.

No idea what you might be doing wrong, I'd assume you already permitted ADB to have permanent superuser access, have the proper drivers, etc...
I did the procedure on a Windows 7 machine.

Sertleris

Nov 5, 2013
Valletta
Took a long but finally

I did try really different ways.

Started to try with cm12.1 then flashed stock rom and after ViperS 5.2.1 finally got S-off. Even temproot did not help for me. But actually who cares so I have s-off and I can forget. Really funny texts in rumrunner great job.

alioali

Jan 10, 2016
Esfahan
i have sensation z710 e ... I try this way but still s-on :|
iI downloaded and exteract and i have 5 files ... 1-boot 2-su 3-superuser 4-soju 5 busybox
just soju was exe ... i tried it and type Yes after about 5 min and reset my phone -------> NOTHING
s-on yet

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
i have sensation z710 e ... I try this way but still s-on :|
iI downloaded and exteract and i have 5 files ... 1-boot 2-su 3-superuser 4-soju 5 busybox
just soju was exe ... i tried it and type Yes after about 5 min and reset my phone -------> NOTHING
s-on yet

install vipers 5.3.0 rom and try again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclamer:
    I did not develop the Rumrunner s-off, and this is not an official Rumrunner thread.
    This thread is here to spread the information to s-off easily.

Note: If HTCDEV UNLOCK is failing because of new motherboards after replacement, the only way to s-off is here . No!!!!
    It is said to work EVEN WITH TEMPROOT!!! Go to this thread, temp root your device, and do the following instructions!!
    Please test it and report to confirm if it really works, thanks!!

SCARED or TIRED of the wire trick to s-off using Juopunutbear S-OFF??
    Don't make yourself so nervous and lose patience!! The Rumrunner s-off is working on the sensation.

Instructions:
    1. Go download the universal HTC device version here. http://rumrunner.us/downloads-2/
    2. Follow the instructions here. http://rumrunner.us/instructions/
    3. Profit!!!
    ※※ I tried this on ARHD with stock kernel and it's not working, but it's working flawlessly with ViperS 5.1.0. Maybe it is something to do with kernel (I don't really know).
    Quick link to ViperS thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2531054
    Maybe it will work on other roms, try and tell me the results. :)

Although it was not said in rumrunner website, I recommend to do a full backup and do the procedures after a clean flash to avoid problems.
    Feel free to post questions here. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Happy S-OFFing!!! :good::good::good:
    Thank you for this awesome tool! i had been looking for about a million years now on how to s-offwithout the pain of wiretrick..coz my hboot is 1.29. and somebody here, a subscriber of the ViperS5.1.0 rom thread gave me this tip..and so i tried and volla! i am now S-OFF..painlessly easy.:D but i had to watch a rumrunner tut video on YouTube (doing it on an HTC One) coz i was confused why the tool can't detect my phone despite meeting all the fastboot requirements (my copy of @Hassoon2000's sensation 4G all in one kit can detect my phone) and realized that i don't need to be on fastboot mode.:D so now after sorting out the culprit, i succeeded. and now my device is s-off after a million years! :D:good:

Nice to hear that you have your sensation s-offed :)
    Smash the thanks button then XD
    S-OFF Succes On ViperS C2 5.1.0 Hboot 1.29

Although it was not said in rumrunner website, I recommend to do a full backup and do the procedures after a clean flash to avoid problems.
    Feel free to post questions here. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Happy S-OFFing!!! :good::good::good:

First Reply :cool: :p

Thank You, Thank You for the info so sweet and Thanks Rumrunner for the tools so wonderful :D

S-OFF = ;) hats-off for this thread and software :)

Success Images attached

I have the latest 4EXT - with him I was able to upload the Vipers .
    I know that for uploading custom roms SmartFlash have to use, but I'm scared that my phone will bricked again (this happened with my previous Sensation, I did probably format boot) . Did someone already tried to upload this Android 5 by SmartFlash ?

Btw, is another way to S -OFF ? JuopunutBear eliminated because it requires stock ROM.

flash the stock rom
    do the jb S-OFF
    revert to the nandroid

then flash the new rom
    Hi, there is no need of a jb kernel, i have s-off with stock ics rom and temproot file provided on the other s off thread :good:

btw, here are my two sensation s-off with this magic tool :

BqqyCVgIQAAg4CP.jpg:large