[Q] Not available til JUNE with Orange!!

Search This thread

mwilson1987

Apr 29, 2011
I just spoke to Orange upgrades, and after being fobbed off all week they were finally able to tell me that the Galaxy S2 won't be available with them til start of June, as they do extra testing on the devices that other companies don't!

I now have a bit of a dilemma as I would rather stay with Orange directly as they should be able to offer me a good contract to stay with them, but I could go to Phones 4 u or even switch to O2 and get the phone now!

Anyone else in this situation, or have any advice?!

LarcusMywood

Mar 26, 2011
Well that's ridiculous, by "extra testing" they probably mean "figure out how to slow the device to an absolute crawl with bloatware that no one wants"

steve228uk

Jun 29, 2010
Bristol
www.graphicsplant.com
I was told that too. I ended up cancelling my contract and taking a new one out with Phones4u whose phones are unlocked and free from bloatware.

Got a better deal than Orange could offer me too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

mwilson1987

Apr 29, 2011
I see, thanks. Is it better to go into the P4U store or order off the website, or are they the same deals?

maddog5k

Apr 22, 2011
Cardiff
I second this, it's exactly what I did. The phone is great but what amazes me more is the amount of time my battery lasts on my HTC Hero now it's been left alone in the shadows of my GS2. It's on its 4th day without charge!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

kratos123

Jan 6, 2009
hey vinokirk
Yh thats the contract Ive ordered, plus I get a free 8GB micro SD card aswell :)

Im not sure that this contract has 1GB of data, even though you can have unlimited internet from the booster.

According to T mobiles internet policy, unlimited internet is cap to 500mb.
http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/services/uk/fairuse/

Last edited:

Deanoaka

Dec 4, 2009
Coventry
Probably our normal "checks" as you say. Sorry, haven't been in work this week to check up on product updates. The last I saw it was scheduled for 2nd week in May!

vinokirk

Mar 30, 2008
England
Tmobile gives me the second best signal at home and work, the first best being 3. The only thing is, if you buy tmobile via a 3rd party then your data speeds are throttled at 350kbps and you have to pay an extra £5/month to get their full 1.8mbps(i believe 1.8mb is their max). So im waiting till tmobile stock the SGS2 to see what deal theyll give me... a load of crap i bet. Tmobile are crap when it comes to giving the customer a good deal! Good network but bad deals

Shaady

Oct 1, 2008
I wish they spent all that extra time trying to improve their reception.

Phones4u is your best bet mate, though last I heard they were out of stock for online orders.

vimto25

Jan 1, 2009
Burton-On-Trent,UK
Tmobile gives me the second best signal at home and work, the first best being 3. The only thing is, if you buy tmobile via a 3rd party then your data speeds are throttled at 350kbps and you have to pay an extra £5/month to get their full 1.8mbps(i believe 1.8mb is their max). So im waiting till tmobile stock the SGS2 to see what deal theyll give me... a load of crap i bet. Tmobile are crap when it comes to giving the customer a good deal! Good network but bad deals

my t-mobile contract is through e2save and i can tell u now it isnt throttled.

Jan 7, 2011
T-mobile and Orange can share networks, so if your t-mobile, you can use the orange network to get better signal and it works the other way too, im orange and with this im very very rarely without signal

r2001uk

Oct 1, 2008
Leeds
The signal sharing is only on 2g. Data connections are still separate.

I would have moved to Orange if data was shared too, it would have been perfect.

Edit: I know the discussion was mainly on call reception, but I thought it worth mentioning that it's not a fully-shared deal. Hopefully that will change.

Sent from my Galaxy S II using XDA App

Last edited:

dh2311

Oct 5, 2010
Madegascar
OnePlus 8
Well that's ridiculous, by "extra testing" they probably mean "figure out how to slow the device to an absolute crawl with bloatware that no one wants"

I second that view. That and their s**t signal in my area is what puts me off orange completely. They are the only network that madly brands the phones in the UK. Why don't they leave it alone, or at least leave the box the nornal goddam colour and not have their own special box!!!!!!!!!!!

Jazazze

Jul 29, 2010
That T-Mo deal is bloody good! I went in store and got the phone a day early.

Orange
£35/mth
1200mins
Unlimited texts
500mb internet
24mth contract

Free phone :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Pretty much what they tried to push me into getting today. In fact, even after picking up their sheet of paper with all the contracts on and actually pointing out the ones that I was after they kept trying to push for the above with comments like "Yeah, but we're saving you money this way and you can downgrade next year..."

Just not interested in the hassle of juggling my number though.

steve228uk

Jun 29, 2010
Bristol
www.graphicsplant.com
Pretty much what they tried to push me into getting today. In fact, even after picking up their sheet of paper with all the contracts on and actually pointing out the ones that I was after they kept trying to push for the above with comments like "Yeah, but we're saving you money this way and you can downgrade next year..."

Just not interested in the hassle of juggling my number though.

I managed to keep the same number but only thanks to an awesome guy at Orange who just cancelled my contract that released the number and then moved it over to my new SIM. The number port took 2 minutes :D