[Q] GB 2.3.3. Horizontal lines on boot after patching bootloader. Recovery mode lost

Search This thread

tupo05

Jan 3, 2009
Fes
Hi,

I flashed GB 2.3.3 (CF-ROOT 3.3) when it first came up and everything worked fine. Today I decided to check my bootloader. I installed the patch and applied it because the application said: SIGNED. When I rebooted the tab, here is what happened:
A lot of horizontal lines (green, blue, white....etc) -----> then samsung logo appeared -----> then horizontal lines again ---> then the tab main screen appeared.

The tab works fine and now the patch said "YOU ARE SAFE".

I noticed that I lost the recovery mode. ie. When I go to CWM manager ---> Recovery ---> Reboot into ClockWorkMod recovery, the tab gets stuck on samsung logo with these horizontal lines. (Same thing with Power on + Volume up )

What Should I do please ? Flash again 2.3.3 ?
Thanks in advanced.

Reactions: de15april

tupo05

Jan 3, 2009
Fes
Problem resolved. Reflashed 2.3.3 again.
Sorry to bother.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App

DarkPal

Mar 10, 2011
Victoria
DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT DO THAT AGAIN. Flashing bootloader is practically the only way to BRICK the tab beyond repair except by sending to samsung. What you did btw was downgrade the bootloaders of your tab which is an extremely risky business.

THE GB bootloaders are signed yes but are not secured and they are needed for GB to boot making that patch pointless since kernels and mods can be installed whether bootloaders are signed or not.

GANJDROID

May 2, 2010
Norwich
Try not to flash bootloader. But some kernels will distort the boot screen. CM7 an to MoDaCo kernels for example for this, but it's nothing to worry about.

| Don't Revive Me Bro! |

tupo05

Jan 3, 2009
Fes
DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT DO THAT AGAIN. Flashing bootloader is practically the only way to BRICK the tab beyond repair except by sending to samsung. What you did btw was downgrade the bootloaders of your tab which is an extremely risky business.

THE GB bootloaders are signed yes but are not secured and they are needed for GB to boot making that patch pointless since kernels and mods can be installed whether bootloaders are signed or not.

Darkpal,
It's working fine now. I got confused with Overcome 2 installation guide where it says to check bootloader and apply the patch.
Am I safe now?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App

GoloTab

May 29, 2011
Hi tupo05

i did the same thing.
How did you re-flash?
My Pc (ODIN) doesn`t find the Tab so how should i be able to reflash?

Thanks

Last edited:

tupo05

Jan 3, 2009
Fes
Hi tupo05

i did the same thing.
How did you re-flash?

Thanks

Hi,
In my case, i was able to go to download mode and therefore the tab was recognized in Odin. So I just re-flashed 2.3.3 again following Chainfire thread in the Dev section.

SGT Running Overcome 2.0.0 RC1

Reactions: GoloTab

GoloTab

May 29, 2011
Hi

Thank you so much. My Tab is running again :-D.
Which Overcome How-To do you use?

Thanks again

cmcollins001

Dec 10, 2010
Arkansas
Hi tupo05

i did the same thing.
How did you re-flash?

Thanks

I noticed that sometimes I had to go in the PC device manager and delete the drivers for the tab and let Win 7 find and load them again, and as soon as that's done ODIN finds the tab and I was able to reflash. I "soft bricked" my tab about 6 times trying different ROM's and Kernals, and even an app or two. I found this practice of deleting and reloading the drivers the only way to save the tab.

ekki_tc

Jun 8, 2007
same prob with p1000n

have the same problem with my sgt p100n crashed colors i tried many roms with the same problem , nd i didn't patch my bootloaders any ideas?

de15april

May 8, 2012
Golotab,

I'm happy you're up and running again. For Overcome, just follow these instructions http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1074759
it's very easy. Just don't patch the bootloader because you are already on 2.3.3
Good luck

Hi, I am facing the same situation. I just hope someone can clarify for me.
Instead of refresh 2.3.3 back, can I just follow the line (quoted) for OVERCOME??

After Overcome, can I flash MIUI ROM???

Thanks in advance. :confused:

tupo05

Jan 3, 2009
Fes
Hi, I am facing the same situation. I just hope someone can clarify for me.
Instead of refresh 2.3.3 back, can I just follow the line (quoted) for OVERCOME??

After Overcome, can I flash MIUI ROM???

Thanks in advance. :confused:

Yes you can. Restock then flash overcome.
If you are already on overcome, you can flash Miui on the top (because you are already on ext4 system)

I hope that helps

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I flashed GB 2.3.3 (CF-ROOT 3.3) when it first came up and everything worked fine. Today I decided to check my bootloader. I installed the patch and applied it because the application said: SIGNED. When I rebooted the tab, here is what happened:
    A lot of horizontal lines (green, blue, white....etc) -----> then samsung logo appeared -----> then horizontal lines again ---> then the tab main screen appeared.

The tab works fine and now the patch said "YOU ARE SAFE".

I noticed that I lost the recovery mode. ie. When I go to CWM manager ---> Recovery ---> Reboot into ClockWorkMod recovery, the tab gets stuck on samsung logo with these horizontal lines. (Same thing with Power on + Volume up )

What Should I do please ? Flash again 2.3.3 ?
    Thanks in advanced.
    Hi tupo05

i did the same thing.
    How did you re-flash?

Thanks

Hi,
    In my case, i was able to go to download mode and therefore the tab was recognized in Odin. So I just re-flashed 2.3.3 again following Chainfire thread in the Dev section.

SGT Running Overcome 2.0.0 RC1