[APK] Google Play Store v3.5.16 + MOD

Search This thread

chowlala

Jul 24, 2009
Try this:

1) Be sure, your phone is rooted properly
2) Download Root Explorer if you don't have it installed
3)Go to /system/app/ and delete the Vending.apk (Phonesky.apk for ICS 4.x.x) (leave the Vending.odex untouched!). Make sure you have an backup your old Vending.apk (Phonesky.apk for ICS 4.x.x) to your SDCard as well.
4) Install the downloaded Vending.apk (rename it to Phonesky.apk if you have ICS 4.x.x)
5) Reboot your phone
6) Start Play Store and grant the access. You'll be asked to do so
7) Enjoy!

There is no more vending.apk in my /system/app/ after I deleted it the first round.

Edit: there is a com.android.vending-2.apk in my /data/app/ though. Not too sure why it's there, but I reinstalled the original .16 backup I had.

Last edited:

acme anvil

Jul 15, 2011
Langley, BC
OnePlus 8T
Try this:

1) Be sure, your phone is rooted properly
2) Download Root Explorer if you don't have it installed
3)Go to /system/app/ and delete the Vending.apk (Phonesky.apk for ICS 4.x.x) (leave the Vending.odex untouched!). Make sure you have an backup your old Vending.apk (Phonesky.apk for ICS 4.x.x) to your SDCard as well.
4) Install the downloaded Vending.apk (rename it to Phonesky.apk if you have ICS 4.x.x)
5) Reboot your phone
6) Start Play Store and grant the access. You'll be asked to do so
7) Enjoy!

I tried a slightly different approach that worked for me. I moved the Vending.apk to a temp folder using Root Explorer. Tried to install new apk file and it failed. Rebooted device and tried the reinstall. Worked perfect. :)

EDIT: Worked until I tried to update an app. FC on me so ended up going back to previous version via rom backup :-\

Last edited:

lonlawrence

Jun 15, 2010
Carlsbad, NM
I can't get rid of the vending.apk that's in my system/app folder (rooted G-note) so I can install the new mod version. I want the mod version because my international G-note won't recognize some apps, like omnisketch, that the ATT G-note can get. When I try to install the new mod app, it says "application not installed." So I tried getting rid of the old vending.apk but unable. I tried moving it to another folder... won't move, tried deleting it, won't delete, tried renaming it, won't rename. It's really locked in that folder. Can't find it in Titanium to freeze it or delete it. Can't find it when I connect via USB to computer to try dragging it to trash. Anybody got any suggestions?

xfiles.

Oct 21, 2011
spain
www.memoriandroid.com
I installed the mod version and i get this screen (This item is not available in your country).
4dd13d6d-3dfa-e956.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 powered by foil

Last edited:

lonlawrence

Jun 15, 2010
Carlsbad, NM
glad I wasn't able to install it... it's in the wrong language. I did find Omnisketch on a Taiwan site and it installs and runs fine on my G-note, but won't find it in the playstore on the phone, but does on the computer and says it's incompatible with all my devices. But at least I have it now.

androidmule

Apr 23, 2011
I'm on CM9 ICS for Samsung Epic 4g, the keyboard one.

followed instructions, installed market, but it doesnt seem to be modded.
any fix? thanks in advance

randolf54

Aug 21, 2011
reinstalled a fresh CM9 (latest nightly).. wasn't able to install it properly, saying cannot be installed because of different signature and stuff.. so i uninstalled my market and installed this..

and i cant update because it FCs and when i try to download it just says error occured i cant even go to the app download page..

Parsoa91

Mar 30, 2012
Modded Google Play

Will the Modded version remove the country restriction?
in fact i live in Iran and there is no android market here so have to sideload every app which is not realy comfortable.

shaq1907

Jun 19, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K30 Pro)
Will the Modded version remove the country restriction?
in fact i live in Iran and there is no android market here so have to sideload every app which is not realy comfortable.

Mod version features:
- Unlimited access to apps in Google Play Store
- Removed countries restriction in Google Play Store
- Fixed the issue which your device is not compatible with this item in Google Play Store

Why don't you use MarketEnabler? It helps you to see and install most of apps.

Fustigador

Jul 7, 2011
Póvoa de Varzim
Hello, i have 3.15 moded for 192dpi, e if i install this moded one Will i have error messages like "your phone is not compatible "?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Jomppala

Apr 1, 2012
Helsinki
doesn't work

I installed this and now I can't even start the Google Play, cause it opens it but it doesn't do anythin and after a while the app shuts down. Any ideas?

confusedmuse

Dec 31, 2011
Speyer
Dont works for me on CM9 0404... (modded version)
It started but after trying to download an app it crashed.
Since then it just crashes right after start.
Wiping dalvik cache & fixing permissions didnt help...

Last edited:

ikkuh007

Feb 3, 2011
I don't know what I do wrong. I don't have vending in system/apps/ and when I put vending.apk there nothing happends.
Who can help me?:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EOI4K.png

cCQcr.png
    j4dSD.png
    Fgify.png
    ehmlA.png

Google Play Store (Android Market) v3.5.16
    Requirements: Android v2.2+
    Overview: Play Anywhere, All your entertainment in one place, Google Play is your one-stop shop for all your favorite entertainment.

ChangeLog:

- Play Store has becomes lot more faster than 3.5.15,
    - Frequent force close errors for the users of Froyo 2.2 has been addressed,
    - Works faster even on Slower data speeds,
    - Slight UI changes in “My Apps” section
    ----You now have the Installed and All tabs you can swipe between. The former one is what we used to have before - it lists all apps installed on your device. The latter lists all apps you've ever installed in case you want to download them again or travel down the memory lane. This is quite handy, and I've seen this list before in the Play Store on the web, so it's great to get it here in the mobile app.
    ----The All tab contains a handy dropdown with all your accounts (if you added more than one) and lets you switch between them very easily (as opposed to clicking Menu, etc).
    ----A few of the stock apps that apparently never got linked to the Play Store before got identified and picked up this time, and updates.

DISCLAIMER​
    :

Proceed with caution and at your own risk. I am no way to be held responsible for any loss of data or any damage to your phone as a result of you using this mod.

Using this Mod:
    - You cannot download/buy apps that are not available in your country. You can only view them in Google Play Store.
    - You cannot download Paid apps for free.

NB: Google has control on the server side, therefore it is NOT possible to make a version that allows you to buy/download apps that are not available in your country.

Mod version features:
    - Unlimited access to apps in Google Play Store
    - Removed countries restriction in Google Play Store
    - Fixed the issue which your device is not compatible with this item in Google Play Store

You can only replace the current market apk for the original non-modded version.
    You will require ROOT if you want to install the Modded version!

Installation Guide

For non-modded version:

1) Download the apk from the links
    2) Put the apk on the phone ,don't use adb install *.apk in won't work it will say it already exists
    3) Open the apk from the phone using a File explorer (e.g. ES File Explorer/Root explorer)
    4) it will ask you if you want to replace the current market,press yes.
    5) Wait for install and voila you have the new market :)

NOTE:this method replaces the old market.

For Modded version:

1) ROOT is REQUIRED! If you haven't rooted you phone then shoot yourself already!
    2) You will need to Download 'Root Explorer' and mount as 'R/W' or any file browser that can access /root folder if you don't already have it installed.
    3) Go to '/system/app/' and backup the 'Vending.apk' (Gingerbread) or 'Phonesky.apk' (ICS) to your SD Card (leave the Vending.odex untouched!).
    4) Check if you have either 'Vending.apk' or 'Phonesky.apk' and delete it.
    5) Now, Move the modded apk that you have downloaded to '/system/app/' and rename it the same as your backup version.
    6) Change the Permission to 'rw-r--r--'
    7) NOW, Reboot your phone!
    8) Finito!

Troubleshoot:
    If you have download problem after Installing new market do this

" Connect your phone to your computer,
    set in usb mass storage mode. Look for
    a hidden folder called ".android_ secure"
    and then delete the file
    "smdl2tmp1 .asec". Unmount and you
    should be good to go."

(Credit: androidadvices.com @Changelog

Mirrors:

Google Play Store v3.5.16
    http://www.mediafire.com/?t7bvus8qwee826a

Google Play Store v3.5.16 MOD
    http://www.mediafire.com/?n3bjcxpnbn6ssxm
    Modded version to allow all apps and country and device restriction removed

http://rapidgator.net/file/2202601/Vending.apk.html
    Modded version to allow all apps and country and device restriction removed

Thanks, works for me on CM9. I unistalled the old market with titanium backup after a nandroid backup and placed vending.apk it in /system/apps, reboot and finished :)
    - Slight UI changes in “My Apps” section
    ----You now have the Installed and All tabs you can swipe between. The former one is what we used to have before - it lists all apps installed on your device. The latter lists all apps you've ever installed in case you want to download them again or travel down the memory lane. This is quite handy, and I've seen this list before in the Play Store on the web, so it's great to get it here in the mobile app.
    ----The All tab contains a handy dropdown with all your accounts (if you added more than one) and lets you switch between them very easily (as opposed to clicking Menu, etc).

It's already on v3.5.15
    @protetul: don't try to install it, download the version that xinfinityoO posted and place it in /system/app, change the permissions and reboot, it should work. I use the latest nightly of CM9 and it works great.