[AOSP][ROM][4.2.1] JellyBean 4.2 (20121209)

Search This thread

pawitp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is a build of Android JellyBean 4.2 from AOSP source code based on the CyanogenMod device tree for Samsung Galaxy S I9000. I have made this build to gauge how difficult it would be to port JellyBean 4.2 to current devices. In its current state, I consider this stable enough for daily use.

Kernel Source Code: https://github.com/pawitp/android_kernel_samsung_aries/tree/jellybean-next
Other source code: See CM GitHub/Gerrit

What Works?
Almost everything you can think of, RIL, Data, Wifi, Camera, Audio, GPS, TV-Out, mounting external SD card on PC, etc. See the known issue list below for list of things that do not work.

Downloads
ROM: http://goo.im/devs/pawitp/captivatemtd_aosp42
Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps

Installation
Note: this ROM uses the same partition layout as CM10 stable.

1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  2. Install the ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery
  3. Optionally install the Google Addon (install it everytime you install the ROM as there is no backup system right now)

Known Issues
  • None

Features that are a part of CyanogenMod not AOSP
and thus won't be available in this ROM
  • T9 Dialer
  • Reboot Menu
  • Theme Engine
If you want these, use CyanogenMod when it's out!

Change Log
20121209/b]
  • Fixed: Broken SIM PIN Layout
  • Fixed: Bluetooth input devices not working
  • Fixed: No deepsleep with bluetooth on
  • Fixed: no direction arrow in Google Maps
  • Hopefully fixed: Wifi not working for some users (again)
  • Enable KSM
  • Fixed: Wifi not working for some users
  • Reverted Wi-Fi changes in 20121126
  • Fixed: Sim Toolkit (STK) does not work
  • Fixed: Live Wallpaper does not work
  • Fixed: Bluetooth not working
  • Initial release (includes all fixes made on I9000 up till 20121125)

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Note that this is a preview release and non-device specific bugs will not be accepted. The development of this preview will also cease once enough progress has been made in CyanogenMod. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Credits
CyanogenMod and all previous contributors and maintainers of the device.

Last edited:

Lollipop_Lawlipop

Jul 10, 2009
No issues on a straight upgrade from CM10 -> jellybean next. I manually fixed the issue with the v1.

Wifi works fine, and although there's no DSPManager in AOSP, I downloaded Voodoo Control App and changed my Voodoo Sound settings there. That worked fine too.

Anything specific you want us to test, pawitp?

pawitp

Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
No issues on a straight upgrade from CM10 -> jellybean next. I manually fixed the issue with the v1.

Wifi works fine, and although there's no DSPManager in AOSP, I downloaded Voodoo Control App and changed my Voodoo Sound settings there. That worked fine too.

Not really.

pawitp

Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok

Not really.

Squeaner

Jan 20, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7 (2013)
Anyone having trouble with the Play Store? I'm unable to download any apps. I'm getting an error message. I'll post details if a Factory Reset doesn't fix the issue.

Update: Everything works perfectly after another factory reset and a format of /system.

Last edited:

daskanda

Nov 17, 2011
Been using for a few hours now haven't noticed any problems wifi is working, data works fine, play store is fine everything is nice and smooth

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ChuckDaEngineer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is a build of Android JellyBean 4.2 from AOSP source code based on the CyanogenMod device tree for Samsung Galaxy S I9000. I have made this build to gauge how difficult it would be to port JellyBean 4.2 to current devices. In its current state, I consider this stable enough for daily use.

Kernel Source Code: https://github.com/pawitp/android_kernel_samsung_aries/tree/jellybean-next
    Other source code: See CM GitHub/Gerrit

What Works?
    Almost everything you can think of, RIL, Data, Wifi, Camera, Audio, GPS, TV-Out, mounting external SD card on PC, etc. See the known issue list below for list of things that do not work.

Downloads
    ROM: http://goo.im/devs/pawitp/captivatemtd_aosp42
    Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps

Installation
    Note: this ROM uses the same partition layout as CM10 stable.

1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Optionally install the Google Addon (install it everytime you install the ROM as there is no backup system right now)

Known Issues
    • None

Features that are a part of CyanogenMod not AOSP
    and thus won't be available in this ROM
    • T9 Dialer
    • Reboot Menu
    • Theme Engine
    If you want these, use CyanogenMod when it's out!

Change Log
    20121209/b]
    • Fixed: Broken SIM PIN Layout
    • Fixed: Bluetooth input devices not working
    • Fixed: No deepsleep with bluetooth on
    • Fixed: no direction arrow in Google Maps
    • Hopefully fixed: Wifi not working for some users (again)
    • Enable KSM
    • Fixed: Wifi not working for some users
    • Reverted Wi-Fi changes in 20121126
    • Fixed: Sim Toolkit (STK) does not work
    • Fixed: Live Wallpaper does not work
    • Fixed: Bluetooth not working
    • Initial release (includes all fixes made on I9000 up till 20121125)

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Note that this is a preview release and non-device specific bugs will not be accepted. The development of this preview will also cease once enough progress has been made in CyanogenMod. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Credits
    CyanogenMod and all previous contributors and maintainers of the device.
    The 20121209 build has been uploaded, and will hopefully be the last build if there is no more major problems.

As stated before, I will move on to developing and providing CM10.1 builds. If you want to use pure AOSP, the last build should be stable enough for long term use. There is no point of further maintaining this ROM as there is nothing to add (pure AOSP) and (hopefully) nothing to fix (not adding new features = not adding bugs).
    Uploaded a new build, which will hopefully fix wifi for everyone and be the final build for this project. (Let's move on to CM!)
    New build posted
    Theme Release

Pure
    Download

Animation addon(based on Twisted Rubik)
    Download

Inverted 4.2 Gapps
    Download