[TUT] Active Display {Moto X}

Search This thread

big noob

Oct 1, 2010
Classified
..Hi guys..Recently i made a thread of how can i get active display on our hTC One X device..I found something and I thought it's not what did i meen..But it was..So here is the little tutorial :)

Before we start here is the link to application..
Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greatbytes.activenotifications
If you use free version you will be very limited..So for this tutorial you should bought it as I did.. :)

1. Enable DynamicNotifications when you do that your phone will ask you for administrator permission

2ptuqo5.png

2. Now we have Manage blocked apps,here you can block apps from wich you don't wan't to recive notifications..I didn't touch that cause I wanna see every notification :)

3. Custom screen timeout - When you flip your device or you take it from the pocket and your screen turns on, here you can set after how many minutes or seconds your screen will turn off

29o3l1e.png

4. Let's check Switch off screen on dismiss - when you delete/dismiss your notifications screen will turn off

5. Advanced appearance options - here you can customize DynamicNotifications..from background color,text color everything you want

6. "Brething" notifications - if you check this new notifications will appear only once

7. Hide additional details - this option will just show you that you recive a message,but there won't be sender's name or message text

8. Use as lockscreen - If you wan't to have Active Display just like Moto X just check it ;)

9. Auto-wake - when you flip your phone from lying face down position screen will turn on,or just pulling it from pocket

10. Night mode - you can set time when you don't want DynamicNotifications show you info about notif's

11. Custom brightness - name tell's you everything..set you custom brightness

12. Edit swipe actions - you can put unlock device on right swipe or left,make it how do you wish :) or you wanna start some app's..it's on you :)

13. Widgets - If you want some more widgets just click there and download it

14. Block home button - if you press home button notification screen will go..

Okey guys I think you got it..For me it's working just like that and I like it very much :) Here are some more pics..Tutorial was made all by me,and pictures too..Thank you! :)

rw8o7s.png

2ahy4b6.png

Last edited:

drivenby

Mar 8, 2012
I love the active display feature of the moto x but it really does not fit our one X.

Unfortunately it's something designed for amoled screens and the low battery sensors of the moto x

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

big noob

Oct 1, 2010
Classified
This application is not from Moto X..This app is made for every Android device..Try it it's great..And it's working without problems..

athulele

Oct 11, 2011
USA
This application is not from Moto X..This app is made for every Android device..Try it it's great..And it's working without problems..

He's saying that the app is specifically designed for amoled screens. In case of amoled screens, the black pixels do not light up which saves the battery but a LCD panel is backlit. So on LCD screen like our hox's, this app is a major battery drainer.

Sent from my One X

big noob

Oct 1, 2010
Classified
I know what is he saying but until now i didn't see any faster battery drain..