[Q] HTC One Stuck in Bootloader! (HELP)

Search This thread

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
So when i enter the ./adb devices my phone does not show up i think maybe my computer doesn't recognize that my phone is connected to the computer?

You are stuck in bootloader so adb will not work. use fastboot commands to see if the devices is recognized. ADB commands only work from OS or recovery.

Code:
./fastboot devices

from the guide I linked:

Now you need to actually execute an adb or fastboot command. To do this, you'll need to type "./adb (or fastboot) <command>" For this tutorial, we will use "ADB devices" since it doesn't actually do anything to the phone. (we won't use fastboot since it requires rebooting to the boot loader which is different for every device)

You might want to post in the htc one mini forum instead.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

are you on windows 8.1?
did you install HTC Sync and then uninstall it leaving just the drivers ?

He said he's using a mac (post #10) ;)

Reactions: clsA

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
You are stuck in bootloader so adb will not work. use fastboot commands to see if the devices is recognized. ADB commands only work from OS or recovery.

Code:
./fastboot devices

from the guide I linked:

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

yeah so he started another thread here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2720332

aidanbern

Apr 14, 2014

Code:
./fastboot devices

from the guide I linked:

Ok thanks guys so far but I using a Mac. Now I have not been able to flash a recovery using fast boot and I have researched how to do ruus and you need a PC which I maybe could get one in a week but idk if that would work because my computer is not picking up the phone. When I did ./ fast boot devices I did get this HT382WA085503 fast boot

Jamkul

Jan 14, 2012
SLC, UT
my phone is pissing me off

ok so I am in a similar sitation. MY htc one will boot to the splash screen and hangs. not rooted i can access hboot and stock recovery but can not seem to figure out how to access my phone from the computer win 7. any helkp would be appreciated.:crying:

alray

May 22, 2012
When I did ./ fast boot devices I did get this HT382WA085503 fast boot
So your phone is correctly recognized by your mac.

You can either flash a custom recovery for you phone M4ul (htc one mini) + a custom rom
  1. Flash the recovery and clear cache:
    Code:
    ./fastboot flash recovery name_of_file.img
    ./fastboot erase cache
    ./fastboot reboot-bootloader
  2. push or sideload the rom using adb from twrp recovery
  3. then install the rom

or

wait to have a pc and use the ruu.exe to reset your phone back to stock.

1. relock bootloader:
    Code:
    fastboot oem lock
  2. run the ruu.exe

Btw you should ask your thread to be moved to the htc one mini forum (M4UL).

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

ok so I am in a similar sitation. MY htc one will boot to the splash screen and hangs. not rooted i can access hboot and stock recovery but can not seem to figure out how to access my phone from the computer win 7. any helkp would be appreciated.:crying:

please start a new thread including a fastboot getvar all (except IMEI / SN) and more information about what your phone was running before (rom, recovery etc) + what you did before the phone boot loops. Could be a little confusing for the OP if we help you in his thread ;)

Jamkul

Jan 14, 2012
SLC, UT

You can either flash a custom recovery for you phone M4ul (htc one mini) + a custom rom
    Code:
    ./fastboot erase cache
  3. then install the rom

or wait to have a pc and use the ruu.exe to reset your phone back to stock.

1. relock bootloader:
    Code:
    fastboot oem lock
  2. run the ruu.exe

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

please start a new thread including a fastboot getvar all (except IMEI / SN) and more information about what your phone was running before (rom, recovery etc) + what you did before the phone boot loops. Could be a little confusing for the OP if we help you in his thread ;)

good point will do now http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51966171

Last edited:

aidanbern

Apr 14, 2014

Code:
    ./fastboot erase cache
  3. then install the rom

or

wait to have a pc and use the ruu.exe to reset your phone back to stock.

1. relock bootloader:
    Code:
    fastboot oem lock
  2. run the ruu.exe

Ok thanks alray but I have a problem when I try to flash anything to my phone from fast boot it doesn't work. So for flashing recovery this shows up sending recovery' (8590 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.330s]
Writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: image update error)
Finished. Total time: 1.573s
So that's what I get and I have done it multiple times but it never flashes it on there and it says basically the se thing when erasing cache (remote erasing error!) so idk what that means do you I haven't found anything on it on the forums?thanks

alray

May 22, 2012
Ok thanks alray but I have a problem when I try to flash anything to my phone from fast boot it doesn't work. So for flashing recovery this shows up sending recovery' (8590 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.330s]
Writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: image update error)
Finished. Total time: 1.573s
So that's what I get and I have done it multiple times but it never flashes it on there and it says basically the se thing when erasing cache (remote erasing error!) so idk what that means do you I haven't found anything on it on the forums?thanks

Please, request your thread to be moved to the correct forum (HTC One mini M4UL). You are on the HTC One (M7) forum and you will have much accurate directives for your phone in the appropriate forum. You can ask your thread to be moved by editing your thread title (first post).

I.e: [Q] HTC One mini Stuck in Bootloader! (Please move to HTC one mini)

Sorry, i don't know much about the M4 variant and prefer not taking the risk of giving you bad directions that could make the situation worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: aidanbern

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Please, request your thread to be moved to the correct forum (HTC One mini M4UL). You are on the HTC One (M7) forum and you will have much accurate directives for your phone in the appropriate forum. You can ask your thread to be moved by editing your thread title (first post).

Sorry, i don't know much about the M4 variant and prefer not taking the risk of giving you bad directions that could make the situation worse.

My Wife has the mini and it's not that much different in terms of how flashing and rooting work. Just different recovery, and roms. the error he has sounds like the bootloader is still locked. @aidanbern can you post a picture of the bootloader ?

Reactions: aidanbern and alray

alray

May 22, 2012
My Wife has the mini and it's not that much different in terms of how flashing and rooting work. Just different recovery, and roms. the error he has sounds like the bootloader is still locked. @aidanbern can you post a picture of the bootloader ?

lol indeed I assumed he unlocked the bootloader but just realized I never told him to do before flashing the recovery...

oups.. :rolleyes:

thanks for the info about the M4 and M7 being similar

Reactions: aidanbern

aidanbern

Apr 14, 2014
lol indeed I assumed he unlocked the bootloader but just realized I never told him to do before flashing the recovery...

oups.. :rolleyes:

thanks for the info about the M4 and M7 being similar

Ohhh yes bootloader is unlocked I have s on though...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 80

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So my htc one is stuck in what i think you call the boot loader. I powered it off the other day and now it is stuck in the boot loader. Every button I click on the boot loader always brings me back to the boot loader. I have rooted my phone and it is unlocked with s on and running a custom rom. I don't know what to do because it won't load into the rom and all it does is keep going back to the boot loader any help would be greatly appreciated.

What rom?

Clear cache and dalvik cache from recovery and try to boot
    Ok sorry I will try to be more specific this time. So the screen I'm in is the htc hot boot menu with the three android dude on the bottom and unlocked at the top of the screen. My phone has been rooted for a month or so and it's been fine running cyanogen mod (don't know what version). So my problem is I can not go anywhere but this menu every option I click always brings me back I the same menu with boot loader reboot reboot boo loader and power down. I can't get Into recovery or power up in my rom. And when I plug it in to charge it sows a charging symbol for a minute then it goes away and back to the menu. Help would be greatly appreciated thanks

so have you tried to clear cache and reboot? Or flash the rom again?
    I can't get I the place to flash a new Rom idk how to clear cache though but I can't flash because I can't leave the menu

Code:
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot reboot

then try to boot the phone, if its not booting to the OS try to boot in recovery. If not you'll have to flash the recovery

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

I can't get I the place to flash a new Rom idk how to clear cache though but I can't flash because I can't leave the menu

also post the output of

Code:
    fastboot getvar all
    except IMEI and SERIALNO
    Should I do that? And I don't think it works either with the state of my phone? Idk man I think my phone might be done :;((

well if you can get to a windows PC relock the bootloader try and flash the RUU
    http://www.androidruu.com/getdownlo...14_10.20.40.4408L_release_333483_signed_2.exe