Solution to bootloop due to firmware without the offline charging

Search This thread

manuedit

Jan 28, 2011
Valparaiso
This is a translated text :c. I speak spanish.

I got an Xperia C5302 SP (Stock Rom, no root, no unlocked bootloader, no recovery), not fully started because its battery was low and its firmware does not have offline charging mode.

The solution I found after 3 days. The key is flashing with flashtool firmware with support for offline charging. In my case C5302_12.1.A.0.266_1272-3116_R2B.ftf. Now, do the flash without battery load is not possible because a disconnection of Flashmode mode occurs during the process. The solution is to enter Flashmode mode with the battery disconnected from the phone:

(I was able to enter Flashmode mode by holding the Volume + button and Power, then connecting to the PC via USB. A green light will appear, sometimes goes, this does not create problems unless FlashTool show an error of disconnection).

5RB1T1Vl.jpg

This way you can flash the firmware completely. After flashing, you must connect the Xperia SP to the wall charger. If all goes well the charge offline icon should appears for a few seconds and then disappear and show a red light.

charging_animation_04y4p9j.png

Leave the phone charging an hour. Then turn on and the system installation process is performed.

Eso es todo.

----

How did you disconnect the battery from the phone? I thought we couldn't get the battery out

• Remove the Cover Battery.
  • Remove the 10 screws.
  • Remove the back cover carefully (a connector remains attached to the cover).
    IwOXnQR.png
  • ...and remove battery connector.
    dQlIwA1.png

Last edited:
Reactions: YB-)

Nanostray

Oct 30, 2012
How did you disconnect the battery from the phone? I thought we couldn't get the battery out

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012

If you remove the cover you'll see a very small yellow button that can be pressed with a paperclip or pen... If you hold this button for a few seconds it acts the same as a battery pull ;)

manuedit

Jan 28, 2011
Valparaiso
If you remove the cover you'll see a very small yellow button that can be pressed with a paperclip or pen... If you hold this button for a few seconds it acts the same as a battery pull ;)

You need to remove the connection to the battery permanently during the installation of the firmware.
Perform installation in Flashmode holding the OFF button does not give me good results because the connection was interrupted in the process.

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
Well when I get stuck in a bootloop I simply press the yellow button on the back to turn it off. After that I use the volume down and the cable to connect my phone to my computer in flashmode. Works always.

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
Yes but simply let the phone charge for a few hours the same will be possible....

manuedit

Jan 28, 2011
Valparaiso
Yes but simply let the phone charge for a few hours the same will be possible....

I leave it for 48 hours connected to the wall charger. Result: The start happening until the animated screen, then restarts indefinitely until losing the little load on the battery. (The Flashmode only allowed to use the phone about 60 seconds. Insufficient to load a firmware completely)
During power up the phone do not charge the battery while still connected to the charger.
Obviously offline charging mode is not activated because the firmware of the phone does not have this mode.

Last edited:

Nanostray

Oct 30, 2012
I leave it for 48 hours connected to the wall charger. Result: The start happening until the animated screen, then restarts indefinitely until losing the little load on the battery. (The Flashmode only allowed to use the phone about 60 seconds. Insufficient to load a firmware completely)
During power up the phone do not charge the battery while still connected to the charger.
Obviously offline charging mode is not activated because the firmware of the phone does not have this mode.

You could try the service center :p or in case you have a recovery and you can acces it in this small amount of time, maybe you can charge your phone from recovery

mrhnet

Jan 2, 2012
  • Remove the 10 screws.
    Code:
    i.imgur.com/IwOXnQR.png
    Code:
    i.imgur.com/dQlIwA1.png

So, the purpose of physically removing the battery is to allow flashing a whole ftf [highlight] when battery is almost zero charge[/highlight], is it? If having enough charge for ROM flashing, no need to do this I suppose. Just asking for clarification.. ;). Thanks for the tip though.

Btw, you can enclose those pics in "img" BB code, [img][/img], so it's displayed. If pics are huge, cluttering the page, can enclose with "hide" code like this..
[hide][img][/img][/hide].

Last edited:

manuedit

Jan 28, 2011
Valparaiso
So, the purpose of physically removing the battery is to allow flashing a whole ftf [highlight] when battery is almost zero charge[/highlight], is it? If having enough charge for ROM flashing, no need to do this I suppose. Just asking for clarification.. ;). Thanks for the tip though.

Btw, you can enclose those pics in "img" BB code, [img][/img], so it's displayed. If pics are huge, cluttering the page, can enclose with "hide" code like this..

Yes. When battery is almost zero charge and no way to charge (Phone without offline charge mode).

When I create the topic did not have permission to post links or images.

Reactions: mrhnet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a translated text :c. I speak spanish.

I got an Xperia C5302 SP (Stock Rom, no root, no unlocked bootloader, no recovery), not fully started because its battery was low and its firmware does not have offline charging mode.

The solution I found after 3 days. The key is flashing with flashtool firmware with support for offline charging. In my case C5302_12.1.A.0.266_1272-3116_R2B.ftf. Now, do the flash without battery load is not possible because a disconnection of Flashmode mode occurs during the process. The solution is to enter Flashmode mode with the battery disconnected from the phone:

(I was able to enter Flashmode mode by holding the Volume + button and Power, then connecting to the PC via USB. A green light will appear, sometimes goes, this does not create problems unless FlashTool show an error of disconnection).

5RB1T1Vl.jpg

This way you can flash the firmware completely. After flashing, you must connect the Xperia SP to the wall charger. If all goes well the charge offline icon should appears for a few seconds and then disappear and show a red light.

charging_animation_04y4p9j.png

Leave the phone charging an hour. Then turn on and the system installation process is performed.

Eso es todo.

----

• Remove the 10 screws.
      IwOXnQR.png
      dQlIwA1.png

• Remove the 10 screws.
      Code:
      i.imgur.com/IwOXnQR.png
      Code:
      i.imgur.com/dQlIwA1.png

Yes. When battery is almost zero charge and no way to charge (Phone without offline charge mode).

When I create the topic did not have permission to post links or images.
    Man.! Thanks a lot. This is the only working method in Internet.