s4 i9505 problem with wifi signal

Search This thread

redsocks95

Aug 13, 2012
i have a problem with my i9505 updated to kitkat 4.4.2: wifi signal is very very low and i can connect only if i am near to my router ( max 4-5 metres) ... if I go little further ( or in other rooms where other phone works perfectly with wifi ), I lost the signal and the phone disconnects. Anybody could help me ? it could be something such as broken wifi antenna?

redsocks95

Aug 13, 2012
problem is that I have 2 bars of signal even though i am a few feet from the router...

Last edited:

NetaA

Aug 8, 2013
Firmware seems ok and you have wifi how I see. It isnt normal that ur phone haven't wifi and other phones yes. Wifi antenna can be broken or maybe is about config of the router.

I don't think it's a hardware issue if it's only since his update.. to much of a coincidence for my taste.

From what I now, these antennas are very very sensitive. Is your phone using any sort of custom software? (kernel, recovery, ROM etc..)

I did a bit of googling and this issue is somewhat known. Advice there was to factory reset your device.

redsocks95

Aug 13, 2012
I don't think it's a hardware issue if it's only since his update.. to much of a coincidence for my taste.

From what I now, these antennas are very very sensitive. Is your phone using any sort of custom software? (kernel, recovery, ROM etc..)

I did a bit of googling and this issue is somewhat known. Advice there was to factory reset your device.

no , firmware is 100% stock...i've already tried to wipe data/facotory reset and wipe cache and reflash stock firmware with odin

NetaA

Aug 8, 2013
no , firmware is 100% stock...i've already tried to wipe data/facotory reset and wipe cache and reflash stock firmware with odin

Maybe try flashing back to 4.3. If the issue resolves, just keep it until an update is published.
If it persists then it probably is a hardware issue, in that case you need to get it fixed.

All the best :)

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Maybe try flashing back to 4.3. If the issue resolves, just keep it until an update is published.
If it persists then it probably is a hardware issue, in that case you need to get it fixed.

All the best :)
It's not possible flash android 4.3 without void the warranty. And ODIN dont let you downgrade either. Unique solution if your phone don't have normal WIFI signal is get it to one service center.