Root S2

Search This thread

vasu1

May 21, 2012
sorry i am noob... and i want to root my s2 without installing any recovery... is there any cf autoroot for s2(I9100)??? i am on 4.1.2 stock

Last edited:
Reactions: dd_command

vasu1

May 21, 2012
Search. 3 yrs since phone was released, asked/answered here tens of thousands of times.

U fool ,, do you read question carefully?? i am asking how to root without installing cmw or philz recovery.. i just want to root stock rom without installing cmw.. i know how to root.. i am not able find any link for just rooting s2 without installing cmw

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
Don't be so bloody rude.....
There was a way to do this on 4.0.4....I used it myself....
There might be a way to do it on 4.1.2, but as @MistahBungle says.....SEARCH for it.....with your attitude, nobody's going to be in any hurry to help you.

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right :):D

vasu1

May 21, 2012
Don't be so bloody rude.....
There was a way to do this on 4.0.4....I used it myself....
There might be a way to do it on 4.1.2, but as @MistahBungle says.....SEARCH for it.....with your attitude, nobody's going to be in any hurry to help you.

i wasn't mean't to be rude... it just some seniors have their attitude problem always saying 'search".. i have already searched many times about it ..and i wasn't able to get a file for 4.1.2.. that's why i posted here.. the reason i am looking for only root file is that i want disable home button delay by deleting voice command... is there any other way for it disabling on 4.1.2..

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
Why don't you want CWM anyway? If you're going to start modifying your phone, you're going to want/need to make a nandroid backup first.....in case things go wrong.
You can only do that if you have CWM/TWRP installed.

vasu1

May 21, 2012
Why don't you want CWM anyway? If you're going to start modifying your phone, you're going to want/need to make a nandroid backup first.....in case things go wrong.
You can only do that if you have CWM/TWRP installed.

bcoz i want to be on stock rom only and i just need root access with it.. when i install cmw ... i always see a annoying yellow triangle on bootup.. even if i install triangle away.. yellow traingle will again come due to custom recovery..

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
Not true.......
To root my phone I installed philz kernel (the zip version via stock recovery) and I have NEVER had the yellow triangle.
But even if it did appear on my phone, it's annoyance factor is tiny when compared to not having a backup for a bootlooping phone.

dd_command

May 21, 2014
Nottingham
if you dont like yellow triangle i know how to get rid of this triangle

first thing you need to know this triangle its not just a triangle it is picture with phone logo triangle and black background
only triangle would be easer but it is not.
This image is located in bootloader mmcblk0p2. Yes there. People do not mess with bootloaders
Before kernel (mmcblk0p5) kick in bootloader check if this kernel is safe or not. If is not image with triangle come up.
What if we would be able to copy some of this black background and paste it where the triangle is.

I figured out so far this image is a first picture in bootloader and its start of address 662756 second picture start at 708058
so all code in between it is what we are looking for

691946 <--- some black space ---> 694360
693556 <--- here is that triangle---> 698180 exactly there. Thats the place to cover up

Now. This is dodge part.We need to extract some black space
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 of=black.tmp bs=1 skip=691946 count=2414

And then we need to put black space instead of triangle
dd if=black.tmp of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 bs=1 seek=693556 conv=notrunc
that is just just half cos black.tmp is too smal to cover whole triangle we need to do it second time
dd if=black.tmp of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 bs=1 seek=695970 conv=notrunc

and now triangle gone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sorry i am noob... and i want to root my s2 without installing any recovery... is there any cf autoroot for s2(I9100)??? i am on 4.1.2 stock