[DISCUSSION] Xperia S battery life

Search This thread

kaosdroid

Feb 2, 2011
caen
I don't understand what you are tying to flash.

Debranding? If yes, then you can do that with locked boot loader using the Flashtool without any issues.

System.img? If yes, then you need the boot loader to be unlocked.

Simple as that :D.

I don't think so man ;-)

My problem is

MY PHONE CANNOT BE UNLOCKED
(if I read and understand correct the nice guide by doomlord about this)

UNLOCK SATUS ALLOWED = NO

But what do you mean by unbranding?
Is it flash(generic FW /usa/GB ect)in flashtool?

If so,a generic Stock img is a system file ?

Anyway I'm on 67 and in PCC SEUS no updated available!!

like a said before sfr tell me "your phone is good we not plan to update it "

So before we have simlock
Now we have simlock/bootlock/and another that is vice:-D

Welcome in 2012

Last edited:

del1701

I don't think so man ;-)

My problem is

MY PHONE CANNOT BE UNLOCKED
(if I read and understand correct the nice guide by doomlord about this)

UNLOCK SATUS ALLOWED = NO

But what do you mean by unbranding?
Is it flash(generic FW /usa/GB ect)in flashtool?

If so,a generic Stock img is a system file ?

Anyway I'm on 67 and in PCC SEUS no updated available!!

like a said before sfr tell me "your phone is good we not plan to update it "

So before we have simlock
Now we have simlock/bootlock/and another that is vice:-D

Welcome in 2012

You can flash generic firmwares with a locked bootloader via flashtool to debrand your phone, however you can't flash custom roms or kernels until you unlock your bootloader.

Sent from my Xperia S via a quantum leap

kaosdroid

Feb 2, 2011
caen
You can flash generic firmwares with a locked bootloader via flashtool to debrand your phone, however you can't flash custom roms or kernels until you unlock your bootloader.

Thanks man,
i know that now,
gm007
and another guys
idicated me that too,
but flash another stock FW
Give me nothing special,
i don't want another FW mine is fine.

My problem is that my phone cannot be unlockable
And I want to know if someone with operator locked boot loader have flash generic FW and if after that his bootloader status as change

I mean
UnlockbootloaderAllowed=yes

But I don't think so:-(

I just want to root this dam phone!
Or if a black way is possible or if I can wait

Because at this time I have one week left to return my phone

Have a phone that I cannot root is simply impossible for me

Flash,tweak,ect..On my phone is my drug:-D

Without!
My day pass are very long and boring :-D

kaosdroid

Feb 2, 2011
caen
Im in Ireland so .73 for me yet :(

Is it correct to discharge the phone completly before going ahead with the initial charge?

Yes it's indicated in your book fonction with your phone,
it calibrate your battery for fast charging after
But like I said above you can charge the phone immediately after the first boot at 100%,use the phone til it auto power off
Then plug the charger and let it charge in off mode the max you can 12hours its good

The major problem people have with their battery is that we/they cannot wait to use the phone,they jump on it like a shark on a surf man and forget the battery callib

The phone have already min battery just for start,not for start a game or something

Start the phone,charge it 100%, use it at auto off(1%)
Charge it in off mode the maximum time possible
Start the phone,again use it at auto off
Repeat off mode

Now you have perfect battery!

del1701

Originally Posted by del1701<br />
You can flash generic firmwares with a locked bootloader via flashtool to debrand your phone, however you can't flash custom roms or kernels until you unlock your bootloader.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks man,<br />
i know that now,<br />
gm007 <br />
and another guys <br />
idicated me that too,<br />
but flash another stock FW <br />
Give me nothing special,<br />
i don't want another FW mine is fine.<br />
<br />
My problem is that my phone cannot be unlockable <br />
And I want to know if someone with operator locked boot loader have flash generic FW and if after that his bootloader status as change<br />
<br />
I mean<br />
UnlockbootloaderAllowed=yes<br />
<br />
But I don't think so:-(<br />
<br />
I just want to root this dam phone! <br />
Or if a black way is possible or if I can wait<br />
<br />
Because at this time I have one week left to return my phone<br />
<br />
Have a phone that I cannot root is simply impossible for me<br />
<br />
Flash,tweak,ect..On my phone is my drug:-D<br />
<br />
Without! <br />
My day pass are very long and boring :-D

If your phone is networked locked and in the service menu it says bootloader unlock allowed no, then at the moment you cannot unlock it, not even flashing a generic rom will unlock it, at the moment you have no way of rooting your phone I'm sorry to say but I would imagine that devs are working on it, so it's up to you if you want to keep it and wait to see if a rooting method comes or take it back for something else

kaosdroid

Feb 2, 2011
caen
Outch!!!

Thanks,man:-D

Now,
all that i suspect before about this seam to be clear now :-D
But doom say more clear "NO WAY" :-D

Phone with unlock allowed =no

Flash FW in flash tool= same result+problems :-S/sorry not possible re:-S

Try to pay for unlock code = same result and -20$€ on your crédit card :-D

Well,the right solution for us is

PRAY and cross our finger foot :-DD
Or made a return and take iphone4 S krkrkr!!

(joke2)
Maybe someone
with a phone unlock=yes
but with some trouble/malfonction on it
want to exchange with mine unlock=no
But run perfect with no issue ?

:-D

Thanks,man
I think I wait because like gm007 said
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE AT XDA

Last edited:

Dyflinn

Apr 20, 2012
Dublin
I do believe your phone as a cruel sense of humor along with that bad battery :p.

Certainly has. About four hours later, after sending a few (~6) texts and surfing (Wi-fi) for maybe 15 minutes, it popped the warning 0% and shut down. Cannot seem to get it charged at all at the moment. 0% to 100% in 5 minutes on Saturday morning and then back to 0% less than an hour later.

Try resetting the battery stats and see if it gets itself back in line.

You arent using any kind of weird charger are you? If you had a high power 12V cigarette socket charger that could cause issues.

Also, Hi from another Dublin XS user :)

Hello there fellow Dublin XS. I have to say I'm missing my HTC Desire. The XS is so impressive, when it's on, but the HTC was reliable.

The day I got it I was getting no charge via the Sony USB from my computer so I did use a Blackberry charger (which used work fine with my HTC Desire) and it seemed to work.

Since then, because the Sony charger doesn't seem to charge it (14 hours plugged in since last night with no use and still at 0%) I've tried Samsung and HTC chargers, with mixed success. At present nothing seems to be working and I cannot get any charge into the battery.

kaosdroid

Feb 2, 2011
caen
Certainly has. About four hours later, after sending a few (~6) texts and surfing (Wi-fi) for maybe 15 minutes, it popped the warning 0% and shut down. Cannot seem to get it charged at all at the moment. 0% to 100% in 5 minutes on Saturday morning and then back to 0% less than an hour later.

Hello there fellow Dublin XS. I have to say I'm missing my HTC Desire. The XS is so impressive, when it's on, but the HTC was reliable.

The day I got it I was getting no charge via the Sony USB from my computer so I did use a Blackberry charger (which used work fine with my HTC Desire) and it seemed to work.

Since then, because the Sony charger doesn't seem to charge it (14 hours plugged in since last night with no use and still at 0%) I've tried Samsung and HTC chargers, with mixed success. At present nothing seems to be working and I cannot get any charge into the battery.

I think you need to try with your car:-D
I mean,cut your usb cable then put contact on your car battery,wait all the night,and now your phone is charged

If not,try to find a plane then retry same way on the plane reactor,(the reactor of the plane must be ON and at full speed)

maybe your phone get charged ;-)

Static-Noise

Jun 21, 2011
Have you noticed any change in battery life using that code?

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

yudicihuy

Apr 13, 2011
i got 23 hours , all service active. 3G ,exchange email,facebook,twitter (30 mnt refresh),calling, whatsapp ( i really hardcore with this app)

try flash doom kernel. undervolt -100mV , use smartassV2 , min clock 384 max 1024. and stay away with im+ really drain ur battrey. use it if u really need it.

and i still get 20% anyway

sssache

Dec 11, 2009
If I go to settings and look at the battery usage in the morning I noticed the deep sleep was better and there was less drain during the night :)

The phone radio is using the battery so much durig night and day. I have made a test yesteday night with the smarthpone in airplane mode. In 10 hours the battery consumption was 0,1 per hour. With the airplane off (normal gsm) battery consumption is 0,7. I have made a comparison with HTC Desire HD and SGS2 (normal gsm) of my friends and the Desire HD is using 0,3 and the SGS2 0,2 per hour on the same condition. I hope with the ICS it will become better or maybe someone here will manage to decrease this high %.

Last edited:

feadurn

Apr 23, 2012
so far it only changed the values on the battery health test page (actual batt uAh) to 1750000.
the values on the battery test page still remains..
battery percentage did jump from 63% to 59% after the 3-vibrate though.

I have the same issue and wondering if it's mean the battery is a 1500000 or a 1750000 at the end

FenrirMX

Apr 5, 2012
Troy, MI
I flashed the central Europe FW yesterday as found it to use up my battery even faster than my old one (.67)
Only difference was that it was the cell standby instead of the screen that was the culprit.
So I switched to the Norway generic one, but I'm honestly nit setting much change.
Should I wait it out our just resign myself to recharging every day with moderate use?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

awf

May 9, 2008
5 days on .73 NL generic firmware and the battery is adjusted and amazing 1d and 7hrs and still 24% battery left :D:D:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just did some tests on browsing time 15% brightness vs. 50% brightness and got some interesting results.

I did test in Dolphin with "tab reload" add-on set on 1minute. The site I was reloading was technobuffalo which is really heavy to load. But before testing brightness I was curious what is difference in battery usage desktop vs. mobile website on 50% brightness. And the difference was really obvious.

Desktop site was so power consuming, that the phone got a bit hot. And in 30 minutes it ate 15% of battery. So, 3 hours of browsing and only 10% to spare.

But luckily mobile sites are a lot friendlier. In 30 minutes 12% on 50% brightness, so 4 hours of browsing and 4% to spare. But the most interesting part was when I changed the brightness to 15% and I got the exact same results. 30 minutes 12%...

And then I wanted to isolate web browsing so I tried the same tests in airplane mode in case of mobile network eating battery.
    Without network connection half an hour of browsing mobile sites ate 10% of battery with 50% brightness. So, exactly 5 hours of browsing to 0%. But what happens with 15% brightness? Nothing much, 30 minutes 9%. That means 5 hours and 10% to spare, or 5 hours and 30 minutes and 1% left.

Is it really worth to hurt your eyes on 15%???
    Do you know what? It irritates me reading you people moaning about battery life, it's a high definition phone with an awesome screen, if you want your battery to last a few days, go get a cheap phone that does nothing but txt and calls:mad:

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium
    As I said I did battery tests with the new Jelly Bean in web browsing and video playback and I must say that difference is really really obvious.

I did the same tests as before with ICS and compared them.

All my tests in browsing were done in dolphin browser with auto reload plugin put on 1 min reload. Website I tested was TechnoBuffalo because it is quite a heavy load. Brightness was at 50%.

To quicky freshen up, my previous results with ICS are found here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37103064 and I will include them for easier comparison.

In ICS browsing desktop pages was really battery consuming so the first test I did was this.
    Half an hour of reloading desktop version of TechnoBuffalo every minute did consume 15% in ICS. So in 3 hours 90% would be gone, not a very good result.

But in Jelly Bean the same test ate only 10% of battery. Pretty good improvment right? 1 hour 20% so 5 hours till the phone dies. Almost 2 hours of improvement which is really great.

screenshot2013-05-30-18-.png
    screenshot2013-05-30-18-.png

And next is mobile version. My previous result on ICS was 12% in 30 minutes so in 4 hours you would be left with 4%. Not that good but at least better than desktop sites.

Result in Jelly Bean was so surprising that I had to redo the test once more, because I couldn't believe my eyes. In 30 minutes only 7% of battery was gone so 1 hour 14% and if we calculate, we get 7 hours with 2% to spare. WOW, right? This is whole 3 hours more which is pretty huge improvment.

screenshot2013-05-30-19-.png
    screenshot2013-05-30-19-.png

And I got curious what would really heavy load do to battery usage. I did another test with the same mobile version but with 15 second reload which is pretty hard because it loads almost all the time. It loads the page and there it goes again.
    The results aro also pretty good. 10% in 30 minutes so basically the same as desktop site - 5 hours of browsing but I don't know who would load new page every few seconds in real life.

screenshot2013-05-31-01-.png
    screenshot2013-05-31-01-.png

Last test was video playback. I tried 720p video in mp4 and mkv to see if there is any difference. And I also tried if there is any difference between Sony's movie player and BS player. But in all tests I got the same result - 9% in half an hour. So 5 hours with 10% to spare. In ICS I got same 5 hours but with 0% to spare so some improvment is there but not that amazing as web browsing.

screenshot2013-05-30-22-.png
    screenshot2013-05-30-22-.png

So Jelly Bean is a massive improvment in terms of battery usage comparing to ICS and I am really happy with it.
    You guys should've bought the Xperia SP, S is sooo outdated and weak

You're absolutely right, I should've hopped on my time machine, gone to the future, and gotten that phone

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I m gone... stay with your beautyfull piece of ... and stay at least two years behind good technology... lol. Bye bye looser.
    |
    |

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Virgin detected.
    Fap less, read more.

Desde el celular.