[GSM Only] CM10 port for Photon Q

Search This thread

Skrilax_CZ

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 20, 2009
This is a CM10 (Jelly Bean, Android 4.1.2) firmware for Photon Q, and at this state only for those who made the SIM card mod and using it on GSM. It's not a official CyanogenMod, not supported by the CM team.
CDMA is being worked on by interloper and arrrghhh.

Credits: CM10 port for Photon Q is made by Skrilax_CZ and nadlabak. Futher credits go to epinter for RAZR HD port - with which this port shares a lot, also collaborated with Hashcode. And of course, CyanogenMod Team.

cm10s.png

Disclaimer

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Installation

The proprietary files come from ASA14 firmware, I recommend you to flash it first before you put CM10 on.

Unlocked bootloader required - you already have no warranty due to the SIM card mod :p

1) Download the build and gapps.
2) Boot into recovery
3) Backup your firmware + data !!!
4) Flash CM10 (install zip ...)
5) Flash gapps (install zip ...)
6) Wipe data / cache (factory reset)
7) Reboot & Enjoy

To update, just download newer CM10 zip file and install it from recovery.

Working

QWERTY keyboard (with multipress)
Call, SMS, Mobile Data (GSM Only)
Wifi (network scan may take a long time)
Wifi tethering
USB (mass storage mode GUI is not very good)
USB tethering
Camera (front, back)
Video Camera
HW acceleration
GPS / Glonass (long boot time)
Rotation / Sensors
Torch
NFC (untested)
Bluetooth

Not Working

CDMA / LTE
HDMI
Reading contacts from simcard

Other Issues

Shift + arrow keys not working in terminal properly
Sometimes back virtual button has wrong icon as if virtual keyboard was out
SIM PIN cannot be typed on QWERTY keyboard

Changelog

11/04/2013
- fixed A2DP

08/04/2013
- fixed sound in car dock

06/04/2013:
- kernel updated to 3.0.72

04/04/2013:
- GPS working (with long boottime)

01/03/2013:
- added keyboard multipress (default ON)

25/02/2013:
- fixed low speaker volume

22/02/2013:
- fixed crt-off animaion

Download

CM10 is no longer supported. Last build is from 27/04/2013!
Downolad: http://skrilax.droid-developers.org/xt897/cm-10-20130427-NIGHTLY-asanti_c.zip (MD5: 7debc60f189f32aab8f034ff1eb02c90)
Google apps: http://skrilax.droid-developers.org/xt897/gapps-jb-20130214-photonq.zip

Source

Github: https://github.com/SkrilaxCZ

Build steps:

Code:
mkdir cm
cd cm
repo init -u git://github.com/SkrilaxCZ/android.git -b jellybean
repo sync
vendor/cm/get-prebuilts
. build/envsetup.sh && brunch asanti_c

Notes

1) Any QPST / SPC related things should be done on stock firmware.
2) If you want to ged rid of the "unlocked BL logo", download: http://skrilax.droid-developers.org/xt897/stock_logo.zip, unpack it, reboot the phone to fastboot open command line in the folder and type "moto-fastboot flash logo stocklogo_swapped.bin" to get stock boot logo.
3) If there is a filesystem check it will take a while to get past the CM bootanimation

Last edited:

abbie7

Aug 16, 2012
Thank you, this is great! I will try this ROM. When do you think GPS and Bluetooth work?

topherrjames

Nov 13, 2011
Nexus 9
Google Pixel 5
Sadly no, for outgoing calls an error message pops up saying com.android.phone has stopped, but if you don't press ok the phone you were calling will keep ringing. Incoming calls won't even connect at all.

Sent from my XT897 using xda premium

wintrxtrem

Jan 3, 2006
omg i want this so bad. is this CM 10.1?

can we get an option to mount the external sd card as /sdcard?

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Sadly no, for outgoing calls an error message pops up saying com.android.phone has stopped, but if you don't press ok the phone you were calling will keep ringing. Incoming calls won't even connect at all.

Sent from my XT897 using xda premium

Yea, I'm trying to figure out why... I was really hoping it was a simple build.prop thing, but it seems to be deeper than that....

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! I've build this thing from source many times now and I was able to get 1xRTT data... but I never got phone calls to function properly. com.android.phone keeps imploding...

omg i want this so bad. is this CM 10.1?

can we get an option to mount the external sd card as /sdcard?

CM10. 10.1 has cam issues on similar moto hardware, so Skrilax_CZ went with CM10...

As for an option to mount the external SD card as /sdcard, I assume you could just "do this" - I don't see why the option needs to be provided? Also, what would you do with the "internal" SD? Odd request.

wintrxtrem

Jan 3, 2006
An external card option was added to CM for the original photon, so I was hoping the same could be done for the Q. See screenshot.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361657661947.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361657661947.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 183

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
An external card option was added to CM for the original photon, so I was hoping the same could be done for the Q. See screenshot.

If it's a part of CM, then I don't see why it wouldn't be available. Did you look and see it wasn't available...?

Does this option "combine" the external SD and internal SD? Interesting if so, wondering how it achieves this. The whole internal/external SD thing seems kind of half-baked to be honest.

wintrxtrem

Jan 3, 2006
By default a lot of apps use /sdsard so if you want to use your own external sdcard or bring it over from an old phone this option allows you to mount it as /sdcard instead of Moto's internal card.

I haven't flashed the ROM yet because I'm a CDMA guy, so I don't know if it's built in to CM.

Last edited:

Skrilax_CZ

Dec 20, 2009

It's not in the CM itself, this is part of the device specific settings. I haven't made it yet (for things like multipress, i.e in CZ press 'o' twice fast and it will write 'ó' etc.). Anyway, right, it's not difficult to do at all and I like that option too.

As for CM10.1, it's likely we'll be doing it together with RAZR HD / RAZR M guys, however, there are some things that need to be fixed in their sources to make it work on our phone (such as display driver; this will take some time). And also Camera isn't working on it, as it was rewritten in 4.2 - will also take time. So I picked CM10 first, to know the differences between this phone and the other QC phones from Moto and so we have something that works (when the GPS / CDMA gets fixed).

Last edited:

Skrilax_CZ

Dec 20, 2009
I've also pinpointed other issues while testing it. It appears suspend / resume is sometimes not working properly (extremely poor battery life may occur) - which sucks hard. Compared to stock ROM, audio speaker is too low too.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a CM10 (Jelly Bean, Android 4.1.2) firmware for Photon Q, and at this state only for those who made the SIM card mod and using it on GSM. It's not a official CyanogenMod, not supported by the CM team.
    CDMA is being worked on by interloper and arrrghhh.

Credits: CM10 port for Photon Q is made by Skrilax_CZ and nadlabak. Futher credits go to epinter for RAZR HD port - with which this port shares a lot, also collaborated with Hashcode. And of course, CyanogenMod Team.

cm10s.png

Disclaimer

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Installation

The proprietary files come from ASA14 firmware, I recommend you to flash it first before you put CM10 on.

Unlocked bootloader required - you already have no warranty due to the SIM card mod :p

1) Download the build and gapps.
    2) Boot into recovery
    3) Backup your firmware + data !!!
    4) Flash CM10 (install zip ...)
    5) Flash gapps (install zip ...)
    6) Wipe data / cache (factory reset)
    7) Reboot & Enjoy

To update, just download newer CM10 zip file and install it from recovery.

Working

QWERTY keyboard (with multipress)
    Call, SMS, Mobile Data (GSM Only)
    Wifi (network scan may take a long time)
    Wifi tethering
    USB (mass storage mode GUI is not very good)
    USB tethering
    Camera (front, back)
    Video Camera
    HW acceleration
    GPS / Glonass (long boot time)
    Rotation / Sensors
    Torch
    NFC (untested)
    Bluetooth

Not Working

CDMA / LTE
    HDMI
    Reading contacts from simcard

Other Issues

Shift + arrow keys not working in terminal properly
    Sometimes back virtual button has wrong icon as if virtual keyboard was out
    SIM PIN cannot be typed on QWERTY keyboard

Changelog

11/04/2013
    - fixed A2DP

08/04/2013
    - fixed sound in car dock

06/04/2013:
    - kernel updated to 3.0.72

04/04/2013:
    - GPS working (with long boottime)

01/03/2013:
    - added keyboard multipress (default ON)

25/02/2013:
    - fixed low speaker volume

22/02/2013:
    - fixed crt-off animaion

Download

CM10 is no longer supported. Last build is from 27/04/2013!
    Downolad: http://skrilax.droid-developers.org/xt897/cm-10-20130427-NIGHTLY-asanti_c.zip (MD5: 7debc60f189f32aab8f034ff1eb02c90)
    Google apps: http://skrilax.droid-developers.org/xt897/gapps-jb-20130214-photonq.zip

Source

Github: https://github.com/SkrilaxCZ

Build steps:

Code:
    mkdir cm
    cd cm
    repo init -u git://github.com/SkrilaxCZ/android.git -b jellybean
    repo sync
    vendor/cm/get-prebuilts
    . build/envsetup.sh && brunch asanti_c

Notes

1) Any QPST / SPC related things should be done on stock firmware.
    2) If you want to ged rid of the "unlocked BL logo", download: http://skrilax.droid-developers.org/xt897/stock_logo.zip, unpack it, reboot the phone to fastboot open command line in the folder and type "moto-fastboot flash logo stocklogo_swapped.bin" to get stock boot logo.
    3) If there is a filesystem check it will take a while to get past the CM bootanimation
    @antonyfirst:

I just used the terminal emulator on the phone.

logcat command to start the logcat, close that terminal window when you're done and open a new one, then logcat -f to dump the logcat to a file

@nwo122383:

I grabbed the stable CM10 build for the S3 and i'm going to compare our build.props and see if there's anything LTE and CDMA related that i might be able to use on our phones. if all goes well i'll post something for you to test. might take a look at their apns xml file too

*****UPDATE*****

So i added some lines from the S3's CM10 build.prop and copied it over, rebooted, and ignored the activation screen when the phone first turned on.
    Noticed that i had no service at all (no FC's though so not doing too bad...) toggled everything and still didn't get data to connect, so i had to go into the *#*#4636#*#* menu and change to mode to cdma/lte and toggle the radio on/off. went back into settings>mobile networks and toggled those settings again and watched as it reconnected. Then i went to the about phone>status menu to see EXACTLY what was going on.....

Cut to the goodies: I got the phone to briefly (about a second or two) connect to eHRPD instead of EvDo!

The network type switched from 1xRTT to EvDo to eHRPD then back to 1x then back to EvDo. its still connected to EvDo, but i think we might be getting ever so slightly closer to getting LTE working. One of the lines i borrowed from the S3 .prop was
    Code:
    ro.config.svlte1x=true
    which supposedly has something to do with simultaneous voice/data which (i believe) is reliant on eHRPD, as LTE is.

Can someone take a look at these prop files and see what they think?

I'm attaching the cm10.0.0 S3 prop and my modded photon CM10 prop (the additions i made are below the telephony section)

*******UPDATE 2*******
    I copied over the GS3 CM10 apns-conf.xml file and rebooted, did all the aforementioned toggling and voila eHRPD stays connected. I'll let you guys know if LTE works later this afternoon!

*Really small update*
    Simultaneous calls and data appear to work! *confirmed working!*

I added the GS3's apns-conf.xml to the attached zip. Anyone wanting to test should download the zip rename myphotonbuild.prop to build.prop and drop it in their /system folder and drop the apns-conf.xml in the /system/etc folder. I'd suggest backing up your original build.prop just to be safe. then follow the aforementioned toggling method and see if they can get eHRPD to connect.

*********UPDATE 3**********

LTE works! See my post on the next page for details.
    I have a complete flashable rom based on the latest nightly (4.12) for everyone the play with.

The CDMA Enabled CM10 rom has a new home here: CM10 for Sprint CDMA/LTE

I'll post it when I get it uploaded!

ROM

CDMA Modded CM10 4.12 Nightly
    CDMA Modded CM10 4.12 Nightly Ver. 2

Some toggling of settings may still be required and it still defaults to RUIM/SIM for some reason.
    CDMA calls work fine
    CDMA 1xRTT, EvDo, and eHRPD data work
    LTE works (toggle airplane mode if it doesn't connect)

Mods are as follows:

/system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/xml/apns.xml
    and
    /system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/xml/eri.xml
    replaced with the Galaxy S3 CM10 stable versions

Build.prop modded with bits and peices from the Galaxy S3 CM10 and Stock ASA-14 ones Ver. 2 adds lines from HTC Jewel (EVO LTE) CM10 as well.

/system/etc/apns-conf.xml replaced with the S3 CM10 one

/system/app/stk.apk removed

Instructions:

*Update* TWRP is recommended when flashing this ROM. I've had reports of it not flashing properly in OpenRecovery.

Wipe cache/data (recommended)

Flash ROM

Flash GAPPS from first post

open phone and enter *#*#4636#*#* and ensure that mode is set to CDMA/LTE auto (prl)

go to settings>wireless and networks>more>mobile networks and set network mode to LTE/CDMA or LTE/CDMA/EvDo and set CDMA Subscription to NV.

Enjoy!

NOTE: This is still a work in progress and may cause damage to your phone, damage to your relationship, or global thermoneuclear war. None of which am I responsible for. You have been warned!!!!

Sent from my Photon Q
    GPS

To get the GPS working, edit /system/etc/gps.conf and change CAPABILITIES=0x27 to CAPABILITIES=0x07.
    Or wait for the next nightly build.
    Please notice that the GPS won't start working sooner than about two minutes after boot. Let's consider it 'normal' for now.