Ozone Verizon (Cedar): SSPL, HardSPL and original SPL by JockyW

Search This thread

ookba

Oct 12, 2007
LA
How sure are you that Ozone is Cedar?

RUU_Chief_W_WM65_VERIZON_WWE_2.10.605.1T_Radio_612522_1.71.00WV_NV_MFG_VZW

looks like a chief to me, but I could be wrong, I would like to release a 6.5 kernal, but dont want to have wrong device.
Chief is the "build name", CEDAR is the device name.

CEDAR = Chief
MAPLE = Captain
WILLOW = COMMANDER

Please post that RUU if it's from Verizon. :)

C

conflipper

that makes sence then, cause i knew commander-r32 was going to sprint, and i guess its already out there.

cant share rom at this time, Kernal are posted up there though. Sorry

businesschild

Apr 15, 2009
Seattle, WA
twitter.com
Solution to Win7 x64 problems

Success!!! I was having problems with Windows 7 RC x64... so I ran a Windows XP virtual machine and it worked immediatly. Completely effortless JockyW. A work of beauty ;)

Donation coming in 3, 2, 1...

Transaction ID: 1H742207US551100D

Last edited:

computerpro3

Aug 4, 2009
Ozone's a bit picky of what I put into the ROM. Strange. Maybe due to being CDMA/GSM. Gonna take a few extra days to produce you guys a ROM. :)

Just sent some cash your way to help...as I said it's not much and I apologize for that but I'm a broke college student!

Transaction id 92U32666TX235283M :)

Jocky, you're next in a couple of days when I get paid.

BTW I flashed perfectly fine with Windows 7 Ultimate X64...I had UAC disabled though and ran the program with administrative rights.

Last edited:

aimbdd

Jul 27, 2009
PA/MD
mine ran fine on windows 7 ultimate. I didn't disable anything or have to do anything special for it to work haha.

chinamin1988

Jul 31, 2009
OK guys I am new to windows mobile. I had a blackberry before and installing leaked OS were pretty easy. But I am not sure if I was sucessful running Hardspl. I did everything in the first post except check with SplashSPl. I do not know how to do that. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Ok i did some searching around on the forums and I had to disable ActiveSync. Now I see on the tri-color boot screen .039.HARD. So I do think I am good to go. Thanks alot jock. Will def. donate as soon as make my deposit next week.

Last edited:

kkryptonyte

Aug 5, 2008
I am having issues getting the HardSPL to flash properly. I have followed the instructions, removed SIM and SD cards, disabled USB sync in ActiveSync after uploading the JumpSPL files and confirmed having the HTC USB device in the device manager before attempting the ROM update. Everything seems to go fine up until the ROM update where it will sit for 0% for a few seconds then jump to 100% and say everything went fine. However when I boot to the tri-color screen it still says 0.39.0000 instead of 0.39.Hard.

I have run this in Windows 7 RTM x64 and Win XP with the same exact results in each. Is there something else I could be doing wrong or is it an issue with my phone?

Thanks.

brent372

Apr 30, 2008
For the life of me, I cannot get this to work.
Followed instructions to a T.

Removed cards.
Connected.
Run auto.bat
Followed instructions on screen.
Confirmed on device.
Screen goes black.
Rom update starts.
Sits at 0%, then goes right to 100%, saying complete.
Phone reboots.
No changes.

I copied EnterBootLoader.exe to device.
Ran it.
Tri-colored bar shows original SPL.

While in boot-loader, I ran ROMUpdateUtility
progress bar shows up and computer and device.
Sits at 0% until it errors out and I get the recovery screen on PC.
Phone reboots normally after battery pull.

Thoughts / ideas please...

Shakes

Jul 9, 2006

Removed cards.
Connected.
Run auto.bat
Confirmed on device.
Screen goes black.
Rom update starts.
Phone reboots.
No changes.

Ran it.

Same exact thing is happening to me.

dkompile

Aug 28, 2009
I am having issues getting the HardSPL to flash properly. I have followed the instructions, removed SIM and SD cards, disabled USB sync in ActiveSync after uploading the JumpSPL files and confirmed having the HTC USB device in the device manager before attempting the ROM update. Everything seems to go fine up until the ROM update where it will sit for 0% for a few seconds then jump to 100% and say everything went fine. However when I boot to the tri-color screen it still says 0.39.0000 instead of 0.39.Hard.

I have run this in Windows 7 RTM x64 and Win XP with the same exact results in each. Is there something else I could be doing wrong or is it an issue with my phone?

Thanks.

I've been trying this for the past two days with the exact same result. Made attempts on both Vista Ultimate and XP Pro. Regardless of ActiveSync USB settings, the ROM Update Utility goes from 0% to 100% in the order of a few seconds, reboots, and nothing gets accomplished.

Any assistance, advice, help, etc would be appreciated with donations.

fpatano

Jul 19, 2009
I've been trying this for the past two days with the exact same result. Made attempts on both Vista Ultimate and XP Pro. Regardless of ActiveSync USB settings, the ROM Update Utility goes from 0% to 100% in the order of a few seconds, reboots, and nothing gets accomplished.

Any assistance, advice, help, etc would be appreciated with donations.

Are you using the HTC USB cable connected to one of the main USB (Not from a replicator or PCI Card) connections to the computer?

Shakes

Jul 9, 2006
I tried it on two seperate computers with the original cable and built-in USB port. No luck.

kkryptonyte

Aug 5, 2008
Same here. Tried front ports and back ports with original HTC Sync cable in both Windows 7 and XP and still no dice. I just got another Ozone from an insurance trade and I will see if this one works any different.

Donations to whoever gets this solved.

EDIT: Same results with different phone from Verizon. Confirmed same SPL version also so I'm running out of ideas. If there were an official update or something I would test to see if that even flashes fine. I'm wondering if there isn't a batch that simply don't flash properly or if the HTC Sync driver we have is bad.

Last edited:

l0newulf

Aug 22, 2009

Removed cards.
Connected.
Run auto.bat
Confirmed on device.
Screen goes black.
Rom update starts.
Phone reboots.
No changes.

Ran it.

Well, it won't work by flashing directly in boot loader because the JumpSPL has to temporarily lower the security level.

There is a way to verify that this is happening before you run the RomUpdateUtility. Search for nueTTY, run it after getting the blank screen on the phone and killing ActiveSync. If it connects, type the command 'task 32'. Should return level = 0.

If you don't have luck with mtty or nueTTY, also try qmat. Hardware Forensics -> Use Mobile Ports -> Modem Async. Start either USB or serial and type the command in the drop down box right below the set of buttons.

If you have doubts then after running sspl deselect "allow usb connections" in activesync and run MTTY 1.42 for Win XP or a later version for Vista. Click the USB button and press enter, at the prompt type "task 32", if you sec level = 0 then everything is fine.

Last edited:

brent372

Apr 30, 2008
This is all I get when I run neuTTY:

Disabling RAPI...Already Stopped!
Searching for CE USB devices to connect...
No devices found to connect, aborting...
Not restarting RAPI because it was already disabled.

EDIT:

Now I am getting this:
Disabling RAPI...Success!
Searching for CE USB devices to connect...
Windows CE Device found at: \\?\usb#vid_0bb4&pid_00ce#5&1796ae7a&0&1#{25dbce51-6
c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}
Press Ctrl+C to exit.
Cmd>
task 32

Still waiting for a return code from neuTTY

EDIT 2:

Well finally something different.
neuTTY never worked, but the Rom updater finally gave me a success screen and the phone rebooted on it's own.
However, I ran "enterbootloader.exe" on the phone after and it is still the original SPL :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Attached you find all you need to flash cooked ROMs on your Ozone (Cedar).

The sspl/hardspl are confirmed to work fine on the HTC Cedar platform (Ozone).

It will not work on the HTC Maple platform (Dash3G). Running this sspl on a Dash3G will definitely brick it. Also the HTC Willow platform (SNAP S511, Sprint) is not supported. For the Dash3G I have already developed a sspl/hardspl. Users of the S511 have to wait until I feel motivated ..

The packages contains a SSPL, HardSPL, patched ROM updater and the original Ozone SPL. The package is based on SPL v0.39

Instructions:
    1. remove SD and SIM cards (don't forget otherwise the sspl is likely not to work!!)
    2. connect your device to your pc with a USB cable and wait until it is synced
    3. extract the file "Ozone HardSPL by JockyW.zip" and execute "auto.bat"
    4. follow all instructions given on screen: first the sspl is copied to the device and executed. You must confirm running JumpSPL on the device: first time you must click Yes to allow it to run, you also must click the trackball to continue execution of JumpSPL. The device display will turn dark and after that the romupdate tool will install the hardspl on your device. (the identification string in the tri-color bootloader screen is "0.39.Hard")
    5. to test the sspl and the hardspl you can flash the attached splash.nbh

Once the HardSPL is installed on your device you can flash any Ozone cooked or original ROM.

Have fun,
    JockyW

PS: Moderators please make this a sticky. Thanks.