questions about 4.3 and the new bootloader

Search This thread

mojorisin7178

So I have the 4.3 update. I know I can still root the phone and I can still install twrp and that doing so will trip the Knox counter. (I don't care about that) but I really want.to start using aokp again stock is killing me. But I have heard that the new bootloader is not for aosp roms it is for tw roms. So has anyone successfully installed the new aokp Kitkat on the note2 from 4.3? I have asked both roman and white whitehawkx and both do not know. I gave my d2tmo to my friend but it is on its.last legs so he might.not use it.if.he doesn't I will use it as a guinea pig to see what happens. If anyone has an opinion let.me know please stock is driving.me crazy.

bpun

Sep 19, 2012
Vancouver
I think it really depends on the rom/aokp base. The OP will normally state the bootloader requirement if it needs to be from Jellybean, unlocked & etc.. You can always make a full backup and try it yourself to see if it works or not, not much to loose aside from time

Reactions: mojorisin7178

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
You should read some of the aosp based rom threads in original dev and see what the kids are saying about it.

They have more invested in the subject than the general GN2 user base.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Reactions: mojorisin7178

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think it really depends on the rom/aokp base. The OP will normally state the bootloader requirement if it needs to be from Jellybean, unlocked & etc.. You can always make a full backup and try it yourself to see if it works or not, not much to loose aside from time
    You should read some of the aosp based rom threads in original dev and see what the kids are saying about it.

They have more invested in the subject than the general GN2 user base.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement