[Q] Play Store: invalid package file for paid apps only!!

Search This thread

pdario

Jan 3, 2011
Please help!

It is a month or two now that I can't update any paid app, as the APK sent is invalid!

I have the latest Play Store and Play Store Services apps on SGS2 v4.1.2 stock rom.

I tried deleting both data and cache of both, I uninstalled the old app and also tried downgrading both Play Store App, but nothing worked.

I found that the APK files I receive for paid apps are not standard zip files, they seem corrupted or encrypted: can this be?

Can anybody Help?

M

Modding.MyMind

Uninstall the paid app. If you actually purchased the app from the play store then its yours and you can reinstall it. Doesn't matter if the app was initially corrupted during its first download or not. Google keeps record of your purchases based on your Google account. You could even wipe your device out, restore it with a clean backup and still redownload all your apps.

If this isn't the case for you then sorry but you cannot be helped because your "paid app" is third party at this point - or in lamen terms, warez.

Sent from my K2_CL using Tapatalk

pdario

Jan 3, 2011
Uninstall the paid app. If you actually purchased the app from the play store then its yours and you can reinstall it.

Nope!
The case is: I paid and installed app months (or years) ago; I've always been able to update from store with newer versions; it is some months now that every paid apps come down as a corrupt (or encrypted?) APK: I can't open them as zip files. And this happens with ALL and ONLY paid apps!
If I uninstall them, they come down corrupted again and do not install!

I would have lost them if it wasn't for Titanium Backup...

T

the_pirate_predator

Solution

Please help!

It is a month or two now that I can't update any paid app, as the APK sent is invalid!

I have the latest Play Store and Play Store Services apps on SGS2 v4.1.2 stock rom.

I tried deleting both data and cache of both, I uninstalled the old app and also tried downgrading both Play Store App, but nothing worked.

I found that the APK files I receive for paid apps are not standard zip files, they seem corrupted or encrypted: can this be?

Can anybody Help?

I think you cleared data and cache in the settings.

As you say, it didn't work in settings, you have to go to android recovery mode to clear cache.

I don't own this device. So I can't tell you how to enter recovery mode. You can Google it.

Once you enter recovery mode, there will be an option to clear cache. It clears cache of all the apps.

If you want, you can use custom recovery modes to clear cache.

After clearing it, reboot system and then try again to access.

Hope, it works.

Press thanks if I have helped you.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Downgrading Google Play app doesn't solve the issue in any way. It may complicate the issue even more.

The apk files will be encrypted as it is a paid app. I suppose.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.