OTA July 19th?(tonight)

Search This thread

ksizzle9

Jun 17, 2010
Knoxville
has anyone gotten, heard, or know anything about the supposed OTA that is coming? supposed overall performance improvements, as well as better camera app, also supposed to fix that possible charging bug.

Mikerrrrrrrr

Jun 18, 2010
has anyone gotten, heard, or know anything about the supposed OTA that is coming? supposed overall performance improvements, as well as better camera app, also supposed to fix that possible charging bug.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/17/verizon-readying-droid-x-update/

That should help you out, if you haven't seen it already. I may or may not hold off on the OTA because it may help with the Droid X rooting efforts. Chances are I'll get it though :-/

dvation191

Jul 16, 2010
This is my first android phone so I'm just wondering...what's the procedure for an OTA update? Will the Droid X automatically prompt us when it becomes available or is there a manual action required?

Jun 13, 2010
Kansas City
This is my first android phone so I'm just wondering...what's the procedure for an OTA update? Will the Droid X automatically prompt us when it becomes available or is there a manual action required?

automatic, so yes something will prompt you and if you don't click for it yourself in 3 minutes is the time frame i believe, it will automatically just do it. it will restart your phone after it downloads and then install and start up again.

i haven't got the update yet but i have been manually checking all day! i want it bad lol.

evulhotdog

Jul 17, 2010
Someone on twitter said it would be released at 10:59pm. Idk where he got it from though.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

ksizzle9

Jun 17, 2010
Knoxville
Installed no noticeable difference. Now we will let the clock start ticking for froyo. Tick. Tock. And so it begins. May e this was secretly a maintenance update for froyo. Vzw tweeted today that froyo for the dinc would b late july or early august. U don't think the are going to give it to someone other than their flagship phone first do u?

orcsbane13

Apr 6, 2010
Just restarted my phone for the first time since the update. Battery showed same % before and after the reboot. That's a first since i got it.