way to reinstall allshare apk?

Search This thread

tweezit

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 6, 2010
Louisville
I have the dlna.apk and the odex file was curious if there was a way to adb it back on the phone.. ( I removed it thinking I wouldn't use it :( )

I just don't know the commands for adb and if I try and just put them on sd card and install it says it is already installed but I know it is gone cause I removed it via titanium backup.

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
send it to me and let me see if i can do some work on getting it back on the phone. i took mine off too like you but dont have the dlna.apk

http://www.mediafire.com/?hr510y2s9apihuy
Check the ADB threads and/or Root Explorer (it could probably do this too) for the commands.

As a last resort, if you really need it and can't figure it out.. just download the stock ROM in the dev forum and flash/restore it but you'll have to redo the settings so back up data with Titanium Backup.

Last edited:

loaded.check

Aug 21, 2010
Dlna.apk AllShare reinstall fail.

I'm using the Vibrant9 Eclair 2.1 rom which has removed Dlna.apk aka AllShare.
Any ideas how to get this reinstalled?

Some of my results.

When I try to install via the Vibrant file browser it I get the usual
"Do you want to install this application"
I click on Install and get
"Application not installed"

Tried to install via adb.

./adb install /SDK/app/Dlna/Dlna.apk
1175 KB/s (787522 bytes in 0.654s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/Dlna.apk
execv /system/xbin/procrank returned -1
execv /system/xbin/librank returned -1
/mnt/.lfs: Function not implemented
execv /system/bin/parse_radio_log returned -1
[1] Killed pm install /data...

Tried to install while in adb shell, no errors untill reboot, got stuck on splash screen until it ended on a black screen, soft keys lit and stayed lit when I pressed them.

# install /sdcard/Dlna.apk /sdcard/system/app
# reboot
(black screen after splash loop on reboot)(adb shell active, can't gain su access though)

pphi

Oct 29, 2006
I've failed on trying to get it reinstalled too, anyone knowledgeable enough to fix this?

reocej

Mar 14, 2009
Any luck?

I know this is an old thread, but has anyone had any luck at getting the Allshare app reinstalled with custom roms? I've googled to no avail.:(

slotteh

Jan 24, 2011
Singapore
u could try creating a .zip file and placing the dlna.apk in systems\app folder and flashing it in CWM.

For example, ur .zip file would look something like this.

C:\customzipfile.zip\system\app\dlna.apk

I havent tried it out though so not sure if it may work. Dont burn down my house if it doesnt. It just seems feasible.

neu242

May 29, 2010
I'm trying to install it on my Nexus S, without success. Where should I put the Dlna.odex? When I installed the Dnla.apk, it says "installation succesful", even though it's not. Here's the log:

Code:
D/PackageManager(  332): Scanning package com.sec.android.app.dlna
E/PackageManager(  332): Package com.sec.android.app.dlna requires unavailable shared library touchwiz; failing!
W/PackageManager(  332): Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/com.sec.android.app.dlna-1.apk
I/InstallAppProgress( 7472): Finished installing com.sec.android.app.dlna

You can find the zip here, by the way: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7259961&postcount=5

Last edited:
Reactions: kamaliqwan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm trying to install it on my Nexus S, without success. Where should I put the Dlna.odex? When I installed the Dnla.apk, it says "installation succesful", even though it's not. Here's the log:

Code:
    D/PackageManager(  332): Scanning package com.sec.android.app.dlna
    E/PackageManager(  332): Package com.sec.android.app.dlna requires unavailable shared library touchwiz; failing!
    W/PackageManager(  332): Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/com.sec.android.app.dlna-1.apk
    I/InstallAppProgress( 7472): Finished installing com.sec.android.app.dlna

You can find the zip here, by the way: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7259961&postcount=5