[KERNEL] [4/15] For TouchWiz and AOSP/CM6/MIUI ROMs - Voodoo Sound+BLN+UV+Misc tweaks

Search This thread

jt1134

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2010
Below please find a kernel compiled from the EC10 and ED01 source drops. Source code is here: https://github.com/jt1134/linux-2.6-fascinate/commits/froyo/

Enhancements:
Voodoo Color - Supercurio ** http://project-voodoo.org/color
Voodoo Lagfix - Supercurio ** http://project-voodoo.org/lagfix
Voodoo Sound - Supercurio ** find Voodoo Control app on market
Backlight Notifications - Neldar ** find BLN Control app on market
Tiny RCU and lowmemkiller patch
Slightly undervolted
interactive cpu governor
other misc niceties, read the commits

The "TW" kernels can be used with any TouchWiz based ROM. The "AOSP" kernels can be used with any AOSP based ROM such as CM, Vanilla FroYo, or MIUI.

As my Fascinate is now deactivated, there are obviously some things I cannot personally test, but these kernels have been tested by a few folks successfully.

HUGE thanks to nemesis2all for providing a working defconfig to start with. Made my life MUCH easier.

Thanks to SirGatez' for the home button tip!

Flash with cwm, yadda yadda, enjoy

***** 3/27 Home button issue fixed! :D *****

***** 3/27 #2 Added Voodoo Color :D *****

***** 4/07 *****
update to latest voodoo sound code
removed lots of unneeded stuff from kernel config, should speed things up a bit, saves space
misc recovery fixes
sdcard speed tweak
add non-voodoo lagfix version
** Kernel has NOT been heavily tested! **

***** 4/07 *****
updated ext4 code - kanged from imnuts from tytso
added missing fix_permissions and nandroid-md5.sh scripts - both fixperms and nandroid should work correctly now

***** 4/11 *****
add SirGatez' non-OEM battery patch
switch to edify scripting in update zip
re-add ipv6 to kernel configuration
add AOSP versions to this post

***** 4/15 *****
merge some small changes from ED01 source drop to the audio, video, and lowmemkiller drivers

Attachments

• TW_kernel-0411-voodoo.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 1,674
  • TW_kernel-0411-novoodoo.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 309
  • AOSP_kernel-0411-voodoo.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 592
  • AOSP_kernel-0411-novoodoo.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 133
  • AOSP_kernel-0415-voodoo.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 1,125
  • AOSP_kernel-0415-novoodoo.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 356
  • TW_kernel-0415-voodoo.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 3,779
  • TW_kernel-0415-novoodoo.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 848
Last edited:

rctreadaway

Feb 10, 2011
Will us non voodoo people have anything coming out? Awesome job getting things out so fast though!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

renf

Dec 27, 2010
Oh man..oh man... I wanna flash this but I'm using Dark Revenge.. :(
Does anyone REALLY think it will just soft brick me?

Probably not but you might as well just flash super clean, it's only one extra step after all. Better safe than sorry until dark revenge compatibility is confirmed.

Edit: This reply was irrelevant by the time my submission went through. Apologies.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Below please find a kernel compiled from the EC10 and ED01 source drops. Source code is here: https://github.com/jt1134/linux-2.6-fascinate/commits/froyo/

Enhancements:
    Voodoo Color - Supercurio ** http://project-voodoo.org/color
    Voodoo Lagfix - Supercurio ** http://project-voodoo.org/lagfix
    Voodoo Sound - Supercurio ** find Voodoo Control app on market
    Backlight Notifications - Neldar ** find BLN Control app on market
    Tiny RCU and lowmemkiller patch
    Slightly undervolted
    interactive cpu governor
    other misc niceties, read the commits

The "TW" kernels can be used with any TouchWiz based ROM. The "AOSP" kernels can be used with any AOSP based ROM such as CM, Vanilla FroYo, or MIUI.

As my Fascinate is now deactivated, there are obviously some things I cannot personally test, but these kernels have been tested by a few folks successfully.

HUGE thanks to nemesis2all for providing a working defconfig to start with. Made my life MUCH easier.

Thanks to SirGatez' for the home button tip!

Flash with cwm, yadda yadda, enjoy

***** 3/27 Home button issue fixed! :D *****

***** 3/27 #2 Added Voodoo Color :D *****

***** 4/07 *****
    update to latest voodoo sound code
    removed lots of unneeded stuff from kernel config, should speed things up a bit, saves space
    misc recovery fixes
    sdcard speed tweak
    add non-voodoo lagfix version

***** 4/07 *****
    updated ext4 code - kanged from imnuts from tytso
    added missing fix_permissions and nandroid-md5.sh scripts - both fixperms and nandroid should work correctly now

***** 4/11 *****
    add SirGatez' non-OEM battery patch
    switch to edify scripting in update zip
    re-add ipv6 to kernel configuration
    add AOSP versions to this post

***** 4/15 *****
    merge some small changes from ED01 source drop to the audio, video, and lowmemkiller drivers
    new kernels in OP
    Well, I got an answer in the sound thread...

Does one of the kernel folks want to translate this post into an actual fix?
    Skimmed through this topic (sorry if I missed this, but 43 pages is just too much to read) and I don't know if this is a coincidence or not. I installed the latest kernel from the OP on monday, and everything was fine until this morning. I noticed that my phone was making an occasional static "pop" while typing even though the volume was down, then a few minutes later it actually started making a constant static buzz (kinda like when the bln is on during a call) loud enough to hear with the phone on the desk, and coming out of the back speaker. After restarting the phone, it froze on the app drawer right away.

I took the battery out, waited 5 minutes and popped it back in. Now that I'm listening more carefully I can hear the static buzz for about a second after the phone makes any sound, then it cuts out. I'm going to try another kernel and see if maybe this has been happening but I just didn't notice, or if it's just my hardware, but I wanted to see if anyone else was having these issues?

i ran it for about a day (which is a HUGE ammount of time for me) and i didnt hear any buzzing. anybody else i would start giving trouble shooting advice.
    Updated OP. Home button working now. thanks sirgatez

Welcome :) Figured you needed that.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk