PrimeContact - fast and beautiful finger-oriented contact manager with fullscreen CID

Search This thread

PrimeContact

Dec 29, 2007
PrimeContact 2.216
primecontact_2.0.gif
metal_shine.gif
img-68337-blue.gif

Description:

Contact manager “Primetech Contacts for Windows Mobile” is designed to manage contact list using a finger instead of stylus.

All contact list actions are made by the moving of a thumb. Various movements done over the list (bottom-up, right-left, etc.) correspond to a certain action. It works well for fast contact search and making calls on the move when there is no opportunity to use stylus. Do everything you want: send SMS, MMS, make calls with just a flick of a finger!

Large and user-friendly iPhone style control elements provide extremely comfortable way of navigation through your phone book.

With the easily-customizable interface you can change anything you want from position on the screen to size and color of the elements. Create your own theme or use the existing ones. There is also hardware keyboard search support, wheel support and flip-mode support.

Features:
  • CallerID (incoming caller photo)
  • Acceptable speed even on slow processors;
  • Smooth scrolling with the inertia effect;
  • Screen Keyboard;
  • Fullscreen photo viewing in the information section of the contact
  • Installing the contact photo (without compression);
  • Various search modes:
    • Search by the first letter of contact''s name;
    • Search by the group (company / category / favourites);
    • Search by first letters(~T9) (using keyboard);
    • Search by the part of the phone number (using keyboard);
    • Through-search over all of the contact''s information fields (using keyboard);
  • Choosing a phone number and calling;
  • Full support of hardware buttons and hardware numeric keyboard;
  • Fully customizable interface (colors, fonts, size, speed, the output format).

Handled finger-moves:
  • up/down - contacts list scrolling in the given direction;
  • left - choosing telephone number;
  • right - detailed contact''s information;
  • continuous "tap" on the contact - dialing;

PrimeContact has hidden TAP-zones located on the corners of the screen:
  • Upper left corner - select group/company
  • Upper right corner - main menu
  • Lower right corner - select letter

Homepage | Buy

Unregistered version is fully functional except for the ability to call.

Activation code must be entered at the "About" tab in "Main menu -> Settings"

Downloads: CAB | ZIP (including wm2003)

Additional:
Font generator: font_gen | POST about it

Last edited:

Vukile

Jun 25, 2007
I like the one handed operation,but I cant figure out the whole interface. Being able to access all the contacts' numbers is priceless.I had to reset my device just to get out of the program. The scrolling isnt as smooth as the competition......

PrimeContact

Dec 29, 2007
Some words are in Russian though
Where? :(

I like the one handed operation,but I cant figure out the whole interface. Being able to access all the contacts' numbers is priceless.I had to reset my device just to get out of the program.
Minimizing program bind to the reject button. You can bind exit from the program to any hardware button: PrimeContact.cfg: ContactList.key.close. Do not pay attention to the Russian comments :)

The scrolling isnt as smooth as the competition......
You can choose smooth scrolling parameters: PrimeContact.cfg: ContactList.scroll.speed, ContactList.scroll.deceleration_percent

Last edited:

KidGixxer

Mar 21, 2007
Thanks. For the fix.
I like it so much I am working on a Touch skin for it.

Is it possible to have the "skin.cfg" and "PrimeContact.cfg" translated?

jolas

Feb 22, 2006
Athens
Impressive

It's really an impressive application.
I wonder if there is a way to have the index letters in greek instead in russian. Also, the main problem is that it converts my greek characters into russian characters, and I don't know how to solve it.

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
Thanks for your reply!

I try to run it in my pc but it doesn't run (it says: "The system cannot execute the specified program.").

When I try to run it in ppc, nothing happens.
For me it works. I put the font_generator.exe and fonts.bat to the fonts folder of blue skin and I edit the font.bat to generate only the 4 fonts that the skin needs. After I transfer the files to device and all now are in greek!

guimau31

Nov 9, 2007
I traduce the lang file in french

I have a non-phone mpda, how can i exit from prime contacts ? Thanks a lot

I find myself, mapping the exit to the pad (down for exemple)

Attachments

• lang.zip
    479 bytes · Views: 94
Last edited:

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
I traduce the lang file in french

I have a non-phone mpda, how can i exit from prime contacts ? Thanks a lot

I find myself, mapping the exit to the pad (down for exemple)

I have the same problem. I tried and on my qtek 8500 without touchscreen and works pretty good. But need some config with the buttons.

And here is the greek language, just erase the doc extention:

Attachments

• lang.cfg.doc
    1,019 bytes · Views: 47

franjorge

May 21, 2007
Very useful application.

The only drawback is that it takes too long to load. Will this be improved in further releases?

Thanks,
Fran

franjorge

May 21, 2007
Another thing I have noticed is that even though I have created ANSI fonts using fonts.bat and put them all in the corresponding FONTS folder, I still do not get the accented letters in Spanish. For example:

Where it should say "Fotógrafo" y get "Fotygrafo", instead of ""Mecánico" it shows "Mec6nico", etc.

Fran