Green, Red, and Blue dots all over my camera, what is this?

Search This thread

GazaIan

Dec 27, 2010
Your basement
twitter.com
For the psst couple of days now, I've noticed some extremely bothersome green red and blue dots all over the screen when the camera is open. They look almost like stuck pixels, the green being an entire cluster of said stuck pixels. When pictures and videos are taken, the dots end up in the pictures and videos as well. What is this? This js royally pissing me off and making me sad, I use my camera a lot :(

Attatched is an image taken by the camera showing the burned up pixels. The green should be easiest to notice, the blue and red are a lot harder to see especially if XDA mobile doesn't upload images at its original quality.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA

uploadfromtaptalk1334779476411.jpg

gustav30

Jul 20, 2010
LG G8X ThinQ
have you done a reboot and then test the camera? Every few months my camera might show some green lines, thread somewhere about that. Reboot worked. Also clear camera data and test with a 3rd party camera app. Hope that helps.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Kurisu87

Jun 5, 2011
Scotland
not too sure about anybody else but the attachment in the op is a plain black box, no probs on it, maybe its your psychical screen:confused:

Shery4life

Mar 10, 2011
For some reason I think the green,blue and red dots are nothing but camera noise and this only happens when you use the camera at night time
I have the same issue and I must admit it is very annoying

Also you said the colors pixels get carried onto videos and picture and I would say this is normal the only way you can get rid of this is by having a good lightning in the room

But for some reason the sensation still show a lot of camera noise even in good lightning

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

GazaIan

Dec 27, 2010
Your basement
twitter.com
For some reason I think the green,blue and red dots are nothing but camera noise and this only happens when you use the camera at night time
I have the same issue and I must admit it is very annoying

Also you said the colors pixels get carried onto videos and picture and I would say this is normal the only way you can get rid of this is by having a good lightning in the room

But for some reason the sensation still show a lot of camera noise even in good lightning

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium
They appear during daylight as well. Harder to notice, but its there.