Undecided on modding

Search This thread

turner2914

Jan 23, 2012
Burlington
I just bought a nexus s today and I'm not sure if I should unlock the bootloader and modify the phone. Is it a good idea or should I stay away? PS. I also have to network unlock my phone does anyone know how to do that free?

Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda premium

sdhanjal15

Mar 8, 2012
Its already unlocked, can be used on any GSM network

Sent eating an Ice Cream Sandwhich in the Matrix

Last edited:

bjuderas

Apr 14, 2012
To root a android phone is the best thing to do! You can install many costume ROMs and kernels and themes and a lot of stuff!
But I would wait maybe 2 weeks until rooting the device, so you are sure that the phone is working fine and you don't have to send it back to the store you purchased it! ;)

turner2914

Jan 23, 2012
Burlington
My phone isn't network unlocked because it was on wind mobile and i would like to bring it over to solo mobile. And okay i will wait 2 weeks just in case though i do have a question about internal memory. When you wipe the data/factory reset, does it wipe the internal memory too?

sdhanjal15

Mar 8, 2012
I'm using a at&t nexus on my T-Mobile sim. (Cheaper for me) I only get 2g so yeah

Sent eating an Ice Cream Sandwhich in the Matrix

DarkhShadow

Sep 25, 2011
Essex
I put my solo sim card in the nexus and it said emergency calls only so does that mean it is locked to one provider at the moment?

No that's means the frequencys are incompatible or you apn is wrong
If it was network locked(like some galaxy nexus) it would ask for a unlock code

Sent from my ice cream powered Nexus S

turner2914

Jan 23, 2012
Burlington
Do you think if I sent the phone to Samsung (it hasn't been modified at all and is only 3 months old) do you think they would send me the i9020a in return for my i9020t?

Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda premium