[ROM[12/15/13][*Beta*] - CleanROM Ultra Lite Edition 1.0 - Lightest ROM I could build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Here is the lightest ROM I could build. I did this as a request and a challenge just to see how lite I could make it.

Most everything Note Related (S-Pen), Google Related, Samsung Related, and Verizon related is GONE.

This is a one shot ROM, meaning no add-ons will be made. You use it like it is or you can flash a more main stream ROM like the standard edition of CleanROM.

Features
  • Beta quality
  • Rooted
  • 715 Megabytes
  • Stock Launcher
  • Weather Widget
  • Not meant to be used as a daily driver

Download Here: CleanROM-ULE-1.0.zip - 715.26 MB

Last edited:

TechBSwift

Jul 14, 2010
thank you scott!!!!! I can strip any apps/features from you other rom I need and add them to this rom.

Downloading now, when you say everything note related, does that mean the s pen no longer works?

Last edited:

spartandawgs_03

Dec 7, 2013
Third lol
Btw running the other version of Clean Rom cant wait to try this one. Always end up removing stuff I dont need. This is perfect for my needs. Thank's Scott. I have been a long time lurker I remember your amazing work from the S4 Verizon. Thank you for all you do!

Last edited:
Reactions: TH3 ST1G

barrackOBAMA

Jan 17, 2013
I bet this is too fast!!!

Have to check it out.

Used to only run the lite editions back in the day <3

TechBSwift

Jul 14, 2010
Nice rom.
If you need any help scott you can hit me up with a p.m. NEON b3 will be 465mb and it's fully stable :) I just need to work on the ota/mod center a tad., why do you think yours shouldn't be used as a daily driver? I can point you to some useless libs and languages . all the best. :p

So I'm running this rom right now (thanks scott for doing this) I can see why it's beta. When removing files you never know what's going to stop working. If you take a screenshot using spen it will crash.

I will say install and first boot up took about a minute!!! crazy fast

Scott

Hi Scot
I have used the modems on my note2. That collection was very useful.
Can you please make flashable zip files with the mj7 mje and the mj3 modems for the n3.
I appreciate it
Abe

It doesnt work on this device like that. Sorry.

Have to check it out.

Nah, its the same to me.

Scott is this for MJE? I assume yes but just double checking

Hopefully this thread doesn't get filled with posts about apps that are missing or not working. Please read the op if you are going to flash.
It will

So I'm running this rom right now (thanks scott for doing this) I can see why it's beta. When removing files you never know what's going to stop working. If you take a screenshot using spen it will crash.

Op: I took out all Note related files, to clarify, that means S-Pen.

S-Pen will not work.

I may make adjustments to functions as we go though.... I had fun just making it like this. So let the thread fill up with bugs and in a couple days I will decide which way to go with it.

Last edited:

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
Nexus Player
This thing is legit fast and running great on my end here. The one thing I noticed is the Air Command window still pops up when I pull my S-Pen out. I will daily driver this at least for a day so I can see how things run, find bugs, etc.

Scott

This thing is legit fast and running great on my end here. The one thing I noticed is the Air Command window still pops up when I pull my S-Pen out. I will daily driver this at least for a day so I can see how things run, find bugs, etc.

Yeah, I haven't figured out how to kill that. I make take another stab at it.

So far we know Screenshots dont work with Pen.

I also know, which hasnt been reported, that the voice memo feature in the Camera will not but it doesnt F/C, just says app not installed.

Scott

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the lightest ROM I could build. I did this as a request and a challenge just to see how lite I could make it.

Most everything Note Related (S-Pen), Google Related, Samsung Related, and Verizon related is GONE.

This is a one shot ROM, meaning no add-ons will be made. You use it like it is or you can flash a more main stream ROM like the standard edition of CleanROM.

Features
    • Beta quality
    • Rooted
    • 715 Megabytes
    • Stock Launcher
    • Weather Widget
    • Not meant to be used as a daily driver

Download Here: CleanROM-ULE-1.0.zip - 715.26 MB
    Wow, only 25 downloads but those that chimed in actually seem to like it.

For me... Its probably a little too lite for my taste and i will stick with CleanROM Standard.

I will however contiunue to udpate and improve this ROM as is feasible.
    Hopefully this thread doesn't get filled with posts about apps that are missing or not working. Please read the op if you are going to flash.
    Hi Scot
    I have used the modems on my note2. That collection was very useful.
    Can you please make flashable zip files with the mj7 mje and the mj3 modems for the n3.
    I appreciate it
    Abe

It doesnt work on this device like that. Sorry.

Have to check it out.

Nah, its the same to me.

Scott is this for MJE? I assume yes but just double checking

It will

Op: I took out all Note related files, to clarify, that means S-Pen.

S-Pen will not work.

I may make adjustments to functions as we go though.... I had fun just making it like this. So let the thread fill up with bugs and in a couple days I will decide which way to go with it.