[MOD] 4.4.2 Multilanguages packs (XT1053, XT1052)

Search This thread

_ghiottone

Sep 21, 2012
Miskolc
logout.hu
Dear Moto X Owners!

There is a Multilanguage pack, which is a flashable zip. Originally the modification is made for the mobilarena.hu Motorola Moto X community, and first contained only the Hungarian language but I decided that is possible to add the majority of languages (37 new language)

+ I use the languages files from the European firmware (thanks sanez), modified the first version of Multilang package and here it is the US_EU Multilang package :D

The packages works only on 161.44.25.en.US rom.

Flash via custom recovery - with install zip command.
Made for the 161.44.25.ghost_row.Retail.en.US ROM If you flash any other official rom you may have a bootloop! Used with unlocked Bootloader only!

- Extra features (active display, touchless control etc.) remained in original English language.
- Used the Nexus 4 application folders (values, xmls, etc) for the modifications.
- I dont touch the camera and the calendar apps, because it is often updated.
- With the modified application the updates will not work. Here it is the original apps - flash via cwm. - When it roll out a Motorola Moto X firmware update you need to flash the original files, and update it via OTA.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

The packages works only on 163.43.3.ghost_row.Retail.en.GB rom.
This rom was in my Moto X when i bought from expansys.

Made for the 163.43.3.ghost_row.Retail.en.GB ROM If you flash any other official rom you may have a bootloop! Used with unlocked Bootloader only!

Here it is the 163.43.3.en.GB Multilang Pack

With the modified application the updates will not work. Here it is the original apps - flash via cwm. - When it roll out a Motorola Moto X firmware update you need to flash the original files, and update it via OTA.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

The packages works only on 161.44.16.ghost_row.Retail.en.GB rom.

Made for the 161.44.16.ghost_row.Retail.en.GB ROM If you flash any other official rom you may have a bootloop! Used with unlocked Bootloader only!

Here it is the 161.44.16.en.GB Multilang Pack

With the modified application the updates will not work. Here it is the original apps - flash via cwm. - When it roll out a Motorola Moto X firmware update you need to flash the original files, and update it via OTA.

I do not take any responsibility. Use at your own risk.

If you liked this modification press the thank button or the Donate button. ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-26-21-56-48.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-26-21-56-48.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 613
  • Screenshot_2014-02-26-21-57-00.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-26-21-57-00.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 525
  • Screenshot_2014-02-26-21-57-14.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-26-21-57-14.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 466
  • Screenshot_2014-02-26-22-08-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-26-22-08-11.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 435
Last edited:

sanez

Sep 21, 2005
Dear Moto X Owners!

There is a Multilanguage pack, which is a flashable zip. Originally the modification is made for the mobilarena.hu Motorola Moto X community, and first contained only the Hungarian language but I decided that is possible to add the majority of languages (37 new language)

Made for the 161.44.25.ghost_row.Retail.en.US ROM If you flash any other official rom you may have a bootloop! Used with unlocked Bootloader only!

- Extra features (active display, touchless control etc.) remained in original English language.
- Used the Nexus 4 application folders (values, xmls, etc) for the modifications.
- With the modified application the updates will not work. Here it is the original apps - flash via cwm. - When it roll out a Motorola Moto X firmware update you need to flash the original files, and update it via OTA.

Why not to use all the apps from european firmware? This could let working active screen and touchless control, isn't it?
I know that those apps have limited language translation, but anyway some more than US firmware.
I'm running now on a european firmware and languages and all the apps are fine. I would like anyway to use us_retail firmware and this mod on my US devices.

Here the list of available languages on RETAIL-EU_GHOST_KLA20.16-2.16 firmware. All motorola apps including touch-less control works german and italian too. Don't know if some more... But this should solve problem for updates from play, at least for these languages.
If it works, i would like to make a flashable firmware based on US retail FW for all the europeans that bought their moto x from USA.

here the fw version Blur_Version.161.44.16.ghost_row.Retail.en.EU

Attachments

• eu_values_list.jpg
    eu_values_list.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:

_ghiottone

Sep 21, 2012
Miskolc
logout.hu
Why not to use all the apps from european firmware? This could let working active screen and touchless control, isn't it?
I know that those apps have limited language translation, but anyway some more than US firmware.
I'm running now on a european firmware and languages and all the apps are fine. I would like anyway to use us_retail firmware and this mod on my US devices.

Here the list of available languages on RETAIL-EU_GHOST_KLA20.16-2.16 firmware. All motorola apps including touch-less control works german and italian too. Don't know if some more... But this should solve problem for updates from play, at least for these languages.
If it works, i would like to make a flashable firmware based on US retail FW for all the europeans that bought their moto x from USA.

here the fw version Blur_Version.161.44.16.ghost_row.Retail.en.EU

Its simple: I dont have the apps from the retail.en.EU, only the Developer Edition rom apps. And adding the Hungarian language was the main reason. Send me the apps and I integrate to this modification.

sanez

Sep 21, 2005
You send the apps, but the framework wasnt there in the package. What do you want with the framework?

Here the framework apk included on EU firmware. I didn't send because I thought was not necessary.

My problem with framewark-res.apk is that i don't now exactly how to edit it.
I'm doing this way, using TMO framework:
1st decompiling framework
2nd editing (here i only push raw and values folder with languages to be included; there's some other file to push or edit??).
3rd re-compiling
4th signing
5th zipaligning

None of the framework i built worked. at boot i can see pop up saying android upgrading and after short time, the screen becomes black.
I've tried to search how to fix and i guess the problem is the signature. So i tried to inject signature files took from your framework but din't solve.

Attachments

• framework-res.7z
    5.6 MB · Views: 8

_ghiottone

Sep 21, 2012
Miskolc
logout.hu
Here the framework apk included on EU firmware. I didn't send because I thought was not necessary.

My problem with framewark-res.apk is that i don't now exactly how to edit it.
I'm doing this way, using TMO framework:
1st decompiling framework
2nd editing (here i only push raw and values folder with languages to be included; there's some other file to push or edit??).
3rd re-compiling
4th signing
5th zipaligning

None of the framework i built worked. at boot i can see pop up saying android upgrading and after short time, the screen becomes black.
I've tried to search how to fix and i guess the problem is the signature. So i tried to inject signature files took from your framework but din't solve.

Are you use the advanced apktool that i mentioned on the Moto G thread? I think you overcomplicated. If you use the advancedapktool you must copy the necessery systemUI.pk + framework-res.apk to the 1. folder (DB-freak i quess) and after you install the framework-res.apk and everything works properly.

sanez

Sep 21, 2005
Are you use the advanced apktool that i mentioned on the Moto G thread? I think you overcomplicated. If you use the advancedapktool you must copy the necessery systemUI.pk + framework-res.apk to the 1. folder (DB-freak i quess) and after you install the framework-res.apk and everything works properly.

Yes, i'm using advanced apktool and OK, i didn't know that and put framework-res only. But it is right to copy only values folder on decompiled framework? No other editing on it before compile again? And what about signature?

Sent from my XT1052dev using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

_ghiottone

Sep 21, 2012
Miskolc
logout.hu
Yes, i'm using advanced apktool and OK, i didn't know that and put framework-res only. But it is right to copy only values folder on decompiled framework? No other editing on it before compile again? And what about signature?

Sent from my XT1052dev using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes. I decompile add the folders, recompile - if I got error I see the log and repair, modify, delete, etc. and after when the new .apk file is done I copy from the original apk's Androidmanifest.xml and META-INF folder (to tell the truth the program automatice made that, but I dont trust), no need to sign the apps.

shadowbob

Feb 4, 2014
Mykolaiv
change language in stock dialer

Thanks a lot! Ziped my ROM and now have Russian. All works well, but no russian letters in stock dialer. I've used contacts+ dialer before and hoped adding russian into stock dialer upon using your mod. Any ideas how I can add russian into stock dialer?

_ghiottone

Sep 21, 2012
Miskolc
logout.hu
Thanks a lot! Ziped my ROM and now have Russian. All works well, but no russian letters in stock dialer. I've used contacts+ dialer before and hoped adding russian into stock dialer upon using your mod. Any ideas how I can add russian into stock dialer?

You mean cirill letters instead of ABC? Every other settings in dialer russian but I think this is not possible yet- I didnt see in the stock N4 rom.

can u add italian language to T mobile 4.4.2 firmware?
thank u

Sorry, but no. I dont have Moto X, and there is so difficult to share a modification pack which I didnt tested. Too risky.

danger2u

Jan 24, 2010
You mean cirill letters instead of ABC? Every other settings in dialer russian but I think this is not possible yet- I didnt see in the stock N4 rom.

Sorry, but no. I dont have Moto X, and there is so difficult to share a modification pack which I didnt tested. Too risky.

how did a guide if u don t have a Moto x?

Inviato dal mio XT1052 utilizzando Tapatalk

_ghiottone

Sep 21, 2012
Miskolc
logout.hu
how did a guide if u don t have a Moto x?

I get lucky ;) I have Moto G, and the multilang pack, the method is very similar. In the Hungarian Moto X forum asked me, try to add the hungarian language that I made earlier for the G. They send me the necessery files, and when i done test the modifications. Evreything works fine and than I share.

danger2u

Jan 24, 2010
I get lucky ;) I have Moto G, and the multilang pack, the method is very similar. In the Hungarian Moto X forum asked me, try to add the hungarian language that I made earlier for the G. They send me the necessery files, and when i done test the modifications. Evreything works fine and than I share.

so if i understand well,if u modify some files it will work on others model of Moto x

_ghiottone

Sep 21, 2012
Miskolc
logout.hu
so if i understand well,if u modify some files it will work on others model of Moto x

No, there is not so simple. Every firmware, every framework-res.apk and the apps are unique and different. This is the reason why I post in which firmware do you use the pack. Every firmware needs an other multilingual pack and I dont have time to do that. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear Moto X Owners!

+ I use the languages files from the European firmware (thanks sanez), modified the first version of Multilang package and here it is the US_EU Multilang package :D

The packages works only on 161.44.25.en.US rom.

The packages works only on 163.43.3.ghost_row.Retail.en.GB rom.
    This rom was in my Moto X when i bought from expansys.

Made for the 163.43.3.ghost_row.Retail.en.GB ROM If you flash any other official rom you may have a bootloop! Used with unlocked Bootloader only!

Here it is the 163.43.3.en.GB Multilang Pack

The packages works only on 161.44.16.ghost_row.Retail.en.GB rom.

Made for the 161.44.16.ghost_row.Retail.en.GB ROM If you flash any other official rom you may have a bootloop! Used with unlocked Bootloader only!

Here it is the 161.44.16.en.GB Multilang Pack

I use that files from the European firmware, modified the first version of Multilang package and here it is the new US_EU Multilang package :D

Works only on 161.44.25.en.US rom.
    Thanks for the works. Waiting on the T-Mobile USA 4.4.3 multilang package if available.

I waiting for the 4.4.4 firmware for EU XT1052 and then if somebody send me XT1053 system dump I'll make.
    Test version 4.4.3 Multilang

Blur_Version.212.44.21.ghost_row.Retail.en.US Multilang pack here - flash via recovery. & here the original files to reflash if something, maybe, eventually :D not working :)