[Q] Post-Flash Issues (Rebooting, Cannot Send Texts)

Search This thread

TPMX

Jul 16, 2012
Hello everyone! Thank you for your time.

I have a AT&T HTC One from launch day. I recently flashed the AT&T stock ROM for 4.4.2 over an old 4.2 Google Play Edition ROM for my phone. I used ADB Sideload in TWRP 2.5 to do so. I also rooted. After flashing, I was fine for about a day, but then two issues occurred.

1) I can no longer send texts. I receive them fine and the phone works otherwise for calls, Wi-Fi, data, etc. but nobody I've texted is receiving texts. I've tried using a third-party client and the built in one.

2) If I reboot the phone, the phone will boot up normally, work for about a minute or two, then reboot again. This cycle repeats until I flash again. Clearing the caches does not help. I'm still able to access everything until it reboots and getting into the Settings menu seems to prevent this issue from occurring, but I have no idea why this is happening.

I know I can always flash another ROM and those seem to work fine, but I'd really like to stick with stock or a similar-stock experience where I can root. Anyone that can recommend a solution or a ROM that's close to stock would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita

I have a AT&T HTC One from launch day. I recently flashed the AT&T stock ROM for 4.4.2 over an old 4.2 Google Play Edition ROM for my phone. I used ADB Sideload in TWRP 2.5 to do so. I also rooted. After flashing, I was fine for about a day, but then two issues occurred.

1) I can no longer send texts. I receive them fine and the phone works otherwise for calls, Wi-Fi, data, etc. but nobody I've texted is receiving texts. I've tried using a third-party client and the built in one.

2) If I reboot the phone, the phone will boot up normally, work for about a minute or two, then reboot again. This cycle repeats until I flash again. Clearing the caches does not help. I'm still able to access everything until it reboots and getting into the Settings menu seems to prevent this issue from occurring, but I have no idea why this is happening.

I know I can always flash another ROM and those seem to work fine, but I'd really like to stick with stock or a similar-stock experience where I can root. Anyone that can recommend a solution or a ROM that's close to stock would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Did you change your MID & CID back to stock? Did you flash the stock AT&T firmware? You can get the latest from this post.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida

Your recovery is also very old ..flash TWRP 2.6.3.3 or newer
do a full wipe when going from GPE to Sense 6

TPMX

Jul 16, 2012
Did you change your MID & CID back to stock? Did you flash the stock AT&T firmware? You can get the latest from this post.

I didn't, but I never changed it to begin with. When I flashed the GPE, did it change that?

Your recovery is also very old ..flash TWRP 2.6.3.3 or newer
do a full wipe when going from GPE to Sense 6

I'll flash the new recovery then. Thank you! Also I did do a full wipe, same issues occur.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I didn't, but I never changed it to begin with. When I flashed the GPE, did it change that?

I'll flash the new recovery then. Thank you! Also I did do a full wipe, same issues occur.

You can tell the GPE firmware by the Black bootloader screen.
new recovery and reflash rom and you should be in good shape

Reactions: TPMX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Updating the recovery helped me reflash the ROM without issue and I'm up and running! Thank you very much!