Search This thread

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
1. Odin this fie, using PDA section:
http://adrynalyne.us/files/odin/cwm_recovery_test4_adryn.tar

2. Download this file and put it on the root of your sdcard:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2056318/update.zip

3. Boot to recovery, either from manual three button method (down, up vol +power) or using something like quick boot on the market.

4. Apply update.zip.

5. Profit!

bubby323
imnuts
Logan302
Trailblazer
jt1134 (his update.zip, very awesome)

use at your own risk. I am not responsible for anything you do to your device!

Attachments

• cwm_recovery_test4_adryn.tar
    5.3 MB · Views: 1,915
Last edited by a moderator:

kdoweb1

Feb 6, 2007
OK I'm in trouble now, I odin the first file and copy the update.zip to the sc card. After I do a manual boot to the boot loader the camera button does not activate anything I can not start the update.zip or reboot. If I pull the battery and reboot it just boot back to the boot loader again. Please advice I need my phone back soon.

Thanks

Update:
if I odin the "cont_cwm_recovery_2.tar.md5" file from the other post the camera button will activate the update.zip but got some error but reboot just fine. I think the odin file made in this post is for device that has the home button on the phone and no camera button map. Still no CWM but at least the phone boots normally now.:eek:

Last edited:

trailblazer101

Dec 17, 2010
Pennsylvania
OK I'm in trouble now, I odin the first file and copy the update.zip to the sc card. After I do a manual boot to the boot loader the camera button does not activate anything I can not start the update.zip or reboot. If I pull the battery and reboot it just boot back to the boot loader again. Please advice I need my phone back soon.

Thanks

Update:
if I odin the "cont_cwm_recovery_2.tar.md5" file from the other post the camera button will activate the update.zip but got some error but reboot just fine. I think the odin file made in this post is for device that has the home button on the phone and no camera button map. Still no CWM but at least the phone boots normally now.:eek:

Lol... Flash the original recovery that is in this post again... Then use the soft key pad (all the way to the left) to make selections... The camera button is no longer used...

Last edited:

remotehunger

Oct 8, 2009
houston,tx
can yyou say HE FREAKED OUT! LOL!! flash orignal VZ image your good if you dont know what your doing unless you can afford a new phone i would research and play with an old phone first..

kdoweb1

Feb 6, 2007
OK, I odin back the test 4 file and apply the update.zip install the rom manager form the market place and flash CWM 2.5.0.4 but how can boot to CWM?

Last edited:

kdoweb1

Feb 6, 2007
kdoweb1

Check this post the first link gives step by on how to get CWR installed and the 2nd how to install the ROM.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11188059&postcount=17

Thank you, I'll give it a try when I get home. What is the difference between official version of ClockworkMod Recovery for Samsung Continuum rather than a custom port made by adrynalyne? From what I can gather from the read is that the official will boot directly to CWM everytime rather than having to apply the update.zip to boot it CWM? In any case I'm much more comfortable flashing ROMs and kernel now that I can do backup in CWM.

Thanks again

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Ok... I got this to install and I am able to apply the update and get into clockwork recovery. How do I get it only load CWR each time now instead of the factory recovery?

I keep having to use the default recovery to get into CWR...

I love the fact i am finally able to make a solid backup of this damn phone though!

dfgged

Nov 13, 2010
Ok... I got this to install and I am able to apply the update and get into clockwork recovery. How do I get it only load CWR each time now instead of the factory recovery?

I keep having to use the default recovery to get into CWR...

I love the fact i am finally able to make a solid backup of this damn phone though!

The only way to get that to happen, is to apply a voodoo kernal.

Sent from my space time Continuum using the XDA App.

dfgged

Nov 13, 2010
I tried to boot it using both volume keys. Now it's stuck in a bootloop saying something like "miscooperation"

oops, i hit the thanks button >.< oh well...
Anyway, did you do a battery pull after you activated voodoo? You had to let it convert your whole system! I don't know what else could be wrong.

Last edited:

dfgged

Nov 13, 2010
Yeah.. I let it convert.. it booted up fine when done. I then shut it off and tried to reboot and go into the CWR menu. It then boot looped. I was able to manually get to CWR through the stock menu and am in the process of restoring right now....

oh... Well, that's good at least.

5thAgent

Feb 15, 2010
Lutz, FL
Signature verification fail on update.zip

Edit:
Downloaded update.zip from addictive tips. Booted into the red colored clockwork once. Flashed DL17 Root Deodex etc. Can't boot into that recovery again. Been trying and trying.

Last edited:

jlt8604

Jul 3, 2009
Frisco
AWFUL

So I did everything as instructed and used odin to flash recovery. now I'm trying to get CWM on my device going into boot mood. Error message says signature failed and that "update.zip gone" HELP!!!

odpz

Jun 13, 2009
jlt8604

I would copy the update.zip again on the root of your sdcard and try the manual recovery procedure.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Odin this fie, using PDA section:
    http://adrynalyne.us/files/odin/cwm_recovery_test4_adryn.tar

2. Download this file and put it on the root of your sdcard:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2056318/update.zip

3. Boot to recovery, either from manual three button method (down, up vol +power) or using something like quick boot on the market.

4. Apply update.zip.

5. Profit!

bubby323
    imnuts
    Logan302
    Trailblazer
    jt1134 (his update.zip, very awesome)

use at your own risk. I am not responsible for anything you do to your device!
    I tried to boot it using both volume keys. Now it's stuck in a bootloop saying something like "miscooperation"
    awesome thanks, if i missed those instructions in the posts i apologize, last ones i saw with any "solution" was the hope you get lucky one lol. Now based on what i've read here (and sorry for the questions. I wasnt planning on rooting her {the fiances phone} until she told me how much she even hated bing). i have to keep the update.zip on the access clockwork each time correct, rom manager is still dead as far as rebooting to cw recovery for the continuum.

PS addrenylyn coming over from the droid to tbolt, to see your work on the bolt and now the continuum you have quickly become may favorite developer since i was a Peter alfonso bugless beast fan.

yes update.zip needs to stay on the sd card,,, and in some cases you need to replace the stock kernel to keep re-entering clockwork,,,if you boot again and it wont let you into clockwork then you need to flash cwm with odin again, and to make it permanent you will need adrynalynes test kernel to replace the stock one to make cwm stick.