[TOOL][ROMDEV] working baksmali for honeycomb

Search This thread

Roach2010

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
I recently made a discovery regarding the RETURN_VOID_BARRIER issues encountered while trying to deodex honeycomb's framework. Here is a working version of baksmali based on JesusFreke's 1.2.7 patch with the difference that it now produces compliant smali code that can be recompiled by smali.jar 1.2.6. This means that there is no need to edit the smali code to be able to recompile it.

I tried recompiling with smali 1.2.7 and got a nice box of bootloops so stick with 1.2.6 until a proper fix is implemented in the official smali tools.

Attachments

• baksmali-1.2.7-dev_roach.zip
    664.1 KB · Views: 862
Last edited:

Boushh

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 19, 2008
Portland, OR
Thanks! This was most useful for my project today!

I'm really amazed more people haven't noticed/commented on this TBH.

Reactions: sert00

jim_panse

Jul 14, 2010
Chemnitz, Saxony
NetworkLocation.odex still give errors. :(

Thats the error:

Code:
Error occured while loading boot class path files. Aborting.
org.jf.dexlib.Code.Analysis.ClassPath$ClassNotFoundException: Could not find superclass Lcom/android/location/provider/GeocodeProvider;
        at org.jf.dexlib.Code.Analysis.ClassPath$ClassDef.loadSuperclass(ClassPath.java:784)
        at org.jf.dexlib.Code.Analysis.ClassPath$ClassDef.<init>(ClassPath.java:668)
        at org.jf.dexlib.Code.Analysis.ClassPath.loadClassDef(ClassPath.java:280)
        at org.jf.dexlib.Code.Analysis.ClassPath.initClassPath(ClassPath.java:163)
        at org.jf.dexlib.Code.Analysis.ClassPath.InitializeClassPathFromOdex(ClassPath.java:110)
        at org.jf.baksmali.baksmali.disassembleDexFile(baksmali.java:104)
        at org.jf.baksmali.main.main(main.java:282)
Error while loading class Lcom/google/android/location/GeocodeProvider; from file NetworkLocation.odex
Error while loading ClassPath class Lcom/google/android/location/GeocodeProvider;

Last edited:

taha_e

Oct 25, 2010
Bangkok
I'm also getting errors on galaxy tab 10.1, framework was done without any problem but many of system app can not deodex

fallingup

Mar 21, 2006
New Mexico
trying to download this file, it downloads as a zip, shouldnt it be a jar? I have tried renaming it to jar and it says its corrupt. help?

fallingup

Mar 21, 2006
New Mexico
It's a zip of a jar file. The jar file is a zip like format, so maybe whatever you are using to unzip is a bit aggressive? Try something milder ;)

sent from my cyanogen(mod) vision

Thanks for gettin me outta my n00b moment ;) silly osx unzipped it and made it seem like just one zip file, its been too long since ive done any dev work on my mac

gee one

Jul 29, 2010
linux command line
Yeah, it happens. When I want to peek at something on my mac, sometimes it goes into a loop where it unzips to a tar.gz and then when I try to open that, it opens up a zip. Infinite loop!

It works fine from the terminal command line and zipeg seems to do a good job.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recently made a discovery regarding the RETURN_VOID_BARRIER issues encountered while trying to deodex honeycomb's framework. Here is a working version of baksmali based on JesusFreke's 1.2.7 patch with the difference that it now produces compliant smali code that can be recompiled by smali.jar 1.2.6. This means that there is no need to edit the smali code to be able to recompile it.

I tried recompiling with smali 1.2.7 and got a nice box of bootloops so stick with 1.2.6 until a proper fix is implemented in the official smali tools.
    Thanks! This was most useful for my project today!

I'm really amazed more people haven't noticed/commented on this TBH.
    its the contents of a .jar file...

It's a zip of a jar file. The jar file is a zip like format, so maybe whatever you are using to unzip is a bit aggressive? Try something milder ;)