[ROM] (4/15/12) KlassicROM 2.3.6 for YP-G1 USA + INTL [R5: FINAL]

Search This thread

Se7enex

Dec 14, 2011
Shirley, IN
AWESOME.

So far SO good. This is a major improvement over the last version I used. Awesome work Klin. Do you know if the ROM toolbox app that lets you theme from the app itself is compatible? I used UOT Kitchen last time but It bootlooped me :/

EDIT: Once again I'm having the bluetooth issue...It refuses to turn on. Is anyone else having problems with bluetooth?

Last edited:

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
So far SO good. This is a major improvement over the last version I used. Awesome work Klin. Do you know if the ROM toolbox app that lets you theme from the app itself is compatible? I used UOT Kitchen last time but It bootlooped me :/

EDIT: Once again I'm having the bluetooth issue...It refuses to turn on. Is anyone else having problems with bluetooth?

I'm not sure what app you're talking about.. But with uot kitchen make sure you extract the files directly from the device itself and don't use framework files from another rom.
I never used bluetooth before so I just noticed this issue. Do you have an USA player or intl? Maybe the intl players don't have this problem.
I'll need to look into it.

Sent using Tapatalk

Reactions: iJimaniac

Se7enex

Dec 14, 2011
Shirley, IN
I'm not sure what app you're talking about.. But with uot kitchen make sure you extract the files directly from the device itself and don't use framework files from another rom.
I never used bluetooth before so I just noticed this issue. Do you have an USA player or intl? Maybe the intl players don't have this problem.
I'll need to look into it.

Sent using Tapatalk

US. It really would be great to get it working lol it's the only thing that is bugging me. As for the app it is called ROM Toolbox and it directly modifies the files so I'd assume it will work.

Is there any part of the theme files that you didn't modify? Hopefully if I avoid the ones you haven't touched I'll be okay modding it a bit.

I just rebooted and now both bluetooth and wifi are working just fine. I wonder what it is that bugs it off on random restarts??

Last edited:

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
The theme files are just the ones that you need to upload to uot to get a theme.
They are systemui.apk, framework-res.apk, and twframework-res.apk.

Sent using Tapatalk

Se7enex

Dec 14, 2011
Shirley, IN
Right. However was there anything you didn't modify in it or is it ALL custom? Last time I themed over yours (random stuff) I got bricked. I was just wondering if you can recall leaving anything alone?

fromnowon

Mar 20, 2012
Hi,Klin~
I uploaded both two apk files to UOT as to get a AOSP lockscreen,and I chose the update-binary as 'Type Galaxy'.However nothing changed after I flashed that modified zip :(
How did you achieve that locksreen style?
Thx

BTW:Is twframework-res.apk necessary to upload?

Last edited:

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
Hi,Klin~
I uploaded both two apk files to UOT as to get a AOSP lockscreen,and I chose the update-binary as 'Type Galaxy'.However nothing changed after I flashed that modified zip :(
How did you achieve that locksreen style?
Thx

BTW:Is twframework-res.apk necessary to upload?

Try uploading all 3 files and choose the default edify scripting. I've experienced that problem too before. If it doesn't work, then just extract the files from the uot zip and use root explorer to copy them to the right places and set permissions to rw-r--r--.

Sent using Tapatalk

Reactions: fromnowon

fromnowon

Mar 20, 2012
Try uploading all 3 files and choose the default edify scripting. I've experienced that problem too before. If it doesn't work, then just extract the files from the uot zip and use root explorer to copy them to the right places and set permissions to rw-r--r--.

Sent using Tapatalk

Thx.I will try.It really bothers me...:)

axvk97

Jan 22, 2012
Ogden, Utah
On R4, when I install a custom UOT theme, on the lockscreen is a plus sign button looking icon and a ton of icons are showing up in the wrong places. On the internet browser, the address bar has a blue text selection button. In the "Power" menu, the battery icons i chose for the theme show up on "recovery, download, and reboot" icons. After you make r6 could you try and figure out why r4 does this? Thanks :)

Last edited:

Se7enex

Dec 14, 2011
Shirley, IN
Red Flag.

Whenever I browse the internet, (especially when I have multiple tabs open) it freezes. The whole device becomes inoperable and I have to do a hard reset. This never happened to me before this ROM. Are there any internet tweaks you have included I could safely turn off? This is the only real issue I have now :/

US,r5,tried opera, dolphin and firefox. Tried the default internet app and it didnt freeze my device but it was using a whopping 50% of the cpu with only one page attempting to load.

Last edited:

Wheatly

Oct 30, 2011
Whenever I browse the internet, (especially when I have multiple tabs open) it freezes. The whole device becomes inoperable and I have to do a hard reset. This never happened to me before this ROM. Are there any internet tweaks you have included I could safely turn off? This is the only real issue I have now :/

US,r5,tried opera, dolphin and firefox. Tried the default internet app and it didnt freeze my device but it was using a whopping 50% of the cpu with only one page attempting to load.

You are not the only one. It seems to do that to CPU consuming games too.

Se7enex

Dec 14, 2011
Shirley, IN
You are not the only one. It seems to do that to CPU consuming games too.

Yeah I couldn't get NFS Hot Pursuit to run at all it also froze up the whole system. I'm even overclocked to 1.2. Although I noticed if you run it with chainfire using low settings it will work. That's however a temporary fix and hopefully the sporadic bluetooth and this odd cpu issue will be resolved by r6.

Last edited:

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
Yeah I couldn't get NFS Hot Pursuit to run at all it also froze up the whole system. I'm even overclocked to 1.2. Although I noticed if you run it with chainfire using low settings it will work. That's however a temporary fix and hopefully the sporadic bluetooth and this odd cpu issue will be resolved by r6.

I'll look into it and see what I can do. I've also been noticing that temple run lags pretty badly now, even if I over clock it. But I'm almost positive that these are kernel related issues, not rom related.

Sent using Tapatalk

Se7enex

Dec 14, 2011
Shirley, IN
I'll look into it and see what I can do. I've also been noticing that temple run lags pretty badly now, even if I over clock it. But I'm almost positive that these are kernel related issues, not rom related.

Sent using Tapatalk

I appreciate it this is the only thing I have electronic wise so having the internet working right and games would be awesome! Thanks.

EDIT: I went into CPU settings and made it always run at 1200. I also changed the i/o scheduler to cfq which seems to make things a lot better. However I would imagine constantly running at overclock speed could be damaging but this helps out a bit. The browser still hickups but doesnt freeze too much anymore and I actually managed to launch NFS (slow and very glitchy though).

Last edited:

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
Hi klin,

Hate to make a me too post but I've experienced a similar issue. I was browsing on Dolphin and when I attempted to view a video on ESPN, it went wonky. Everything just super lagged and touch response was near unusable.

I rebooted and tried again, this time the video worked but when I went to another webpage, everything lagged again, including my home page and app drawer. My CPU is set at 100/1200 with the sio scheduler, same as I used with R4.

I've gone back to R4 with Steve's kernel at this point and everything is running well. Hopefully, you'll figure it out. Thanks.

Mike T

Dark_Balor

Oct 22, 2008

Sent using Tapatalk

I relaunch the superCharger script, because the value you set weren't the same as the one as the script calculated

Try with 8,12,37,44,51,57 (in Mb) and 2048,3072,9472,11264,13056,14592 in Pages (order : Foreground app, Visible app, Secondary server, Hidden app, Service, Empty app)

I'm also using no-frill cpu to set the scheduler to (v)R and the governator to SmartassV2 with a min 100Mhz and max 1.2Ghz

Now the device is stable, I just have to empty manually the memory before launching temple run.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Klin's Klassic 2.3.6 ROM for Galaxy Player 4.0 USA + INTL​
    Latest Version: R5

Future updates now managed by hanthesolo here

I have done the best I could with this ROM, and it has been a great learning experience for me. Unfortunately, I don't have time to continue to release new versions, and I feel it's easier if I just mod my own ROM I am using to my personal use. That way I can customize it the way I want without having to suit the needs of others, and I don't have to deal with those who are ungrateful and take any help from XDA for granted. But once CM7 (big thanks to tdmcode) becomes fairly stable, I *might* consider using it as a base and creating a new custom ROM for the public. But for now, I am no longer developing ROMs, but I will still continue my kernel. (BTW, R2 changes are already on GitHub, just need to compile them now)
    Well, still, thanks to all those who supported my first custom ROM! :)

I've been working on a new ROM, and instead of updating Klassic I will start over completely with a newer and different ROM. Hanthesolo has taken over and will be using my ROMs as a base for his.

As I was messing with my Galaxy Player, I discovered that ROMs for these devices can be swapped between the INTL and USA versions as long as you have the right kernel. This ROM is based off of 2.3.6 XXKPQ for the International YP-G1 but can work for the USA version too. Enjoy :)

Features (Initial Release):
    - Gingerbread 2.3.6
    - Rooted
    - Overscroll Glow
    - Transparent StatusBar
    - CRT Screen-off Animation
    - ICS Transitions (Note: Use ADW Launcher to get full ICS Transition effects; using Touchwiz will only give you partial effects)
    - Custom StatusBar Icons
    - Custom Battery Icon
    - Roboto (ICS) font
    - Custom Themed (Can use UOT kitchen to create your own theme)
    - Various build.prop tweaks for performance and battery life.
    - De-odexed
    - I9000 Apps Compatibility MOD (Can see more apps in the Market)
    - Supercharged with V6 Supercharger with Die-Hard Launcher! (Credits go to zeppelinrox for creating the script. You can download and run the script again to customize settings yourself )
    - Includes Stock Samsung and Swype Keyboard
    - Includes stock Touchwiz Launcher

Changelogs:
    R2:
    - Super Smooth Scrolling MOD
    - Improved theme
    - Touchwiz 4.5 (finally have a version that is fairly stable on our devices)
    - Semi-transparent dock
    - SGS2 Widgets
    - New wallpaper in Wallpaper Gallery

R2.1
    - Beats Audio MOD (credits to RockoDev and fuss132) Use with Voodoo Sound for superb sound playback!
    - ShareApp.apk installed

R3
    - Advanced powermenu; added Reboot, Recovery, and Download (Thanks Meticulus for helping me sort out some issues)
    - Updated hosts file that blocks ads
    - Improve touch responsiveness MOD (credits to fuss132)
    - More build.prop tweaks
    - Meticulus' "DeviceId" hack (fixes some apps; thank him not me :))

R4
    Now supports INTL players! Flash Steves kernel and then R4 WITHOUT wiping data. Just wipe cache and dalvik cache. (Goes for both INTL and USA devices)
    - Reverted to 2.3.5 G1UEKI8.
    - Updated theme
    - Custom bootanimation support; download any bootanimation.zip, rename it to sanim.zip, place in /system/media/, set correct permissions and reboot (thanks to Meticulus' 'animod')
    - Galaxy Nexus boot animation
    - Centered StatusBar Clock
    - Removed TouchWiz 4.5 due to it being unstable
    - Inludes my Modified TouchWiz 3.0
    - Super smooth spinners MOD
    - 14 StatusBar Toggles (credits to lidroid) Note: Flashlight doesn't work and will result in a fc, so don't use it. Use QuickPanelSettings to customize toggles
    - Still includes Advanced Power Menu
    - AOSP Lockscreen (you can use UOT Kitchen's lockscreen section to theme)
    - Menu key to unlock screen
    - Removed "No Carrier" from lock screen
    - Settings.apk from a I9000 ROM with more options; 'call settings' doesn't work
    - DSP Manager from CM7
    - Zipaligned/Batch Optimized
    - MIUI Music Player
    - Google Talk with Video Chat
    - Restored build.prop to YP-G1
    - Removed Meticulus' "DeviceId" hack because it only works on 2.3.6
    - Still has all MODS from previous versions of Klassic that are not mentioned here

R4.1
    - Added MIUI Music Player that I accidentally forgot in R4

R5
    - Re-based on 2.3.6 XXKPQ firmware for compatibility with INTL versions
    - Total ICS theme (some parts ported from Vertumus ICS Domination)
    - Debloated - Removed several Google Apps that you can get from the Market
    - EXT4 filesystem
    - Includes my custom kernel, which is based on STeVE's and supports EXT4
    - Removed Beats Audio Mod because of video playback issues
    - Supercharged with V6 Supercharger using init.d
    - Various init.d scripts for better performance
    - LOTS of build.prop tweaks
    - Removed bootanimation support (will be included with next release of kernel)

Links:
    All releases are here: http://www.mediafire.com/?fketh01nz1gsq

Installation Instructions in 2nd Post

Special thanks to:
    - zeppelinrox for his V6 Supercharger
    - SteveS for his custom kernel
    - Choucas06 for making a dump of the 2.3.6 firmware a while ago.
    - Entropy512, rumirand, Meticulus, and many others not mentioned here.
    - XDA for this forum
    - Lastly, thank YOU for being part of this community.

If you like my ROM, please click 'thanks'. It keeps me encouraged to continue to share my work. :)

Please don't post errors or issues unless you have DONE A WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET and still have those issues. Seriously, a simple reset can solve all sorts of problems.
    How to Install:

WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DO SOMETHING DUMB AND BRICK YOUR DEVICE. You are flashing at your own risk. Thank you.

Note: If you are updating from a previous version of Klassic, you most likely do not need to wipe data/factory reset, but still wipe cache and dalvik-cache for best results.

1. Install the appropriate Steve's kernel for your device (USA or INTL) from here and make a CWM backup just in case anything goes wrong.
    2. Download the file klassic_2.3.6.rar from the download link.
    3. Extract the .rar file.
    4. Boot into download mode and connect to your PC. Make sure you have Kies installed so you have the USB Drivers.
    4. Open Odin, check the PDA box and select klassic_2.3.6.tar.
    5. Do NOT use a PIT file or select repartition.
    6. Click start, and wait for it to finish flashing.
    7. After flashing, boot into CWM recovery, 'wipe cache partition', and 'wipe dalvik cache'. This is VERY important and can fix bootlooping.
    8. It is recommended to do a 'wipe data/factory data reset', but if you don't have any problems with the new ROM then you don't have to.
    9. Reboot, and now you have your new ROM!
    If you appreciate my work and want to encourage me to keep developing, don't post "thanks", just click it! ;)
    Updated to R5.
    No more future releases. See OP for details.