[APP] Smart Screen ON

Search This thread

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011

After the success of Smart Screen OFF, I decided to publish another app called Smart Screen ON available in LITE and PRO version too.

Smart screen ON

DESCRIPTION:
Smart screen ON is an innovative app which turns your proximity sensor into a power button. If you have a big phone with no physical button on the front(Galaxy Nexus for example, you can turn on or turn off the phone just tapping or waving your hand (finger) on proximity sensor.

FEATURES:
When you change the settings, remember saving and restarting service using built in app specific button.
There are two mode available, both mode can coexist:

+WAVE MODE:
Wave (move) your hand/finger on proximity sensor, even without touching it.
You can set the amount of waves you want to use to turn on/off screen and the time between each wave.
Do you want to wave your hand quickly or slowly?

+TAP AND SWIPE MODE:
1) Tap proximity sensor using your finger;
2) Wait for the first vibration;
3) Swipe (remove) quickly your finger, before it vibrates for the second time.
You can set the time before the first and the second vibration.

+DISABLE SENSOR
You can also disable sensor after an amount of time you can set in the app panel.
The app will disable the whole service and proximity sensor after X time of inactivity.

+STATISTICS
Statistics include:
A)Smart Screen ONs;
B)Smart Screen OFFs;
C)Total power button saves;
D)The power used by your proximity sensor (which is very very low).

+START ON BOOT
If you check this, the app will start on boot.

+HIDE ICON
If you hide the icon, the app could be instable and could be killed by Android in low memory conditions.

+ENABLE FOR TURNING SCREEN OFF
The app has been created to turn screen off, but I also give you the ability to turn screen off.

+DISABLE WHEN LANDSCAPE
The sensor will stop working when landscape.

+INCOMPATIBILITY
-HTC Desire HD is not compatible with "wave mode" because its proximity sensor doesn't work as it should.

If you want to suggest new features, please contact me on this thread, at ddeleted@gmail.com or use my site www.androidhd.it

Last edited:

ock

Mar 9, 2010
Link to lite version is online :)

Will test this out!

EDIT: I believe there's a bug with Android 4.0.4 for apps that turn off the screen?
It turns back on after turning off for a while, happens in other apps that lock the screen too.

Last edited:

xt720

Jul 29, 2010
Great app!
I would like to use your app in combination with an app like tasker, llama or locale. Could you make a shortcut to enable or disable your app? Or a locale plugin? This way I could enable/disable your app when certain conditions are met. For example when I am at home it is active and when I am at work it is disabled. I have tried to kill your app automatically with llama, but your app restarts by itself.

sandfreak

Jan 1, 2011
Washington Coast
Love this idea. Perfect for when I'm in class and want to glance at my phone. Bought the pro version, however it worked about 3 times then stopped. I see it was just updated so I have faith this will be looked at and become more stable. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011
I have updated both LITE and PRO versions. Fixed a couple of little bug (check the changelog). The update will be live within 1 hour or 2.

Friends, if you have any problem please contact me at ddeleted@gmail.com . If you only reply on the Store I can't help you.

If you know how to do it, record a logcat when you have a problem and send the .txt file to my email address. :)

App is working flawlessly on my Galaxy Nexus AOKP M5.

Note: between 1 on and 1 off you have to wait 2 seconds.

Reactions: asharma7

Yuvs12

Feb 11, 2012
Link to lite version is online :)

Will test this out!

EDIT: I believe there's a bug with Android 4.0.4 for apps that turn off the screen?
It turns back on after turning off for a while, happens in other apps that lock the screen too.
\

Cool app!
I confirm the bug tho, after screen off Widgetlocker turns the screen back on for a sec(Gnexus AOKP build 35).

Last edited:

sandfreak

Jan 1, 2011
Washington Coast
Just updated. Tried it about 15 times. Only worked once. I have it on the tap/swipe option. AOKP B35. CDMA GNex.

BTW, I'm not complaining, just providing info. I like the app. I'll be very happy with it once I get it working.

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011
I just discovered a bug (I'm not sure it's related to my app or to the ROM).

You have to completely disable the lockscreen to get it working.

I'm currently investigating this issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yuvs12

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011
There is a bug that affects Android 4.0.4.
I'm trying to find a workaround for 4.0.4 users.

Version 1.2 uploaded, check it out on the store.
It should work with 4.0.4 users without disabling the screen lock.
To workaround this, I had to kill timeout display timer (you have to turn off phone manually).

Last edited:
Reactions: sandfreak

sandfreak

Jan 1, 2011
Washington Coast
Works great now. Thanks.

Edit: I didn't quite understand at first. Its a bummer that the screen stays on indefinitely now, unless manually turned off.

Last edited:

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011
This is the only workaround I found.
For some strange reason what worked for <=4.0.3 doesn't work on 4.0.4 .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

After the success of Smart Screen OFF, I decided to publish another app called Smart Screen ON available in LITE and PRO version too.

Smart screen ON

DESCRIPTION:
    Smart screen ON is an innovative app which turns your proximity sensor into a power button. If you have a big phone with no physical button on the front(Galaxy Nexus for example, you can turn on or turn off the phone just tapping or waving your hand (finger) on proximity sensor.

FEATURES:
    When you change the settings, remember saving and restarting service using built in app specific button.
    There are two mode available, both mode can coexist:

+WAVE MODE:
    Wave (move) your hand/finger on proximity sensor, even without touching it.
    You can set the amount of waves you want to use to turn on/off screen and the time between each wave.
    Do you want to wave your hand quickly or slowly?

+TAP AND SWIPE MODE:
    1) Tap proximity sensor using your finger;
    2) Wait for the first vibration;
    3) Swipe (remove) quickly your finger, before it vibrates for the second time.
    You can set the time before the first and the second vibration.

+DISABLE SENSOR
    You can also disable sensor after an amount of time you can set in the app panel.
    The app will disable the whole service and proximity sensor after X time of inactivity.

+STATISTICS
    Statistics include:
    A)Smart Screen ONs;
    B)Smart Screen OFFs;
    C)Total power button saves;
    D)The power used by your proximity sensor (which is very very low).

+START ON BOOT
    If you check this, the app will start on boot.

+HIDE ICON
    If you hide the icon, the app could be instable and could be killed by Android in low memory conditions.

+ENABLE FOR TURNING SCREEN OFF
    The app has been created to turn screen off, but I also give you the ability to turn screen off.

+DISABLE WHEN LANDSCAPE
    The sensor will stop working when landscape.

+INCOMPATIBILITY
    -HTC Desire HD is not compatible with "wave mode" because its proximity sensor doesn't work as it should.

If you want to suggest new features, please contact me on this thread, at ddeleted@gmail.com or use my site www.androidhd.it
    Been using the pro version for a couple of days. Great app!!

Have a couple of feature requests for the tap-and-swipe mode:

Since the second vibration just tells you that the phone WON'T be unlocked, would it be possible to add a setting to disable it? After you get used to unlocking the phone this way, the only time the second vibration happens is when it's NOT needed, like when it's in your pocket or when you hold it to you ear. So this would cut the number of unwanted vibrations by half.

Another great feature would be to give a setting to use a sound instead of the vibration. I think a soft "click" would work very well.

Maybe it's just me, but I just don't like the feel of the phone vibrating! I wish google would remove it from the lock screen too.

1) Good idea to give the ability to remove the second vibration.
    2) I tried with the audio in many ways, but lags when the screen is off.
    I have updated both LITE and PRO versions. Fixed a couple of little bug (check the changelog). The update will be live within 1 hour or 2.

Friends, if you have any problem please contact me at ddeleted@gmail.com . If you only reply on the Store I can't help you.

If you know how to do it, record a logcat when you have a problem and send the .txt file to my email address. :)

App is working flawlessly on my Galaxy Nexus AOKP M5.

Note: between 1 on and 1 off you have to wait 2 seconds.
    I dont know how to extract a logcat file :X

Just use any logcat app (I use rootzbox, catlog is free) start recording. Try to do whatever function you're trying to accomplish, stop recording, it will save a txt file on your SD, navigate to file with file explorer of your choice, share file

Hi guys, after my account was banned from Play Store, I decided to move all apps on Amazon App Shop for free.
    Here you can download last version of Smart screen ON.

Smart screen ON