[APP][CYANOGEN MOD] File Manager!!! :D

Search This thread

sharingan92

Jun 2, 2012
Invercargill
The CyanogenMod team has been making good progress towards the latest, stable version of its ROM - CyanogenMod 10 - but there's still time for more features to be added before its eventual release.
One of those features is a root-enabled file manager, which was announced on the Cyanogen Google+ page a few hours ago. Judging from the screenshots, it looks to blend in seamlessly with other CyanogenMod features and the rest of the Android OS, with a really nice looking interface. (Screenshots Below)

When you're browsing through your files, you will be able to choose between three access modes: Safe mode, Prompt User mode and Root Access mode. As you'd expect, it will allow you to view files on your internal storage device as well

you can get the apk here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?do5c710wiwcxwps

Simply copy to system/app and set permissions to rw-r--r--

Enjoy and dont forget to hit THANKS!!

Attachments

• nexusae0_cmfm1_thumb.png
    nexusae0_cmfm1_thumb.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 6,552
  • nexusae0_cmfm2_thumb.png
    nexusae0_cmfm2_thumb.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 5,791
  • nexusae0_cmfm3_thumb.png
    nexusae0_cmfm3_thumb.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 5,207
Last edited:

A13XX

Feb 1, 2012
This looks amazing. I've been wondering when they would add in their own file manager.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: iBlowpot

thronnos

Apr 28, 2011
San Antonio
www.TheOrderGaming.net
I like the idea of this. I am not on CM10 yet, can't upgrade till December :'( but I have a few questions for those who use this. Compared to Root Explorer (i am a long time user) how does this stack up? Root Explorer with SQL Lite editor let's me do anything and view any partition I want, for good or bad. Does this meet those lofty standards? Or is it a valiant #2?

Shifted from the Twilight Zone

HQRaja

Retired News Writer
Jan 27, 2008
Islamabad
hqraja.com
Can someone please confirm whether it works or not on ICS, or on versions of JB earlier than 4.1.2? My phone is on 4.1.2 and it's working like a charm but I want to confirm about ICS and earlier JB versions before I finish writing my portal post on it. Thanks.

rubyknight

Sep 19, 2010
Sevierville TN
Working on my EVOLTE in Paranoid Android 4.1.2 but does anyone know how to copy a file and move it? I'm trying to copy the new gmail 4.2 off my sdcard to system>app but I can't find a way to do it...

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Crazydaddy

Feb 1, 2011
Hampton
Not working on SyntheticX aospx mint chocolate. 4.0.4 rom. Moved via root explorer, permissions changed and rebooted. No new app showing in apps.

KeylanHalfdan

Jun 9, 2012
Working on my EVOLTE in Paranoid Android 4.1.2 but does anyone know how to copy a file and move it? I'm trying to copy the new gmail 4.2 off my sdcard to system>app but I can't find a way to do it...

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

I was able to select an item, then use the double menu button in the bottom left and choose move selection. Not sure about copy, but it has the move feature.

It works on 4.1.1, although it seems to go extremely slow. It takes up to 30 seconds to load a simple folder like data/. That same folder took root browser or root explorer about 1 second to do.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus running Fruits 'N Vegetables with bacon grease (FNV007) via Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

p3terr

Nov 12, 2010
tried to install the apk, and it didn't work. Copied it to system/apps set permissions, and also didn't work. CM10 Android 4.1.2

Listy2021

Jan 28, 2012
Can someone please confirm whether it works or not on ICS, or on versions of JB earlier than 4.1.2? My phone is on 4.1.2 and it's working like a charm but I want to confirm about ICS and earlier JB versions before I finish writing my portal post on it. Thanks.

Doesn't work on ICS (cm9) tried it earlier

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The CyanogenMod team has been making good progress towards the latest, stable version of its ROM - CyanogenMod 10 - but there's still time for more features to be added before its eventual release.
    One of those features is a root-enabled file manager, which was announced on the Cyanogen Google+ page a few hours ago. Judging from the screenshots, it looks to blend in seamlessly with other CyanogenMod features and the rest of the Android OS, with a really nice looking interface. (Screenshots Below)

When you're browsing through your files, you will be able to choose between three access modes: Safe mode, Prompt User mode and Root Access mode. As you'd expect, it will allow you to view files on your internal storage device as well

you can get the apk here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?do5c710wiwcxwps

Simply copy to system/app and set permissions to rw-r--r--

Enjoy and dont forget to hit THANKS!!
    This looks amazing. I've been wondering when they would add in their own file manager.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
    I'm on ParanoidAndroid and i cannot get this working. Any suggestions?

qE0S4.png

Did you set permissions then reboot?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
    Confirmed working on Samsung Blaze 4g. Devhost mirror here: http://d-h.st/NSY
    Thank you for the app :D .Works well on my Desire c ics 4.0.3.