¿Android 4.4.4 Update for Sony Xperia Z/ZL in middle of August?

Search This thread

RyomaEchizen

Jun 16, 2012
Buenos Aires
Android 4.4.4 Update for Sony Xperia Z

Sony has recently started rolling out Android 4.4.4 update for three of its smartphones; Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra.
Though Android 4.4.4 is not a major update and is only minor one with few bug fixes but still Sony fans from all over the world are anxiously waiting for this update.

sony-kitkat-300x168.jpg

Especially the users of Sony Xperia Z are curious to know if Sony will roll out Android 4.4.4 update for Sony Xperia Z or not.
Wel, for all the Xperia Z users we have a great news. Sony has planned to roll out Android 4.4.4 update for Sony Xperia Z as well. However, the exact date is not known as of yet.
According to the inside sources, Sony believes that its last year flagship should get the latest Android 4.4.4 as it fixes few major bugs.

This new update will most probably be available to download by the mid of August. Android 4.4.4 update for Sony Xperia Z will not only improve the overall performance of the device but will also ensure that the battery drain issue is resolved.
With the roll out of Android 4.4.4 update for Sony Xperia Z we might witness an end to future updates for the last year flagship.
However, it’s still too early to say.​

Source:
http://smartphonetechie.com/android-4-4-4-update-sony-xperia-z/

true or not? :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bird40

Dead Metal

Mar 7, 2013
For us? F**k no. And if it does, it'll maybe perform as good as 4.4.2 did on other phones.

AndreIrawan97

Jun 20, 2013
Denpasar
I dont think i'll update to 4.4.4
Because i love my 4.4.2
It's rooted, has a lot of xposed mod, i already fix battery drain issue (100-20 10 hours), and my UI is just great

Reactions: garsson

AndreIrawan97

Jun 20, 2013
Denpasar
how did you fix it? thank you
Well, it requires root and xposed installer
Install xposed installer to your phone (dont forget to install the framework too), and then search in download section : Wakelock Terminator
And then, after u download it, enable it on xposed installer... And reboot ur phone
After you done rebooting, open wakelock terminator and search for Google Play Services, and check the Prevent Wakelock option, and in Filter Wakelock section, write NlpCollectorWakeLock NlpWakeLock CheckInService NetworkLocationLocator
And press ok...
Reboot ur phone, and done

Billykov

Jun 23, 2013
Could you explain it with details? O please

Sent from my C6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Android-Jeck

Oct 3, 2009
Cologne
Install xposed installer to your phone (dont forget to install the framework too), and then search in download section : Wakelock Terminator
And then, after u download it, enable it on xposed installer... And reboot ur phone
After you done rebooting, open wakelock terminator and search for Google Play Services, and check the Prevent Wakelock option, and in Filter Wakelock section, write NlpCollectorWakeLock NlpWakeLock CheckInService NetworkLocationLocator
And press ok...
Sorry, but in my download section there's no "wakelock terminator"... Where can I download it?

Reactions: pablowarp

CharlesG70

Jun 4, 2010
Toronto
AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And press ok...

Just finished installing this. Thanks for the detailed information.
I really like 4.4.2 (and will move to 4.4.4) but this battery thing was killing me
I really hope this works.

I am surprised that no one had made a bigger deal that this can solve the Battery problem in 4.4.2

Cheers and thanks a ton...

AndreIrawan97

Jun 20, 2013
Denpasar
Just finished installing this. Thanks for the detailed information.
I really like 4.4.2 (and will move to 4.4.4) but this battery thing was killing me
I really hope this works.

I am surprised that no one had made a bigger deal that this can solve the Battery problem in 4.4.2

Cheers and thanks a ton...
Glad that i can help someone :D
Cheers man !
Anyway, the real credit goes to someone in this forum that made the original thread... I forgot the name...

Once again, cheers man ! :D

Top Liked Posts