[Script][Tool][Windows][4.4]Convert Any Rom to Full F2FS

Search This thread

thoiloidainhan

Jun 10, 2011
Hi guys, I have a question. Its been nagging at me since I first saw these conversion tool. Is there any advantage of using this compared to manually editing the updater script?? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

poo706

Apr 8, 2011
Hi guys, I have a question. Its been nagging at me since I first saw these conversion tool. Is there any advantage of using this compared to manually editing the updater script?? Thanks

It's just an automated version of the manual edits. So it has the advantages that automation brings, but it's no different otherwise.

[poo]

Reactions: thoiloidainhan

NABENDU1

May 31, 2012
MUMBAI
@NABENDU1
Can you release a version for the Nexus 7 3g Tilapia Model?

I have atm stopped development for this Tool as im back on ext4 ( on my nexus 4 ) dont own a Nexus 7 neither Nexus5.

Reason for reverting back is its not really helpful on the system partition in my view.since system is a read only partiton. If you format /data into F2FS youll be at the same performance level as with the System one.

Personally i wont mind building one for the 3G model. Only stuff ill need is an f2fs compatible boot.img and the updaterscript from your current rom ( though i really dont need the updater script also.
@poo706 has carried where I left to a new level so might be u can get in touch with him too !!

Enjoy and have a nyc day ahead !!

sudipt123

Apr 27, 2010
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus Nord
I have atm stopped development for this Tool as im back on ext4 ( on my nexus 4 ) dont own a Nexus 7 neither Nexus5.

Reason for reverting back is its not really helpful on the system partition in my view.since system is a read only partiton. If you format /data into F2FS youll be at the same performance level as with the System one.

Personally i wont mind building one for the 3G model. Only stuff ill need is an f2fs compatible boot.img and the updaterscript from your current rom ( though i really dont need the updater script also.

@poo706 has carried where I left to a new level so might be u can get in touch with him too !!

Thanks for the heads up! I think the latest TWRP for tilapia has an option to wipe the partitions to f2fs - though not tested by me. Also legolas has released his modified recovery for tilapia as well. So if I just convert the data and run a matching kernel eg faux, with F2fs ROM should I be good? Question is how can it be baked into a single ROM?

Last edited:

mshnayde

Sep 1, 2007
Guys.
Just need some help in the proper direction.
Flashed an F2FS kernel and than dirty Unicorn ROM which don't think was f2fs
optimized (not one of the latest versions)
Also, after reading think it was an older version of TWRP.
If I hold the down and power button get into the recovery but
can't seem to connect to the computer.
Can't find download mode as it just stays on the google screen and than goes dark.
Would love some explanation of how to hopefully recover from this.
Thank you.

emanuele252

May 18, 2008
Nepi, Viterbo, Italy
I know that you can't connect twrp directly to PC. You need to boot the phone to do it.
I don't understand if you have the proper recovery, but try to flash a ROM and boot it. After that you can connect the phone to PC. If you don't have any ROM on your phone you have to install a factory image. It happened to me once and I solved by install a factory image from fastboot

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

jee'sgalaxy

Sep 24, 2012
Boston
Is this All F2fs

So I just did a successful conversion. My question is, does full f2fs conversion mentioned in the OP mean that it turns the ROM to All-F2fs?

gogol

May 20, 2005
Can this method be used to convert CM 10.2 ROM? Which is based on Android 4.3.

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a Windows Batch Script/Tool to make any 4.4 based ROM to full F2FS compatibility !! This tool can convert any existing ROM from ext4 to Full F2FS Compatibility in a few clicks !! All tools necessary for conversion included in the batch file itself !!

Basic Info

What is F2FS?

F2FS (Flash-Friendly File System) is a flash file system created by Kim Jaegeuk at Samsung for the Linux operating system kernel. The motive for F2FS was to build a file system that from the start takes into account the characteristics of NAND flash memory-based storage devices (such as solid-state disks, eMMC, and SD cards), which are widely used in computer systems ranging from mobile devices to servers.

What is All-F2FS?

We used F2FS only for /data. It was simply because we have only to flash a compatible Kernel and Format /data partition. With All-F2FS we use F2FS for all partitions and we need a compatible ROM

DISCLAIMER

Code:
    *I am Not responsible for any bricked devices,SD cards or thermonuclear attacks.
    *Please do some research about what you are doing before you use the tool.
    *YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.

Current Device Compatibility

Code:
    1. Nexus 4 ( Mako )
    2. Nexus 7 2012 Edition ( Grouper)

Prerequisites

Code:
    1. A Mako/Grouper
    2. Any 4.4 based ROM with [B][U]busybox [/U][/B]installed
    3. Proper F2FS Compatible Recovery and Partition Zip from
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2678140"]http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2678140[/URL]
    4. Any Windows version and my batch script

Features
    Code:
    1. One Click F2FS Conversion Process 
    2. All tools included in the Zip file itself
    3. Changes only the relevant parts of your updater-script keeping the rest unmodified
    4. Compatible boot.img included in the ROM itself 
    5. Single script for both Nexus 4/ Nexus 7 ( 2012)
    6. Error conditions at many places so a noob cant go wrong

***Special note for Stock ROM users***

Code:
    The script requires busybox and since stock roms dont have busybox the repacked ROM wont boot up.
    In such a case the best option is try out any other AOSP based ROM

Instructions
    Code:
    1. Unpack the Zip file you downloaded from Link Below
    2. Run F2FS Convertor.bat
    3. Select your device
    4.Place the Zip in the Extract /Input directory when prompted
    5. The script will Unpack your ROM
    6. Select option 11 for boot.img supplied with the script or option 12 for cm boot.img and 13 for any other F2FS compatible boot.img
    7. Repack your ROM 
    8. Check NEW F2FS ROM directory for the Repacked ROM
    9. Flash and Enjoy
    10.Cleanup the working directory cleanup.bat

Download Links

1) English
    2) German (Thanks to @mikaole)

Changelog
    Code:
     V1 : Initial Release

Credits

Code:
    @legolas93   For bringing F2FS to Nexus and also for providing the boot.img for the script
     [user=4439521]@mikaole[/user]     For the German Translations and extensive testing
     [user=2002216]@jolinnard[/user]    For the amazing F2FS kernels he is providing
     [user=4544860]@osm0sis[/user]    For his amazing Android Image Kitchen.The cleanup.bat script is taken from his tool.
     [user=3325155]@fishears[/user]     For helping out on the kernel side.
     [user=5501864]@USBhost[/user]   For being the lone tester for the N7 ( 2012 )
     [user=4450732]@CallMeAldy[/user] For the CM trick and his compilation thread 
    And all other beta testers !! Sorry if I forgot anyone from the list !!

Screenshots in the Next Post

Hit the Thanks button if you Like My Work
    @NABENDU1
    Can you release a version for the Nexus 7 3g Tilapia Model?

uploading it

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

CM M6 All-F2FS
    M-kernel

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

I wonder if partition size is the issue I was having? I was using the Odex version.

I can try removing extraneous packages and go again.

ok
    Has anyone successfully converted stock 4.4.4?

Yes.
    I will post the rom this evening or tomorrow.

EDIT: posted rom
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2791580