Lock Options (Lock and Trick)

Search This thread

harry1477

Mar 29, 2013
bangalore
harry1477.blogspot.in
Hi Guys,

Got an intention for having an extra feature in Android !!:cowboy:
I am not an expert developer, so wanted to let you guys decide if its good or bad

In Android we have different types of lockscreen(security) options, if we can have another option which would show as: Lock and Trick ; as in the image attachment.

View attachment 2904833

Assumptions: you use PIN/password to lock/unlock

what this would do is:
whenever you choose this option and lock the screen, and if next time someone tries to enter in the passcode/password it would check the password as it checks and would inform that one of the digits that he/she entered is right (trick), and he/she should try the other 3 digits.

We can have an option were we can select any digit to trick the person meaning for eg., I would configure it such that it would show up that "the 3rd and 4th digit is right please try the other two" and the person would actually be tricked. Provided we would need some maths in senerios where the digits are actually right !!:laugh:

Lastly,can we also have the same thing for pattern ??:good:

Rohit02

Sep 17, 2012
Pune
huh-209x300.jpg

Reactions: PsyGik

aanonymoushuman

Sep 8, 2012
:thumbdown: sorry that's a useless feature

It would be much better if you had to enter the current time displayed on your phone. How many of you wondered what time is it and then unlocked your phone to go text or look something up forgetting completely to look at the time?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

mihahn

May 26, 2012
:thumbdown: sorry that's a useless feature

It would be much better if you had to enter the current time displayed on your phone. How many of you wondered what time is it and then unlocked your phone to go text or look something up forgetting completely to look at the time?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

This is already available as an xposed module! TimePIN ;)

harry1477

Mar 29, 2013
bangalore
harry1477.blogspot.in

dashaft

Mar 7, 2015
blog.dashaft.net
lock options

Hi Guys,

Got an intention for having an extra feature in Android !!:cowboy:
I am not an expert developer, so wanted to let you guys decide if its good or bad

In Android we have different types of lockscreen(security) options, if we can have another option which would show as: Lock and Trick ; as in the image attachment.

View attachment 2904833

Assumptions: you use PIN/password to lock/unlock

what this would do is:
whenever you choose this option and lock the screen, and if next time someone tries to enter in the passcode/password it would check the password as it checks and would inform that one of the digits that he/she entered is right (trick), and he/she should try the other 3 digits.

We can have an option were we can select any digit to trick the person meaning for eg., I would configure it such that it would show up that "the 3rd and 4th digit is right please try the other two" and the person would actually be tricked. Provided we would need some maths in senerios where the digits are actually right !!:laugh:

Lastly,can we also have the same thing for pattern ??:good:

I think the best lock option is a pin code. Slide pattern can be discovered

Top Liked Posts