[HOWTO] Android Market Enabler, Paid Apps, Every Country

Search This thread

gohkg76

Dec 29, 2008
OK, I fixed it. This is what I did:

First - Killed Market App using System Panel Lite. Then went into manage applications in settings and uninstalled the market app (don't worry it just deletes all market data. App is still there.)

Then follow these steps:

1 - Need root (got it from modaco ROM)
2 - downloaded root explorer from market.
3 - download the attached build.prop from

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7081243&postcount=84

4 - Connected phone to PC and copied it to root directory as seen on pc
5 - Opened root explorer, mount the file system (clicked on RW at the top)
5 - Went to /system rename build.prop to build.prop.bak (long press)
6 - Copy build.prop from /sdcard to /system
7 - Rebooted system
8 - Ran market again

The app now appears.

Hi,

I hope to use Digital Clock Widget from Maize and Pure Calendar, but it seem I cannot find them in the Market.

I even surf to Maize website to try to download from my Galaxy but its File Not Found error...

Any idea what is happening? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

wcronen

Feb 11, 2010
Astro file manager not in market place

Hello,

I can't find or download the "astro file manager" from android market place. Even if I go via the vendor's homepage or the QR codes.:(

Can anybody post it here or tell me a working link for the apk-file?

Thx,
Walter

accinfo

Jun 24, 2010
try going to metago dot net (on your phone)
then click on the download tab

See if that works.

Last edited:

wcronen

Feb 11, 2010
I tried it before but it didn't work.

After resetting the phone to factory defaults I find Astro in market place but all installed applications must be reinstalled.

Can any of the previous installed apps block market place for specific apps? Are there any known apps which act like that?

Jul 5, 2010
URGENT: my phone doesn't have android market what should I do?

Hello Everyone and first of all let me congrat svetius on opening this new sub-forum dedicated to Galaxy S hopefully it will grow bigger and surpass the HTC and other Sub-Forums :D

Second I hope that you welcome me guys and hopefully I will try to be a useful member in this forum and I hope that all the members here are helpful and friendly as well (well ofcourse it is it's the XDA forum afterall ;) )

ahem ok lets get to the point the moment I saw the samsung galaxy S I knew it would be my next phone and the true successor to my old omnia HD (hopefully Samsung's support for the new phone will be better than i8910) and yesterday I had the chance to test it out... the Galaxy S was released last week in Dubai and to my surprise it had Arabic language support! well some of you might wonder whats the deal with arabic support well let me tell samsung is the FIRST company to add arabic language in an android OS/phone which is btw not officially supported by google (there is no arabic language in official android rom) therefore I salute samsung for thier costumer support

NOW my main problem is that there is NO market app in the phone which is a shock!! what's the use of an android phone with no access to market it's useless in my opinion... the irony is that my country is the only country in the region that doesn't have android market support which sucks since i've been waiting for this phone for 6 months

right now I have two options: import the phone and have arabic+market but lose the warranty in the process OR buy it here and enjoy all the benefits of the warranty and the official samsung support but have no access to android market what-so-ever

is there is any way I can add the android market app to my phone through the means of root or anyway around?

appreciate the help guys :)

TravUK

Aug 20, 2008
UK
The other alternative might be to install one of the ROMs from a different region.

hmj2k3

Dec 9, 2009
Android Market is illegal in U.A.E. and K.S.A. I heard of a software called Market enabler but I'm not sure how it works or if you need to root your SGS first to use it.

Can you please post images of the Arabic menus and inform us about the firmware on your SGS?

Jul 5, 2010
thnx for the response guys and yes I think that the andriod market is illegal in the UAE but really what harm it will be if downloaded FREE apps from the market and enjoyed the phone like other android users?! well I still haven't got the phone but I hopefully in the next 2 days and by then I will update the thread with some pictures ^_^

@TravUK can I install other roms and still retain the arabic language? it's really important for me to have a phone that supports arabic language...

btw is it possible to root the phone and install the market app from phones that have the market application? market enabler is a good option but i'd rather have the orignal android market app :p

ShaggyDragon

Apr 22, 2007
Bedford
I was in the same situation, I bought my Galaxy S yesterday in Dubai and found it had no market app. There was however a cut down regional market app loaded. I don't speak Arabic, so I simply flashed the latest ROM on it, this in turn killed the Arabic functionality -which is not what you want.

According to press reports, the market is simply removed in the UAE versions. Apparently it will be present in the Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman and Qatar models. Maybe you need to wait for a ROM image to be posted from someone there?

Jul 5, 2010
@ShaggyDragon congrats on the phone man how is it? is it laggy like the vodafone models or is it an unlocked unbranded phone like the 8GB version from expansies? also beside the lack of android market app what about the features and the pre-installed apps is it the same as the European version or did we got cut out of some features( I hope not T_T)? for example does it come with layar and the e-book or did we get a rip-off version (I would be pissed to pay $725+ for a phone that doesn't come with features that it was originally advertised with)...and last question for you if you flash the phone with an official/custom rom will you retain all the apps and features that are available to SGS in other regoin( example market app, layar, aldiko etc) ?

@d0p3d thnx for your suggesstion but slide me is really poor it contains less than 500 apps as I heard... but what about market enabler does it work with SGS? and if it is does it contain all the applications that are available on the original android market?

P.S. can anyone with an UAE SGS dump their rom for us who are interested in arabic or for back-up plans? I would dump my rom but unfortunately i'm totally new to android :-/

Jul 5, 2010
hello guys here is an update about the SGS situation in UAE: it's sold out!!

but after searching for the phone in many shops/malls I managed to find SGS which was the last unit in the shop (the owner told me that he brought 30 units and were sold out in a matter of hours!!)

so I was excited and without thinking I pulled out my wallet to buy the last unit in stock and to my surprise it was the 8GB version :-( I asked them for a 16GB version but the guy told me that samsung haven't released an official 16GB in UAE!!

now my question for anyone who bought SGS from UAE, did you purchase the 16GB or the 8GB version and for how much?

should i wait for the 16GB or should I go for the 8GB?!

ryukent

Jul 7, 2010
Apps no longer showing in market

Hi,

I've flashed the JG1 firmware and installed modaco's R2. Everything is running very smoothly now and there is no lag issue. Phone is almost completely perfect except, the 'National Rail' app that I paid £4.99 for is now missing from the Android Market.

I imagine this might be because I used a Russian firmware or non-official firmware?

I've tried using market enabler and paid apps enabler but no luck. Is there any way I can set the device to the UK market so I can get the app I paid for and use regularly?

Thanks

ryukent

Jul 7, 2010
OK, I fixed it. This is what I did:

First - Killed Market App using System Panel Lite. Then went into manage applications in settings and uninstalled the market app (don't worry it just deletes all market data. App is still there.)

Then follow these steps:

1 - Need root (got it from modaco ROM)
2 - downloaded root explorer from market.
3 - download the attached build.prop from

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7081243&postcount=84

4 - Connected phone to PC and copied it to root directory as seen on pc
5 - Opened root explorer, mount the file system (clicked on RW at the top)
5 - Went to /system rename build.prop to build.prop.bak (long press)
6 - Copy build.prop from /sdcard to /system
7 - Rebooted system
8 - Ran market again

The app now appears.

Last edited:

Jimmarn

Dec 24, 2009
How To: Android Market Enabler, Paid Apps, Every Country

Hi, I am very happy with the new phone. Now I just want to root it, so I can get ME running. I just wondered if it would make the phone unstable, and what guide I should follow. I rooted and installed quite a few custom roms on my Magic/Sapphire.
Again, I want my phone just as it is, no less apps, no more, all I want is root and Market Enabler to work.
It's not buggy? Freezes, FC's etc?