[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.3.0 touch recovery [2013-09-16]

Search This thread

Dees_Troy

Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2008
KC MO
www.teamw.in
Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG for 2.6.3.0:
-Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
-Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
-Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
-Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
-A few other fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.1.0:
-Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
-Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
-Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
-Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
-Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
-Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
-Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
-Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.0.0:
Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, you will likely need to remove that theme before updating to 2.6.0.0 as your custom theme will likely not have some of the new changes visible (e.g. you won't be able to encrypt a backup)!
-Can encrypt a backup to prevent theft of private data from your backup files
-Updated graphics / icon courtesy of shift
-Updated exFAT to latest commits
-Fixed a problem with Samsung TouchWiz decryption
-Update SuperSU binary
-Fixed saving of backup partitions list
-Fixed saving of last used zip install folder
-Fixed backup of datadata on devices that use a separate partition for datadata
-Fixed some issues with the advanced wipe list (android_secure, can now wipe internal storage on data/media deivces and wipe data on the advanced list no longer formats the entire data partition)
-Fixed some problems with partitioning a SD card
-Various other bug fixes and tweaks

Notes about encrypted backups:
Why encrypt your backups? -- Most people store their backups on the device. Any app that has permission to access storage could potentially read your backup files and try to harvest your data. Encrypted backups also provide an added layer of security if you move your backups to other storage devices or to the cloud. The encryption that we're using is probably not strong enough for enterprise level security, but should be strong enough to make it significantly difficult to get to your data.

Encryption is using OpenAES which uses AES 128-bit cbc encryption. If you happen to use a longer password (over 16 characters) then the encryption strength improves to 192 or 256 bits. Do not forget your password. If you forget your password you will be unable to restore your backup. We don't encrypt the entire backup. Encryption is very CPU intensive and can be fairly slow even when we spread the workload over multiple cores even on the latest high-end devices. To ensure that encrypted backups don't take forever, we don't encrypt any other partitions besides /data and in /data we don't encrypt /data/app (or other app related directories where apks are stored) and we don't encrypt dalvik cache.

DOWNLOAD:
The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
Play Store Link
Direct Download
1) Install GooManager from the Play Store
2) Open GooManager and provide root permissions
3) Hit Menu (or the button with the 3 dots on your screen) and then Install OpenRecovery
OR:
You can find more information and download links on our website!

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Last edited:

pimpmaneaton

Inactive Recognized Contributor
I hope that many of you find this recovery very useful. I spent many days bugging the hell out of dees_troy on getting this up and running(sorry about that dees). But I my opinion the features that this recovery offers is much more than any other than what the A500 currently has. Please check it out and if you like it and would consider donating, please visit team win website. These guys spent a lot of time into this recovery and have good plans for future stuff. Enjoy!

Sent from my Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: terrormattie

Account currently disabled
Oct 6, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
Can someone please post the flashable zip file for this? I can't install from GooManager, it always abort installation.

Does this recovery support flash from USB?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

micky387

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2011
Lyon
this recovery don't support flexreaper r11 rom (Picasso).
"Status aborded 7"

Reactions: 10507

micky387

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2011
Lyon
because build prop is false with flexreaper (i suppose)
who can change recovery (.zip) for flexreaper ??
thanks

Zatta

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Dec 22, 2010
Sneek
Can someone please post the flashable zip file for this? I can't install from GooManager, it always abort installation.

This flashable zip has been tested on cwm-based recovery's 1.3.something and 1.7 by the man who's name may not be named.
I see no reason why it won't work on any ROM as recovery is independant of it.

Edit: Ofc only tested on my iconia a500. Just saying.

Attachments

• update-recovery-twrp.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 3,559

Reno_kun

Nov 15, 2008
Paris
That's work with your .zip but like micky387, before I tried 5 times with GooManager and the installation didn't work.

Zatta

Dec 22, 2010
Sneek
Does this recovery support the extendedcommand file?

We have ported OpenRecoveryScript over to ClockworkMod Recovery and have submitted the code to CyanogenMod for inclusion so that any app will be able to take advantage of the same scripting support in ClockworkMod Recovery too.

Some may now be wondering why we didn't just use the "extended commands" feature that already exists in ClockworkMod Recovery. Unfortunately, recent builds of ClockworkMod Recovery have been locked down to only work with ROM Manager, so other apps like GooManager are unable to make use of this feature.

Some instructions on the OpenRecoveryScript would be much appreciated. Does someone have a link?

Taptalked u see

Zatta

Dec 22, 2010
Sneek
That's work with your .zip but like micky387, before I tried 5 times with GooManager and the installation didn't work.

So it worked, and now you have twrp 2.1.0? On which rom? To be honest, i couldn't get the gooapp to do the work for me, that's why i made this zip (based on thor's zip as template, who's ics rom i am running also)

Taptalked u see

Reno_kun

Nov 15, 2008
Paris
Yes I have twrp 2.1.0 now instead of RA-Iconia 3.16. I use Flexreaper 11.
You made a good job with this zip because it's very easy to install it ;) and thanks to the team win for this recovery !

ziggy34

Sep 2, 2010
SE Michigan
May have missed it, but in the wipe area, there is no wipe flexrom, some times that needs to be wiped when there are problems.

Also I forgot to look around, but can /data/media be toggled so when you wipe data that data/media can be wiped also?

micky387

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2011
Lyon
thanks zatta.
Work fine now with your .zip.
Thank you very much
Best regards

BakaNeko59

Jan 19, 2011
Columbia, MO
Looks real nice. Just take care of the couple little things mentioned in previous posts and it will be great. (Ability to toggle full data backup and restore/wipe data/media, and ability to format flexrom)

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

Last edited:

Account currently disabled
Oct 6, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
Looks real nice. Just take care of the couple little things mentioned in previous posts and it will be great. (Ability to toggle full data backup and restore/wipe data/media, and ability to format flexrom)

Have you tried toggling data/media yourself?

Can someone with twrp already installed try this out for us?

Thanks all

Sent from my NexusHD2 using Tapatalk

pimpmaneaton

Inactive Recognized Contributor

Flexrom format we decided that was not really needed. I have been using twrp for almost 2 months now and have not had an issue. If a rom does anything with flexrom which are only stock based roms, they format flexrom during the install process. These are features that can be added with a theme as well. Will talk with team win tomorrow.

Sent from my Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG for 2.6.3.0:
    -Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
    -Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
    -Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
    -Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
    -A few other fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.1.0:
    -Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
    -Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
    -Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
    -Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
    -Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
    -Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
    -Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
    -Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.0.0:
    Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, you will likely need to remove that theme before updating to 2.6.0.0 as your custom theme will likely not have some of the new changes visible (e.g. you won't be able to encrypt a backup)!
    -Can encrypt a backup to prevent theft of private data from your backup files
    -Updated graphics / icon courtesy of shift
    -Updated exFAT to latest commits
    -Fixed a problem with Samsung TouchWiz decryption
    -Update SuperSU binary
    -Fixed saving of backup partitions list
    -Fixed saving of last used zip install folder
    -Fixed backup of datadata on devices that use a separate partition for datadata
    -Fixed some issues with the advanced wipe list (android_secure, can now wipe internal storage on data/media deivces and wipe data on the advanced list no longer formats the entire data partition)
    -Fixed some problems with partitioning a SD card
    -Various other bug fixes and tweaks

Notes about encrypted backups:
    Why encrypt your backups? -- Most people store their backups on the device. Any app that has permission to access storage could potentially read your backup files and try to harvest your data. Encrypted backups also provide an added layer of security if you move your backups to other storage devices or to the cloud. The encryption that we're using is probably not strong enough for enterprise level security, but should be strong enough to make it significantly difficult to get to your data.

Encryption is using OpenAES which uses AES 128-bit cbc encryption. If you happen to use a longer password (over 16 characters) then the encryption strength improves to 192 or 256 bits. Do not forget your password. If you forget your password you will be unable to restore your backup. We don't encrypt the entire backup. Encryption is very CPU intensive and can be fairly slow even when we spread the workload over multiple cores even on the latest high-end devices. To ensure that encrypted backups don't take forever, we don't encrypt any other partitions besides /data and in /data we don't encrypt /data/app (or other app related directories where apks are stored) and we don't encrypt dalvik cache.

DOWNLOAD:
    The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
    Play Store Link
    Direct Download
    1) Install GooManager from the Play Store
    2) Open GooManager and provide root permissions
    3) Hit Menu (or the button with the 3 dots on your screen) and then Install OpenRecovery
    OR:
    You can find more information and download links on our website!

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

This flashable zip has been tested on cwm-based recovery's 1.3.something and 1.7 by the man who's name may not be named.
    I see no reason why it won't work on any ROM as recovery is independant of it.

Edit: Ofc only tested on my iconia a500. Just saying.
    Thanks for the 2.4.0.0 :)

GooManage somehow does not updte my recovery. For those who also have this problem, i have included as attachment, a flashable one.

You can flash this with CWM or TWRP 2.3.3.0 or most other common recoveries avliable.

View attachment TWRP-2.4.0.0-Flashable.zip
    Why does goo manager have to install it via flashable zip? Why doesn't it just DD directly to mmcblk0p1?

When I tried to install it via goomanager, I got the dying robot screen. I had thor 1.7 installed.

You can also install this via Acer Recovery Installer by renaming the image file to recovery.img and putting it in the root of your external sdcard.

@pimpmaneaton, can you give use some info on Open Recovery Script? Perhaps I can use that to add TWRP support to my app.
    So I just tried installing this recovery via the instructions above and ended up with a dead droid, chest open with a red warning triangle over it. Thinking this cannot be good.

Installed over Thor 1.7

Will see if I can find answer on here somewhere.

You could check post 11 from this thread, I couldn't figure it out also so i made it flashable.

Taptalked u see