Anyone else flashed a custom rom for 4.2.2?

Search This thread

Ted C.

Oct 19, 2012
Madison, MS
Evervolv flashed without any difficulty for me yesterday. I've yet to discover any problems with this rom. I also used Rascarlo's gapps to minimize the Google apps installation package. Adobe flash is also working without problems for my NWS radar site. This ROM will probably become my daily driver until my favorite ROM and kernel package is available and tested.... :good:

BTW, I now show 1.6gb of ram under Settings/Apps/Running... . :confused:

j0hnnie

Mar 11, 2011
Official CM10.1 is working great! It seems to run smoother since 4.2.2 for me. Used the gapps from Banks.

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
Finally decide abandon CM 10.1

Now running Unofficial AOKP 4.2.2, 1st time running AOKP, never know it was that cool! It has more customization to do. :D

- Better customize function in AOKP v/s CM 10.1:
- Switching between PHONE / TABLET /PHABLET UI Mode!
- Set transparency level, height & color Navigation Bar.
- Transparency level for Notification Bar.
- Layout changes for Statusbar Toggles.
- Clock position switch.
- LED light changes
- Custom Boot Animation. (Pre-loaded with stock animation)

So far AOKP was running stable as well. :)

Androidluv

Mar 21, 2011
Evervolv flashed without any difficulty for me yesterday. I've yet to discover any problems with this rom. I also used Rascarlo's gapps to minimize the Google apps installation package. Adobe flash is also working without problems for my NWS radar site. This ROM will probably become my daily driver until my favorite ROM and kernel package is available and tested.... :good:

BTW, I now show 1.6gb of ram under Settings/Apps/Running... . :confused:

I'll be getting my N10 today...by tonight I'll have a custom rom on it....thinking of trying one of the Linaro roms.
Anyone tried one of those yet?

brees75

Jul 6, 2012
Dallas
I'll be getting my N10 today...by tonight I'll have a custom rom on it....thinking of trying one of the Linaro roms.
Anyone tried one of those yet?

I just got mine last night as well, going to try AOKP tonight.

I have ran several Linaro kernel/ROMS on my Nexus 7 and its not the magic speed bullet you might expect it to be. Maybe 2-3 % faster.

KlipperKyle

Dec 20, 2012
Finally decide abandon CM 10.1

Now running Unofficial AOKP 4.2.2, 1st time running AOKP, never know it was that cool! It has more customization to do. :D

- Better customize function in AOKP v/s CM 10.1:
- Switching between PHONE / TABLET /PHABLET UI Mode!
- Set transparency level, height & color Navigation Bar.
- Transparency level for Notification Bar.
- Layout changes for Statusbar Toggles.
- Clock position switch.
- LED light changes
- Custom Boot Animation. (Pre-loaded with stock animation)

So far AOKP was running stable as well. :)

Have you had any problem with the navigation bars disappearing in portrait mode?

I tried AOKP a month ago and ran into an issue where the navigation bar buttons disappeared whenever I turned my device into a portrait orientation. Since then, I have been running Cyanogenmod nightlies and have been pleasantly surprised how reliable they are despite the moniker "nightly."

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
Have you had any problem with the navigation bars disappearing in portrait mode?

I tried AOKP a month ago and ran into an issue where the navigation bar buttons disappeared whenever I turned my device into a portrait orientation. Since then, I have been running Cyanogenmod nightlies and have been pleasantly surprised how reliable they are despite the moniker "nightly."
I believe latest build fixed it. Never encounter such issue.

Reactions: KlipperKyle

KlipperKyle

Dec 20, 2012

I was just playing around with AOKP. It's improved leaps and bounds since I last tried it. I really like the Tablet UI feature. I might switch ROMs when I have more time to play around/migrate settings.

(And no, I didn't run into the buttons disappearing in portrait mode.)

It's back to CM 10.1 for the time being...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.