[Q] ST26a uninstall uninstallable apps

Search This thread

joegrent

Jan 23, 2014
Hate to post this, but spend sometime looking and reading different posts and site and need some direction.

Kernel: v3.4.0 user@sibldsrv-03
Firmware: 11.2.A.0.33
Bootloader unlock allowed: No

Left the carrier I get the phone from and am on a different carrier. This is my first cellphone as I cancelled the landline since my mom passed and cell is cheaper and more convenient. Tried Titanium backup, but it stated phone needed to by rooted.

There are apps from the original carrier that were useless even if I stayed with them and just taking up space and can not be uninstalled. Example, Satellite PVR. I had added a couple of apps that I needed, but needed to go through and clean data on the phone since there was not enough room as updates were failing. Have about 200MB free now on the internal memory. Going to use the SDK to change the install location to 2 so I can move the apps and will probably install some app to force move some for them to the SD card since Sony does not support moving app to SD (did not know this until I did some searching).

Not really looking at installing a custom ROM as I only use the phone to talk. Besides each ROM has it's advantages and disadvantages and do not want to start messing around with what is currently working as one of the needed app (the reason I needed a smartphone) was not working and need coding work to get it to work on the JLo.

Thanks

Suxter

Jul 22, 2013
hi,
you can't uninstall system apps without root permissions :/ you can root your phone using http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2366577 ;)
rooting your hone isn't install custom rom or hacking system , it just give administration permission to you. like on Microsoft windows computer normal user & Admin user.

Also, one day you need to install custom rom for your phone, you can't do it. because "Bootloader unlock allowed: No"
however you can install stock based custom roms

Reactions: joegrent

joegrent

Jan 23, 2014
Thanks. I read that post about rooting it.

The apps I am trying to uninstall are not android system apps, but carrier added apps that serve no purpose. The example I gave Satellite PVR is if you have as have a satellite system from that carrier and control it remotely (I am sure you knew that!). I have no satellite from that carrier so app is just taking up space.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi,
    you can't uninstall system apps without root permissions :/ you can root your phone using http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2366577 ;)
    rooting your hone isn't install custom rom or hacking system , it just give administration permission to you. like on Microsoft windows computer normal user & Admin user.

Also, one day you need to install custom rom for your phone, you can't do it. because "Bootloader unlock allowed: No"
    however you can install stock based custom roms