App location on SD card

Search This thread

Milkman00

Jun 12, 2010
Tampa Bay, Florida
Question...

I moved a lot of applications to my SD Card. The problem is that it seems to move every app off of the root directory which makes for a messy SD Card directory structure.

Is there no way to move the apps to a directory called /apps or something like that??

dzuchowski

Nov 18, 2006
I have a few files in my root directory starting with . (like .android_secure, .dataviz, .downloadTemp, etc.), and also having some start with com., and others that are regular applications.

In my apps/data directory there is only like one app... I don't get why this is so messy?

any directory starting with a "." is a hidden directory and thus should not be accessed by the user. just let android handle the directories and return to stock as you wont have any issues if you are using an ext4 with journaling turned off. EXT4 sucks data loss and fc all the time after a few days unless you allways reinstall your rom everyday i usually do.... i decided to use one rom for a few days and then i get those stupid errors.

dwallersv

Dec 10, 2007
California
any directory starting with a "." is a hidden directory and thus should not be accessed by the user. just let android handle the directories and return to stock as you wont have any issues if you are using an ext4 with journaling turned off. EXT4 sucks data loss and fc all the time after a few days unless you allways reinstall your rom everyday i usually do.... i decided to use one rom for a few days and then i get those stupid errors.
You state these problems with EXT4 as if they are standalone facts. They are not.

I have had none of the problems you refer to with EXT4, and have benn enjoying this technology since Bonsai 3.0.0 on DK28. I do not experience any issues compared to RFS, do not have to reinstall my ROM, etc. I am a very happy user of EB13-based Bonsai 3.0.1.

The only issues I've had have been generic EB13 problems-- Bluetooth connectivity, audio routing after disconnecting BT A2DP, and some problems with apps moved to SD via Titanium Backup that were not available to be moved via the standard method in Manage Applications.

With many thousands of people using EXT4 via Bonsai, ACS, and all the other bleeding-edge ROMs, and the lack of problems for most --perhaps 95% or better -- the issue is obviously something YOU'RE doing, not the EXT4 technology.

I know that isn't helpful to you, and I sincerely have sympathy. I hope the community can help you, and others, figure out the cause of your difficulties.

Regardless, it is not helpful, nor does it contribute to the community, to spread false information. It's true that for you and a handful of people that EXT4 is problematic; it is not true that EXT4 if some sort of risky feature that should be avoided.

Rather, EXT4 is a solid, very useful step forward in technology with major advantages. No one here should fear using it any more than any of the other mods they're willing to risk beyond using the official stock software.

Sent from my mind using telepathitalk