is this **** bricked??

Search This thread

mic.mayorga

Oct 19, 2010
San Luis Obispo, CA
its just sitting on the freaking LG screen... every time i vol dwn + pwr and double press power it goes normal but then cwm doesn't come up and it just restarts and hangs at LG again. i ****ing hate this phone can someone please help me out? why won't cwm load

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
can you describe exactly the process you took to port CWM into your phone? Let's see if something happened along the way to cause it to not work properly.

Also, is CWM the one not working, or did you flash a ROM on your phone and something went wrong, and you are trying to get to CWM to restore your phone but not getting anywhere with it?

mic.mayorga

Oct 19, 2010
San Luis Obispo, CA
can you describe exactly the process you took to port CWM into your phone? Let's see if something happened along the way to cause it to not work properly.

Also, is CWM the one not working, or did you flash a ROM on your phone and something went wrong, and you are trying to get to CWM to restore your phone but not getting anywhere with it?

followed the steps on the cwm thread. used terminal emulator. worked great. was working fine until now. i flashed kernels beta 2 and only wiped cache and dalvik and now nothing is working. no cwm to restore, can't even get to the at&t boot animation. this is a mystery.

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
followed the steps on the cwm thread. used terminal emulator. worked great. was working fine until now. i flashed kernels beta 2 and only wiped cache and dalvik and now nothing is working. no cwm to restore, can't even get to the at&t boot animation. this is a mystery.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately I can't help much at all since I haven't done either yet (CWM or Kernels/rom installations) so rather than making things worse for you, I'll leave it to the Pros here to help you. Im sure one of them will respond back soon enough.

V@no

Sep 24, 2007
Try this:
Disconnect the phone and pull out the battery.
Put battery back in and plug phone to a wall charger. Let it boot to the battery charging screen. Once there press and hold POWER + VOLDOWN

Depends on type of the problem, it helped me 9 out 10 times...

mic.mayorga

Oct 19, 2010
San Luis Obispo, CA
tried it at least 20 times now. just realized that i didn't format /system nor did i update cwm yesterday. probably the root of all these problems. I'm just gonna start fresh with the kdz. I'm on a mac though so its going to be a long night starting with boot camp.

fishscale28

Apr 20, 2011
I'm having the same problems...well kind of...

I followed all the instructions for CWM and everything went great. No real issues but had to reinstall the .img twice and then was perfect thereafter. Saw the beta 2 ROM and figured what the hey...downloaded and installed to SD Card. Used CWM/Nandroid to do a backup then installed the zip for the ROM from the sd card.

It took a matter of 10 seconds and said it was successful/done and restarted phone-got a boot loop on LG screen for about 15 minutes and finally did a battery pull-tried several times to get it into CWM with no luck and finally was able to get in-but had to plug it into the wall and wait for charging screen to show. Was able to restore and all was well until turning the phone off.

Turning off the phone now causes the phone to loop on the ATT screen-I can get into download mode and can get into CWM and restore and all is well until turning phone off.

I figured it just needs a fresh install so I've been trying to flash the kdz but the firmware updater keeps faulting and never makes it through the process...so I'm stuck...have all the files I need (I believe) and have everything in place...just can't get it back to normal.

Any ideas from here?

Thanks in advance!

V@no

Sep 24, 2007
Yeah, sometimes it could be quicker just start over and restore backups...

While you there, would you mind do this: Needed SystemUI.apk from SU640 :cool: ;)

[EDIT]
@fishscale28:
did you do kdz unbrick before? If not, then perhaps you are not doing it right...btw, kdz file for LU6200 didn't work for me.

Last edited:

fishscale28

Apr 20, 2011
Nope-never done a kdz unbrick before-I have the kdz v10i_00 for the 640. I have all the drivers installed, the parser deal installed, windows enabler program running and use the kdz updater to update the firmware. Is there something Im missing here? Seems like several people have gotten the updater to crash when trying to update the firmware...any ideas why?

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

I went through a few of the threads and saw there was a .dll file to be deleted in the updater folders so I did that and now I can do absolutely nothing with the program. Only start and exit...am unable to select anything, view anything, get anything to function...

dbjungle

Jul 4, 2009
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Mi 8 SE
Nope-never done a kdz unbrick before-I have the kdz v10i_00 for the 640. I have all the drivers installed, the parser deal installed, windows enabler program running and use the kdz updater to update the firmware. Is there something Im missing here? Seems like several people have gotten the updater to crash when trying to update the firmware...any ideas why?

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

I went through a few of the threads and saw there was a .dll file to be deleted in the updater folders so I did that and now I can do absolutely nothing with the program. Only start and exit...am unable to select anything, view anything, get anything to function...

I installed from the kdz yesterday and didn't have to delete any files. I'm on Win 7 x64. The first time it ran it told me to restart my phone cause it didn't see it, but the second time it ran until my phone reboot and I killed the program. Be sure you have the KDZ_FW_UPD_EN with UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe in it. Hope this helps.

fishscale28

Apr 20, 2011
Thanks for your help. I did all that...again...I even deleted, reinstalled all the updater stuff, tried running as admin, tried running in compatibility mode, ran it after deleting the recommended .dll file and the option to do anything was gone, put it back in and was able to run everything fine and a little after extracting the kdz it would crash. I unplugged the phone and re-ran the proggy and it went through the check, noticed the phone wasn't hooked up and finished the check. Plug phone in, start process over and proggy crashes.

I don't get it-I would say its the wrong kdz but its not. I installed all the drivers and it still doesn't work. I've tried every combo of everything and the proggies keep crashing.

Now I was finally able to get into CWM to flash another ROM and was able to get one going-was able to boot into the os but same as before-once the phone is turned off it starts the boot loop. Now its even harder to get back to CWM but a restore works from there. Any ideas on why the boot image keeps reverting back to whatever was screwed up? Has to be something that happens once the system starts up again as it's after a restore and when the phone is turned off. Stumped and would love to be able to use my phone...It seems like flashing the kdz would be the sure fire way to get it done-are there options aside from the updaters that keep crashing?

Thanks in advance!

mic.mayorga

Oct 19, 2010
San Luis Obispo, CA
alright so i got to the 4% thing and my phone rebooted but it kept looping to the screen LG Optimus LTE bootscreen with the pink candy cane. thats it. i did vol dwn + pwr and got the android arrow and box with loading bar no text, then it rebooted back to the optimus lte screen. never got to the setup screen. tried the kdz again and my phone died. now when i plug it in i only get download mode... does it charge in download mode and why did it not get to the setup screen?!

dbjungle

Jul 4, 2009
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Mi 8 SE
Thanks for your help. I did all that...again...I even deleted, reinstalled all the updater stuff, tried running as admin, tried running in compatibility mode, ran it after deleting the recommended .dll file and the option to do anything was gone, put it back in and was able to run everything fine and a little after extracting the kdz it would crash. I unplugged the phone and re-ran the proggy and it went through the check, noticed the phone wasn't hooked up and finished the check. Plug phone in, start process over and proggy crashes.

I don't get it-I would say its the wrong kdz but its not. I installed all the drivers and it still doesn't work. I've tried every combo of everything and the proggies keep crashing.

Now I was finally able to get into CWM to flash another ROM and was able to get one going-was able to boot into the os but same as before-once the phone is turned off it starts the boot loop. Now its even harder to get back to CWM but a restore works from there. Any ideas on why the boot image keeps reverting back to whatever was screwed up? Has to be something that happens once the system starts up again as it's after a restore and when the phone is turned off. Stumped and would love to be able to use my phone...It seems like flashing the kdz would be the sure fire way to get it done-are there options aside from the updaters that keep crashing?

Thanks in advance!

Even after running the kdz, my phone still does that after installing CWM. I don't know if it's something with my ROM or something with CWM, but if you can't get into CWM you probably don't need to run the kdz. I couldn't get into CWM anymore when I ran it.

fishscale28

Apr 20, 2011
I don't get it-now I can't get into recovery and it keeps up with the boot loop. I've tried running on the virtual PC/XP deal and it doesn't crash but now it doesn't even see the phone...reinstalled all the drivers, etc. and still no luck. Is there anyway to get the kdz installed without this updater?