[Mod][4.1.2][TW] Ink Effect No S Pen Now with Red/Black [Darker Ink]

Search This thread

regulusv7

Sep 16, 2012
New Darker Ink - For those of you that like the darker ink over the stock ink I modified the colors to make them bolder. Let me know what you think.

Flash either Darker ink or Ink Effect Red and Black but not both. They override each other.

Just flash the files attached. The first is the new patched android.policy.jar which should work like the other
The 2nd is a vrtheme to add classes.dex to secsettings so that you can choose the new colors

Step 1:
Flash the ink effect that you would like. Only diffenece between v1 and v2 is the grey shadow on lockscreen.
Step 2:
Flash SecSettings RedBlack especially if you want the Red and Black options to show up in you settings menu.

That's it. Pretty simple If you want darker in pick that one, if you want the standard ink pick that one. They override each other so only pick one.

I also attached the classes.dex file so you can do it manually for different roms, just overwrite the classes.dex in the secsettings.apk DO NOT FLASH THIS ONE. IT JUST HAS CLASSES.DEX IN IT.

V2
Removed the greyish tint on lockscreen that bajanman noticed. If you like it you can keep v1 that is the only change.

I would like to give a special thanks to jarari2 for helping me get the arrays right in the smali.

Confirmed Working on
NOTEorious Prime RC1.5 JB 4.1.2 AOSP/TW Mash-up N7105
CleanROM 3.0.1 Thanks P1 Wookie
Jelly Thunder Thanks Bajanman

Attachments

• classes.zip
    973.1 KB · Views: 231
  • Screenshot_2012-12-13-11-41-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-13-11-41-13.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 4,300
Last edited:
C

cjsspape

I finally figured out how to add red and black into settings and got them working.
Just flash the files attached. The first is the new patched android.policy.jar which should work like the other
The 2nd is a vrtheme to add classes.dex to secsettings so that you can choose the new colors

I also attached the classes.dex file so you can do it manually for different roms, just overwrite the classes.dex in the secsettings.apk DO NOT FLASH THIS ONE. IT JUST HAS CLASSES.DEX IN IT.

Will this overwrite the previous policy.jar? Or add to it? Things like 4 way reboot are coded into it and unless its baked in with it then it could break that functionality right?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium

regulusv7

Sep 16, 2012
Will this overwrite the previous policy.jar? Or add to it? Things like 4 way reboot are coded into it and unless its baked in with it then it could break that functionality right?

I used an android.policy.jar that included all of that. It will overwrite it.

regulusv7

Sep 16, 2012
Awesome. Great work man!

Thanks. Took many tries but I made it out alive. Let me know if the flashable classes.dex works for others. It worked for me but I dont't know if that is rom specific that's why I just included the manual way.

C

cjsspape

Thanks. Took many tries but I made it out alive. Let me know if the flashable classes.dex works for others. It worked for me but I dont't know if that is rom specific that's why I just included the manual way.

What was your base rom?

It should work because I think all the 4.1.2 ROMs use the same base build.

regulusv7

Sep 16, 2012
Go to first new post
[ROM] NOTEorious Prime RC1.5 JB 4.1.2 AOSP/TW Mash-up N7105 base 12/7/21012

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

regulusv7

Sep 16, 2012
What was your base rom?

It should work because I think all the 4.1.2 ROMs use the same base build.

Ok let me know how it worked out for you. So far no problems for me I have changed the colors back and forth and messed around with other lockscreen settings and everything seems good. I guess I will add all confirmed working roms to the op if people tell me.

C

cjsspape

Ok let me know how it worked out for you. So far no problems for me I have changed the colors back and forth and messed around with other lockscreen settings and everything seems good. I guess I will add all confirmed working roms to the op if people tell me.

Its working good for me I just flashed it. Very deep colors its awesome haha you did some good stuff here. Was easy to flash too. I'm using my ROM so I can't say if it'll work on other ones but I'll definitely be including this in a new update if that's cool with you?

regulusv7

Sep 16, 2012
Its working good for me I just flashed it. Very deep colors its awesome haha you did some good stuff here. Was easy to flash too. I'm using my ROM so I can't say if it'll work on other ones but I'll definitely be including this in a new update if that's cool with you?

That's fine with me. That's why I released it.

saffant

Jul 5, 2011
img220.imageshack.us
Great.. flashed first two files and it messed up my phone. Boot loop.

Knew I should've made a backup—just didnt wanna take the hassle to create more space and then start on the long ass haul of backing up with nandroid.

I was on Jedi X3.2 btw.

regulusv7

Sep 16, 2012
Great.. flashed first two files and it messed up my phone. Boot loop.

Knew I should've made a backup—just didnt wanna take the hassle to create more space and then start on the long ass haul of backing up with nandroid.

I was on Jedi X3.2 btw.

This is for 4.1.2 only, Jedi Rom doesn't have that base until after 3.3. I think X6 is the first one

jeremyandroid

Dec 28, 2010
Picayune
My phone won't install the classes zip. It installed the first two fine but keeps failing on classes. I'm on Jedi X6 . 1 with persus 28 kernel. It didn't mess up my phone or boot loop. Not sure....

Sent from the highly modded JDevil Note 2

C

cjsspape

My phone won't install the classes zip. It installed the first two fine but keeps failing on classes. I'm on Jedi X6 . 1 with persus 28 kernel. It didn't mess up my phone or boot loop. Not sure....

If your flashing this through recovery you only need to do the first two files. The classes.zip is for dev's to bake it into their ROMs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Darker Ink - For those of you that like the darker ink over the stock ink I modified the colors to make them bolder. Let me know what you think.

Flash either Darker ink or Ink Effect Red and Black but not both. They override each other.

Step 1:
    Flash the ink effect that you would like. Only diffenece between v1 and v2 is the grey shadow on lockscreen.
    Step 2:
    Flash SecSettings RedBlack especially if you want the Red and Black options to show up in you settings menu.

That's it. Pretty simple If you want darker in pick that one, if you want the standard ink pick that one. They override each other so only pick one.

V2
    Removed the greyish tint on lockscreen that bajanman noticed. If you like it you can keep v1 that is the only change.

I would like to give a special thanks to jarari2 for helping me get the arrays right in the smali.

Confirmed Working on
    NOTEorious Prime RC1.5 JB 4.1.2 AOSP/TW Mash-up N7105
    CleanROM 3.0.1 Thanks P1 Wookie
    Jelly Thunder Thanks Bajanman
    http://db.tt/l7ea68B8

Here is the secsettings.apk from CleanROM 4.0. It should be the same as 4.0.5

Sent from my Galaxy Note II on CleanROM 4.0

Here you go, let me know how it goes.

Here you go, let me know how it goes.

If your flashing this through recovery you only need to do the first two files. The classes.zip is for dev's to bake it into their ROMs

Thank you. Working perfect

Bug confirmed! I'm on CR4.0.5 and have that too but it works perfectly. I hope the amount of download the files get is the same amount of thanks regulusv7 get for this fix. Thanks you more time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Regulusv7 did you use the file I sent you or the one Alcapone posted here? I think his was from 4.0 the one I sent by email is pulled straight from CleanRom4.0.5 that am running. I dont think like he said that there is a difference but I'll ask scott and see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium HD app

Did you send me Secsetting.apk? i just saw andoid.policy.jar.
    I only made smali changes so if the public.xml file in the values folder has different associations that can happen. I can send you the secsettings.apk if you want to test that to see if it still happens.