[Q] Bootloader battery issue

Search This thread

Wibber

Feb 12, 2012
How do i update my firmware if the phone constantly says that my battery is too low?
It finds the PG58IMG.zip but it can't update it because of "battery voltage too low".
It does not matter what battery i use, or how i charge it, even if i charge it for 12 hours.
in bootloader it says i'm low on power, when i go into recovery it says i have anything from 3-13% battery left. then i charge it, and the % decreases instead of increases. I have an idea that it has something to do with my firmware, because i went from Albinoman's CM11 to Sultan's CM11, no change. It also had this battery issue in Albinoman's CM10.

The battery does the same thing when i am just using my phone, it drains the battery in about 20 mins (with lowest light settings and no apps installed), and when i try to charge it, it also just decreases in %, goes to 0, starts back at 98% and starts decreasing again.
If I reboot the phone, then the battery says 4-45% and drains in 5 mins.

When the battery is drained, and i put it into my girlfriend's Sensation, then the battery is almost full, and there is no problems..

I have no idea what to do.

edit: Even when i am in 4ext and it shows that the battery is full, and i go into "power menu -> bootloader" it still shows up as "battery voltage too low"

Edit: If you need any info, just let me know, because now I really want this fixed.
I'm not that much into all this, so I have no idea if it is the Radio, the ROM's i try to use or the RUU? Firmware? :S... Gaarh..

-Firmware-3.33-
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.27.1100
RADIO-11.24S.3504.31_M
OpenADSP-v05.6.0.2226.00.0418
eMMC-boot
Jan 13 2012, 17:33:34

Last edited:

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
first why are you trying to update the firmware since you have the latest one?:confused:
make sure that your battery fits correctly
try to put a piece of paper to push the battery to the pins and see how it goes
also try a different rom except of AOSP ones

Wibber

Feb 12, 2012
first why are you trying to update the firmware since you have the latest one?:confused:
make sure that your battery fits correctly
try to put a piece of paper to push the battery to the pins and see how it goes
also try a different rom except of AOSP ones

I wasn't sure that it was still the latest one, because I installed it AGES ago :p

I will try the paper thingy (doubt that it will work though :S - cross my fingers!)

Any rom that you can advise me to try ?

Wibber

Feb 12, 2012
I have still tried to install a new RUU or anything without succes, when i get into bootloader it just says that my battery voltage is too low.
And it doesn't matter what battery I use, or which charger I use..

It's really weird and frustrating..