[STOCK]Odin Firmware I527UCUBNE7 ATT 4.4.2 here

Search This thread

meraz9000

Oct 7, 2011
Uploading....Coming soon :)

Hello everyone this is the official odin package for the galaxy mega ATT version. With this you can get your phone back working if you get the "This phone is not running authorized software crap. " etc . Also hope it encourages more people to find a root method without the fear of having a brick. As many of you know this package was nowhere to be found so I had to bribe a Samsung employee to give it to me which means it wasn't free for me but I'm sharing it with you guys so if you send me a beer my way i'll be happy :D not mandatory.

This package is in multiple parts:

I527UCUBNE7

AP: Must be flashed under PDA in Odin. This is the biggest file and contains your system,recovery and kernel partition Download

BL: This is the bootloader. If you already took the update ignore this but if you want to upgrade your phone you must flash this Download

CP: This is the modem and other network related partitions. You must flash this under Phone in odin Download

CSC: This contains carrier related settings for our firmare. Flash this under CSC in odin. Download

Highly Recommended to perform a factory reset after the flashing is completed. Let me know your results

Last edited:

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
so the guys that have tried this can confirm that is working!
and also liked to know how root is being dealt with

Garack has been working on it and has actually posted a file to flash in Odin I beleive. He say that if it boots up, then root should be obtainable.

Not sure anyone has tried it yet.

It is in the "root bounty for 4.4.2 update" thread

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app

alex852

Jun 13, 2014
San Diego, CA
@ Sunderwear Thank you very much for the great post and instructions. I'm currently testing it out with my i527 AT&T with ODIN 3.09... will post results in a few minutes. My phone was stuck in reboot after official 4.4.2 AT&T update left it in loop mode... give me a few minuytes and I'll post my results!

alex852

Jun 13, 2014
San Diego, CA
Too close. I did all the steps, and indeed it passed all Odin steps (picture), but it's still stuck in loop mode. When I try to go into Recovery mode (Vol + and HOME), it will only show the blue letters on top of the screen (picture), then it reboots on its own... no fix :( do you know a possible fix for loop mode.

If I go to Odin mode (Vol - and HOME), this is what I got (picture)...:confused:

Attachments

• 20140803_173853_resized_1.jpg
    20140803_173853_resized_1.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 1,904
  • 20140803_173849_resized_1.jpg
    20140803_173849_resized_1.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 1,614
  • 20140803_175033_resized.jpg
    20140803_175033_resized.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 1,711
Reactions: gvantzov

meraz9000

Oct 7, 2011
Too close. I did all the steps, and indeed it passed all Odin steps (picture), but it's still stuck in loop mode. When I try to go into Recovery mode (Vol + and HOME), it will only show the blue letters on top of the screen (picture), then it reboots on its own... no fix :( do you know a possible fix for loop mode.

If I go to Odin mode (Vol - and HOME), this is what I got (picture)...:confused:

Has your phone been repaired.. Like a broken screen recently? And if it fails with the red letters at system upload. M. Try again with a different USB cord or port. I own a cellphone repair shop and have been using the files with no problems

alex852

Jun 13, 2014
San Diego, CA
Has your phone been repaired.. Like a broken screen recently? And if it fails with the red letters at system upload. M. Try again with a different USB cord or port. I own a cellphone repair shop and have been using the files with no problems

Yeah, the screen was replaced a while ago. The phone went bad once it installed the 4.4.2 official update. I will try use some other usb cable. I have plenty of microusb wires. Do you think the screen has something to do with it?

Reactions: drkpassion1

alex852

Jun 13, 2014
San Diego, CA

Ok, I used a different port using also a brand new official/original Samsung MicroUSB cable to retest it. :crying: no work, again stuck in loop mode. Tomorrow, I will get another computer to retest this with another one. Will post the results tomorrow.

When the phone loops, I do not have any letters that appear anywhere besides the Samsung Galaxy Mega logo. it just vibrates, and then it restarts without showing any messages/letters.

You mentioned "Red letters at System Upload" is that when I hold Vol - and home? because I only get the blue letters if I do the Vol+ and home.

Thank you for your patience man. I'm sort of a noob, well, not sort of! :)

Surgeman

Apr 5, 2007
Nashville
I haven't tried this yet...but I will back up tomorrow and report back how it goes with my unit...I still have my factory with no knox bootloader so far..and was debating if I want to even try really...

meraz9000

Oct 7, 2011
Ok, I used a different port using also a brand new official/original Samsung MicroUSB cable to retest it. :crying: no work, again stuck in loop mode. Tomorrow, I will get another computer to retest this with another one. Will post the results tomorrow.

When the phone loops, I do not have any letters that appear anywhere besides the Samsung Galaxy Mega logo. it just vibrates, and then it restarts without showing any messages/letters.

You mentioned "Red letters at System Upload" is that when I hold Vol - and home? because I only get the blue letters if I do the Vol+ and home.

Thank you for your patience man. I'm sort of a noob, well, not sort of! :)

No worries. I was asking because the same happened to me with a customers phone..got screen replaced..then he took the 4.4.2 ota update..got stuck at samsung logo bootloop..i loaded the firmware like 4 times..re partition with pit file and erase all nand...I would get stuck in the same screen saying entering recovery..So it's an issue going around. Last resort would be sending it to Samsung

Surgeman

Apr 5, 2007
Nashville
No worries. I was asking because the same happened to me with a customers phone..got screen replaced..then he took the 4.4.2 ota update..got stuck at samsung logo bootloop..i loaded the firmware like 4 times..re partition with pit file and erase all nand...I would get stuck in the same screen saying entering recovery..So it's an issue going around. Last resort would be sending it to Samsung

Yes Sunderwear that will happen because there is 3rd parties making aftermarket screens and people were buying them as replacements...If you don't have the OEM screen the driver in the firmware won't work and it will hang...I run in to something like this on a Galaxy S4 I repaired...

USMAN_ZEESHAN

Jun 8, 2008

check your AP files size that was happen to me i download file wan;st complete than i download again and make sure file download complete
and after that use odin don;t need other file just select on PDA and let odin run after that every thing will bee fine

Jul 13, 2014
Huntsville
Help!

Every time I try to use the PDA and PHONE files, it says they have an invalid md5 hash. I've tried re-downloading them, but to no avail. Could anyone help with this?

alex852

Jun 13, 2014
San Diego, CA
check your AP files size that was happen to me i download file wan;st complete than i download again and make sure file download complete
and after that use odin don;t need other file just select on PDA and let odin run after that every thing will bee fine

Sorry for the long delay. I think I found the full issue with the Samsung Glaxy Mega boot loop on 4.4.2
My phone is till not working. We own four 6.3 Megas (1 my wife, 1 daughter, 1 son, and mine).

Officially I have 2 that are not working properly and stuck on boot loop. My wife and daughter are working properly on 4.4.2 my son's now and mine are stuck in boot loop. Wife's phone has original screen and it's working properly, my daughter has a replacement screen I bought on ebay for about $160.00 on January. My son's I've replaced the screens about 3-5 times already (a ton of money wasted), and mine, recently I did replaced it on May (before the 4.4.2 update on June). Here goes the issue:

My son's phone updated today about 2 hours ago while we were visiting the AT&T store for U-Verse Quote. Did not know it updated until we got home... Sons' phone is stuck in boot loop also now!!!!!!!!!!!! What I did was I took my daughters phone apart (with expensive replacement screen and currently running 4.4.2), and installed the screen on my sons and then mine, and each phone would work flawlessly with that screen, so I took the current replacement screens I had from my phone and my son to install them on my daughter's and each one would go into boot loop.

After that, I re installed the good screen on my daughters back, and daughters work properly again. I guess the generic OEM screens from eBay I've been buying for $50 bucks are not compatible with 4.4.2 Kitkat, they are only compatible with 4.2.2 Jelly bean.

Anyone knows where I can buy original screens? I've contacted several sellers on eBay to see if the screens work on 4.4.2 because I don't want to spend more money on screens. I just got 1 from China 2 days ago, and that one also gets stuck in boot loop... so frustrated with screens. All my OT from work goes to pay for these issues... Help anyone? Anyone sells working 4.4.2 compatible screens?

Also, I will buy a broken ORIGINAL screens from ebay (like $7-$10) to test it out and verify. I will post results. Hope this experiment (and my sadness) will help you guys out if stuck in boot loop.

P.S. Oh yeah, I did do both phones on PDA, then all BL,PDA, etc... and I still get boot looped. I have to say THANK YOU to the original autheor because it does work! It's just my screens that doesn't work!!!!! HELP GUYS!!!!!:crying:

pcrat

Oct 22, 2010
michigan
Is there a certian order u need to flash these in?

Any short tutorials..
Ive flashed odin pda only b4..

Have to factory reset first?

Thanks guys.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Uploading....Coming soon :)

Hello everyone this is the official odin package for the galaxy mega ATT version. With this you can get your phone back working if you get the "This phone is not running authorized software crap. " etc . Also hope it encourages more people to find a root method without the fear of having a brick. As many of you know this package was nowhere to be found so I had to bribe a Samsung employee to give it to me which means it wasn't free for me but I'm sharing it with you guys so if you send me a beer my way i'll be happy :D not mandatory.

This package is in multiple parts:

I527UCUBNE7

AP: Must be flashed under PDA in Odin. This is the biggest file and contains your system,recovery and kernel partition Download

BL: This is the bootloader. If you already took the update ignore this but if you want to upgrade your phone you must flash this Download

CP: This is the modem and other network related partitions. You must flash this under Phone in odin Download

CSC: This contains carrier related settings for our firmare. Flash this under CSC in odin. Download

Highly Recommended to perform a factory reset after the flashing is completed. Let me know your results

here's the pit file I used.

Yeah, the screen was replaced a while ago. The phone went bad once it installed the 4.4.2 official update. I will try use some other usb cable. I have plenty of microusb wires. Do you think the screen has something to do with it?
    thanks a lot!!!!

thank you very mush for the files and the instructions...it worked perfectly...i did it with odin 3.07...good job and thanks again for the share!!!:D