[Theme] [Mod] 3minit battery mod - hammerhead - August 31, 2014

Search This thread

Negan

Recognized Themer/ Retired Forum Moderator
ae6aba3d6961807e62a85b2ed53fa2e3.jpg

Just when you thought this was for touchwiz roms only, I've managed to get this working for cm 11 stable build.
I've been tinkering with this for a bit longer than I should have. Special thanks to gharrington (3minit developer) and carl1961 for their extra time and help making this work for me.

Please note that I did not create this mod. I simply modified the systemui using the guide in the original thread linked below. All credit goes to the 3minit team!

So here's the deal:
I made this for my own CM 11 stable rom build. I have not released the rom because it's going to be part of a different project I'm working on. However this will work fine on the official cm 11 stable build.
It may or may not work on nightlies and other cm based roms. Worst case your systemui will fc on you. In which case all you need to do is dirty flash your rom.

This mod allows you to choose from over 1000 battery styles from different users. With a single click you can download a battery style and set it as your new battery! Storage is not affected as the app only downloads the images you use!

Please report if it's working on other cm based roms. But DO NOT complain if it doesn't. That means you didn't read the op in which I'm telling you that this is only meant for CM 11 NOT AOKP, PA OR OTHER ROMS!

I ask that you all check out the original 3minit thread by gharrington and say thanks. We wouldn't have this without him. The thread is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2799958

be9ef089145be2cf570bdb2612f8850f.jpg

yjymajut.jpg

9emu2a8y.jpg

nete9usa.jpg

hysasa5y.jpg

VERSION 2 Changelog:
- now user can select from "colorable" batteries and make their own colors to match their theme
- nomedia file added to prevent images from being seen in gallery

Instructions:

1: Download zip
2: Make a nandroid because if you noob it up it's not my fault!
3: flash zip (cache wiping is not needed and pointless)
4: reboot and you will have a new battery and the 3minit app will be in your app drawer

Hope you enjoy these amazing batteries folks! I've been tinkering with this for too long!

8c6d8fd113a939f50ee2d14d5a36884b.jpg

goo.gl/Xhd5Mg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aprilx0x

problems since flashing

Okay heres the deal. I was on the newest cm11 stable version. I read through the whole post.. followed the instructions. Made a backup, Flashed the zip and restarted my phone. As soon as it powered on and I got to the lock screen a message started popping up something like "problem with systemUI" Anyways... I cant remember what the whole thing said. So I went in to recovery, reset phone to factory settings, wipe dalvik/cache and then flashed my backup. Then Started phone and then everything was fine for about 5 hours and I got the same message again. Sooooo then I went in to recovery... reset to factory setting- wipe dalvik/cache and then flashed a different rom. Paranoid Android Beta, And it was doing fine And about 5 hours and then I get the same system error message like I got when I flashed your MOD. So again I went to recovery, did another full wipe and reset. Next I flashed the Purity plus Rom. Well once again it was working fine for 5 hours and I get the error message again, I have been timing it since the first time I started getting the error message. I am wondering how do I get this to STOP? Its driving me crazy. My only choice is to restart the phone and hope it doesnt keep giving me the error message. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt. So please tell me there a fix to this? There has to be a way to undo whatever it is I did when I originally flashed your zip. None of my backups are successful in making the error message stop showing up. Not even my STOCK backup. So someone ANYONE please help!!! Im about to throw this phone across the room!

Negan

Okay heres the deal. I was on the newest cm11 stable version. I read through the whole post.. followed the instructions. Made a backup, Flashed the zip and restarted my phone. As soon as it powered on and I got to the lock screen a message started popping up something like "problem with systemUI" Anyways... I cant remember what the whole thing said. So I went in to recovery, reset phone to factory settings, wipe dalvik/cache and then flashed my backup. Then Started phone and then everything was fine for about 5 hours and I got the same message again. Sooooo then I went in to recovery... reset to factory setting- wipe dalvik/cache and then flashed a different rom. Paranoid Android Beta, And it was doing fine And about 5 hours and then I get the same system error message like I got when I flashed your MOD. So again I went to recovery, did another full wipe and reset. Next I flashed the Purity plus Rom. Well once again it was working fine for 5 hours and I get the error message again, I have been timing it since the first time I started getting the error message. I am wondering how do I get this to STOP? Its driving me crazy. My only choice is to restart the phone and hope it doesnt keep giving me the error message. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt. So please tell me there a fix to this? There has to be a way to undo whatever it is I did when I originally flashed your zip. None of my backups are successful in making the error message stop showing up. Not even my STOCK backup. So someone ANYONE please help!!! Im about to throw this phone across the room!
Sounds like you're not getting a full wipe when flashing a new ROM. What recovery are you using. If by chance the systemui does fc a dirty flash should actually restore everything. I highly recommend twrp and be sure when doing full wipe to select under advanced : wipe system. Wiping cache and dalvik are not needed as it gets wiped anyway.

I'll update this either tonight or tomorrow to make this work on a few different roms.

aprilx0x

Sounds like you're not getting a full wipe when flashing a new ROM. What recovery are you using. If by chance the systemui does fc a dirty flash should actually restore everything. I highly recommend twrp and be sure when doing full wipe to select under advanced : wipe system. Wiping cache and dalvik are not needed as it gets wiped anyway.

I'll update this either tonight or tomorrow to make this work on a few different roms.

I have twrp for recovery. & I'll try a dirty flash and see how that goes. Thanks!

kaikupascual

Nov 15, 2012
Hello!!

Can you make this mod for last stable CyanogenMod 11 M11 and last Nighty CM11 of 5 January??, and when CyanogenMod 12 was stable??:good:

Adizzzle

Aug 10, 2012
Kamloops
adizzzle.weebly.com
Cm12.1 2015-05-10

So today I attempted getting 3 Minit Mod working on CM12.1
But after every attempt (Over 7 haha) I have failed.
I have been trying on the latest nightly 2015-05-10,
everything goes smoothly, but after overwriting the
SystemUI.apk and rebooting, my phone has a seizure.

Can anyone offer a hand with this? @markbencze?
This is definitely one of the best mods out there!

Last edited:

Negan

So today I attempted getting 3 Minit Mod working on CM12.1
But after every attempt (Over 7 haha) I have failed.
I have been trying on the latest nightly 2015-05-10,
everything goes smoothly, but after overwriting the
SystemUI.apk and rebooting, my phone has a seizure.

Can anyone offer a hand with this? @markbencze?
This is definitely one of the best mods out there!
Define overwriting the systemui

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ae6aba3d6961807e62a85b2ed53fa2e3.jpg

Just when you thought this was for touchwiz roms only, I've managed to get this working for cm 11 stable build.
    I've been tinkering with this for a bit longer than I should have. Special thanks to gharrington (3minit developer) and carl1961 for their extra time and help making this work for me.

Please note that I did not create this mod. I simply modified the systemui using the guide in the original thread linked below. All credit goes to the 3minit team!

So here's the deal:
    I made this for my own CM 11 stable rom build. I have not released the rom because it's going to be part of a different project I'm working on. However this will work fine on the official cm 11 stable build.
    It may or may not work on nightlies and other cm based roms. Worst case your systemui will fc on you. In which case all you need to do is dirty flash your rom.

This mod allows you to choose from over 1000 battery styles from different users. With a single click you can download a battery style and set it as your new battery! Storage is not affected as the app only downloads the images you use!

Please report if it's working on other cm based roms. But DO NOT complain if it doesn't. That means you didn't read the op in which I'm telling you that this is only meant for CM 11 NOT AOKP, PA OR OTHER ROMS!

I ask that you all check out the original 3minit thread by gharrington and say thanks. We wouldn't have this without him. The thread is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2799958

be9ef089145be2cf570bdb2612f8850f.jpg

yjymajut.jpg

9emu2a8y.jpg

nete9usa.jpg

hysasa5y.jpg

VERSION 2 Changelog:
    - now user can select from "colorable" batteries and make their own colors to match their theme
    - nomedia file added to prevent images from being seen in gallery

Instructions:

1: Download zip
    2: Make a nandroid because if you noob it up it's not my fault!
    3: flash zip (cache wiping is not needed and pointless)
    4: reboot and you will have a new battery and the 3minit app will be in your app drawer

Hope you enjoy these amazing batteries folks! I've been tinkering with this for too long!

8c6d8fd113a939f50ee2d14d5a36884b.jpg

goo.gl/Xhd5Mg

Mine!

Sistemui crash on last mahdi
    Of course it did. Op clearly states it's for cm stable only!
    I'll give it a try later. Thanks man
    Any chance of doing a version with the last PA build? Since 4.4 I don't know what is to have a themed battery
    Yeah I can take a peak at PA tonight after work. I've had a few PMS about it