[NOTICE][APK]Download and install Google Search 3.2 with Google Launcher Now

Search This thread

tazlooney89

Nov 10, 2011
Mexico D.F.
Download and install Google Search 3.2 with Google Launcher Now

Google has pushed out an update to the Google Search app, which now means there's also an update to the Google Experience Launcher. We've got the APK for you to install below, and this is looking like a substantial update – it looks like the new (and probably official) name for the Google Experience Launcher is Google Now Launcher.

What's New

Google says:

*Bug fixes and performance improvements

We say:

*New Google Now Launcher name with splash screen on start up
*6 columns on tablet home screens (up from 5)
*AirBNB reservations in Google Now
*Fixes disappearing icon in the hotseat bug
*Hotword detection now works in British and Canadian English
*Icon imports from old home screen

(we're still checking it out, might be more to come)

Be aware, you need to have the Google Home stub app installed to see the Google Now Launcher. This branding also doesn't show up on the Nexus 5, which already has the new launcher installed by default.

APK Download

The APK is signed by Google and upgrades your existing app. The cryptographic signature guarantees that the file is safe to install and was not tampered with in any way. Rather than wait for Google to push this download to your devices, which can take days, download and install it just like any other APK.

File name: com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-3.2.16.1006154.arm.

Version: (Android 4.1+).

mirror #1
mirror #2
mirror #3
mirror #4

Fofff

Jan 19, 2013
Thank you very much 4 sharing. It is the Google search app download. What about the luncher?

Inviato dal mio XT1032 utilizzando Tapatalk

zener773

Oct 6, 2007
The search app includes the launcher.

I don't think it includes a launcher. If you already have GEL installed it will be updated, but it doesn't include one. I uninstalled my GEL launcher before installing this apk, and there was no change on the stock launcher. It wasn't until I installed GEL again that I saw the changes, namely now it's called "Google now launcher". Also the icons are still a bit on the big side. Good upgrade though, thanks!

Sent from my XT1034 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Fofff

mrcorey

Mar 12, 2012
I got 3.2.17 update in the play store. It didn't include GEL. I had removed the launcher so I added it back. It's now GNL.

"OK Google" works when you have Google now open if you have stock launcher but that is it. You have to have Google now open. For it to work on any home screen, you need to install Google now launcher.

Edit: hot word detection is cool but at the expense of battery. Wow! Idle all night (over 9 hours) and 11% battery gone. Before enabling and adding GNL, is lose about 3% overnight (with everything syncing and location services on).

Edit 2: I disabled hot word detection and battery life is a lot better. The active listening needs to be optimized. It certainly doesn't work as efficiently as it would on the moto x.

I don't see much advantage of GNL over the stock launcher so far.

Sent from my Moto G

Last edited:
Reactions: zener773

dtsm888

Dec 28, 2013
Newbie here. Installed GEL when I first got my Moto G and it's updated to new Google Now Launcher. However one quirk I notice is widgets don't work with this launcher....is that correct or do I have settings wrong?

I navigate to settings>home> it shows two launchers, one of which is Google Now. When using Google Now, when I flipped through the home screen pages, it only includes my apps and doesn't show any widget screenshots. When I revert back to default Moto G launcher, there are pages of both apps and widgets....

Am I missing something or is this a Moto G thing? Many thanks!

rogeriorp

Dec 11, 2013
Newbie here. Installed GEL when I first got my Moto G and it's updated to new Google Now Launcher. However one quirk I notice is widgets don't work with this launcher....is that correct or do I have settings wrong?

I navigate to settings>home> it shows two launchers, one of which is Google Now. When using Google Now, when I flipped through the home screen pages, it only includes my apps and doesn't show any widget screenshots. When I revert back to default Moto G launcher, there are pages of both apps and widgets....

Long press the homescreen in order to get the widgets list.

Reactions: dtsm888

zener773

Oct 6, 2007
I got 3.2.17 update in the play store. It didn't include GEL. I had removed the launcher so I added it back. It's now GNL.

"OK Google" works when you have Google now open if you have stock launcher but that is it. You have to have Google now open. For it to work on any home screen, you need to install Google now launcher.

Edit: hot word detection is cool but at the expense of battery. Wow! Idle all night (over 9 hours) and 11% battery gone. Before enabling and adding GNL, is lose about 3% overnight (with everything syncing and location services on).

Edit 2: I disabled hot word detection and battery life is a lot better. The active listening needs to be optimized. It certainly doesn't work as efficiently as it would on the moto x.

Sent from my Moto G

You should try the Nova Beta Launcher is really fast, faster than stock or GEL especially when you disable all animations.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

mrcorey

Mar 12, 2012
I like nova (and apex, too). Currently still on GNL by I'll probably either go back to stock or maybe nova. But, when warranty either runs out or I get closer to that, I'll root this phone and rom it to death like I have with my last few phones.

I can't believe that I've had this phone for a whole month and haven't rooted it yet. But, I don't feel the need yet. I'm eager to see what happens with this launcher, though. Not so sure about the hit words, though. After all, it's just swipe, tap, to do the same thing.

Sent from my Moto G

SubZeroPT

Sep 25, 2013
Black Status Screen Bars on S3

Hi guys.

I've tried this on both my Nexus 7 2013 (Kit Kat 4.4.2) and Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300 with Jelly Bean 4.3).

On the Nexus everything works fine. On the S3, however, I now have a black status bar, instead of a transparent one.

On the sotck launcher (you know, Touchwiz) I already had transparent status bars and I thought the Google Now Laucher had those too, no matter what device you installed it in.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download and install Google Search 3.2 with Google Launcher Now

Google has pushed out an update to the Google Search app, which now means there's also an update to the Google Experience Launcher. We've got the APK for you to install below, and this is looking like a substantial update – it looks like the new (and probably official) name for the Google Experience Launcher is Google Now Launcher.

What's New

Google says:

*Bug fixes and performance improvements

We say:

*New Google Now Launcher name with splash screen on start up
    *6 columns on tablet home screens (up from 5)
    *AirBNB reservations in Google Now
    *Fixes disappearing icon in the hotseat bug
    *Hotword detection now works in British and Canadian English
    *Icon imports from old home screen

(we're still checking it out, might be more to come)

Be aware, you need to have the Google Home stub app installed to see the Google Now Launcher. This branding also doesn't show up on the Nexus 5, which already has the new launcher installed by default.

APK Download

The APK is signed by Google and upgrades your existing app. The cryptographic signature guarantees that the file is safe to install and was not tampered with in any way. Rather than wait for Google to push this download to your devices, which can take days, download and install it just like any other APK.

File name: com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-3.2.16.1006154.arm.

Version: (Android 4.1+).

mirror #1
    mirror #2
    mirror #3
    mirror #4

I don't think it includes a launcher. If you already have GEL installed it will be updated, but it doesn't include one. I uninstalled my GEL launcher before installing this apk, and there was no change on the stock launcher. It wasn't until I installed GEL again that I saw the changes, namely now it's called "Google now launcher". Also the icons are still a bit on the big side. Good upgrade though, thanks!

Sent from my XT1034 using xda app-developers app

Sent from my Moto G

Long press the homescreen in order to get the widgets list.